Blonde Hair

redred

What's the mechanism behind hair colours? Ive always had blonde hair and im curious as too why

Is it just genetics or what is it

Inaut

I started out bleach blonde and by the age of 10, my hair went light brown with blonde streaks. I wanted it to get darker around this time. Hmmmmm

OP
R

redred

I started out bleach blonde and by the age of 10, my hair went light brown with blonde streaks. I wanted it to get darker around this time. Hmmmmm
ive seen this often, peoples hair are blonde when they are kids then it gets darker. could it be because of slower thyroid?

My hair used to be light brown as a child, and now it's much darker, I'd say dark brown.

Sunny Jack

Obviously there is a genetic component, as blonde parents tend to have blonde children. The pigmentation of the protein strings growing from our scalps is genetically-biochemically easy to change, a d therefore was sculpted by sexual (volitional) selection.

hiconscience

true less melanin in the hair shaft, but have you noticed kids have lighter hair (more estrogen from the womb) and it darkens. happened to me. But def genetics play the biggest part.

Gone Peating

There was a scientist who found you could change the color of hair by adding different ratios of the minerals found in hair like copper, magnesium, iron, etc.

His conclusion was that people with different genetics have different propensities to store different ratios of minerals in their hair

NathanK

Interesting thread. I had platinum blonde hair as a kid that turned darker as I aged. I'm not sure if this is a common way of saying it, but in my family we call it "dirty blonde" now. It happened to me and my sisters

SOMO

I too was born platinum blonde and it became sort of reddish-blonde and darkened as I got older.

The same thing happened with my eyebrows and lashes, they also became a few shades darker.

Runenight201

It would be fascinating to see a born beach blonde turned dirty blond adult reverse back to beach blond hair. This is assuming that the mechanism for the darkening of hair is due to physical stress (aging).

So far here I’ve heard of gays becoming straight and grown men growing taller, why couldn’t someone figure out how to naturally get blonde hair again.

It would be fascinating to see a born beach blonde turned dirty blond adult reverse back to beach blond hair. This is assuming that the mechanism for the darkening of hair is due to physical stress (aging).

So far here I’ve heard of gays becoming straight and grown men growing taller, why couldn’t someone figure out how to naturally get blonde hair again.
haha

OP
R

redred

There was a scientist who found you could change the color of hair by adding different ratios of the minerals found in hair like copper, magnesium, iron, etc.

His conclusion was that people with different genetics have different propensities to store different ratios of minerals in their hair
so minerals decide hair colour?

David PS

A friend of mine has three sons who each had platinum blonde hair as kids. When his oldest son hair color darkened, he asked me not to say anything about it to his son. He indicated that the color change coincided with puberty and his son did not want to talk about or even be reminded about it. It was sort of an invasion of his son's personal privacy.

This was just an N=3 study. A properly designed controlled study would involve castration of young boys with platinum blonde hair. It would be a horrific study and should never be done.

SOMO

A friend of mine has three sons who each had platinum blonde hair as kids. When his oldest son hair color darkened, he asked me not to say anything about it to his son. He indicated that the color change coincided with puberty and his son did not want to talk about or even be reminded about it. It was sort of an invasion of his son's personal privacy.

This was just an N=3 study. A properly designed controlled study would involve castration of young boys with platinum blonde hair. It would be a horrific study and should never be done.

This experiment/theory has been tested in transgender youth (who undergo chemical and/or physical castration) and could be verified.

Darkening of the hair probably depends on several factors, but 1 major factor would be:

Melanin/Melanogenesis (which is responsible for both skin color and hair texture, and possibly hair color.)

I also believe Lipofuscin may play a role, in the sense that the body tends to darken cells that become inflamed.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals