Blogger gets attacked after suggesting that polyunsaturated cooking oils may contribute to skin agin

[moderator edit: disrespectful preamble removed]

"ARE POLYUNSATURATED OILS THE REAL CAUSE OF SKIN AGING?"

http://beautyeditor.ca/2014/02/17/cause-of-skin-aging

Katie writes:

"Oh boy, did you ever drink the kool-aid on this one! I really don't understand how a seemingly intelligent person can get so completely sucked in by one person's theory.

You appear to have done no research other than reading what Dr. Peat has presented. Yes, you quoted a whole bunch of names in the comments below, but have you actually ever read any of the other researchers' findings? Have you even bothered to read any critiques of Dr. Peat's work? Or is it all a big conspiracy to discredit his work by the corrupt establishment? Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound in your arguments against the peer review process? Bat-sh**t comes to mind."

Lauren writes:

"Michelle, I respect you as a writer and I always turn to your blog for product advice. However, I feel that there are certain things that you shouldn't write because you really don't know enough about them. Your blog has the power to influence many people. As you noted, previously you've endorsed fish oil but now it appears to be dangerous to take as a daily dose. Yes, you may have read a few articles (many cited from the same source Dr. Ray Peat). I ask, how many of the articles sharing this EXACT sentiment are peer reviewed? It's easy to cite webpages from the internet. I find it extremely hard to believe that Lamarck and Darwin wrote articles on the causes of skin aging and PUFAs. Furthermore, humans are variable. There is no 'universal solution' for everyone. For you to present this information as fact and suggest it to be the ultimate solution is simply false. I have been deeply trouble by this article for a while and I finally decided to share my thoughts."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Michelle answering someone in the discussion area:

Michelle said:
Really? Go to any mall in America and have a look at the old people. You will see fat guts, saggy skin, age spots, baldness. He doesn't have any of that - looks remarkably good for a man in his late 70s. Even more important, if you listen to his interviews (many podcasts available online) his brain is in tip top shape. No deterioration whatsoever.

mujuro

Blogger gets attacked by many women after suggesting that polyunsaturated cooking oils may contribute to skin aging

I wonder if when Galileo was telling everyone that the Earth revolved around the Sun, people said "Yeh right bro, you're just 1 source. Need more citations than that".

BobbyDukes

Blogger gets attacked by many women after suggesting that polyunsaturated cooking oils may contribute to skin aging

I wouldn't mind being set upon by a heard of women. This sounds fun.

BobbyDukes

mujuro said:
post 116863 I wonder if when Galileo was telling everyone that the Earth revolved around the Sun, people said "Yeh right bro, you're just 1 source. Need more citations than that".

No need to wonder. This is what happened. He went into direct conflict with the church. This was huge. As back then, going against the church would have been massive. The conclusions he made from looking through a (very bad) telescope, showed how brilliant he was.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Westside PUFAs
[moderator edit: disrespectful preamble removed]

Really? :problem:

People are so sensitive. People need to develop a sense of humor. Life is short. ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals