Blocking PTSD With Doxycycline

ThinkPerceive

haidut

Forum Supporter
With likely implications around learned helplessness.

"We find that recall of threat memory, measured with fear-potentiated startle 7 days after acquisition, is attenuated by ~60% in individuals who were under doxycycline during acquisition... Our findings support an emerging view that extracellular signalling pathways are crucially required for threat memory formation"
Molecular Psychiatry - Blocking human fear memory with the matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor doxycycline

Thanks, this is a good find. I think minocycline would work even better as it targets the CNS.

Velve921

With likely implications around learned helplessness.

"We find that recall of threat memory, measured with fear-potentiated startle 7 days after acquisition, is attenuated by ~60% in individuals who were under doxycycline during acquisition... Our findings support an emerging view that extracellular signalling pathways are crucially required for threat memory formation"
Molecular Psychiatry - Blocking human fear memory with the matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor doxycy

Have you found a good source of doxycycline for sale online?

Dragon

ADC

alldaychemist.com

altho, I'd be careful with it. It's known to harm mitochondrial function. There is a whole series of studies/papers by several groups who were concerned, not for your health, but for the fact that this mito-harm would be screwing up cell-function studies (doxy is a 'standard reagant' used in many studies).

ps; I thought it was interesting to see them use the phrase "threat memory" there. I've done a fair bit of research on fear memory extinction, and have never seen that wording before.

Regina

ADC

alldaychemist.com

altho, I'd be careful with it. It's known to harm mitochondrial function. There is a whole series of studies/papers by several groups who were concerned, not for your health, but for the fact that this mito-harm would be screwing up cell-function studies (doxy is a 'standard reagant' used in many studies).

ps; I thought it was interesting to see them use the phrase "threat memory" there. I've done a fair bit of research on fear memory extinction, and have never seen that wording before.
Dragon,
I enjoy reading your insights on the topic(s) (fear memory extinction, etc..); I hope you continue to share them here and/or point to good sources.

Dragon

gracias gina :)

I try an experiment here...see if uploading a paper works for me...

ahh! easier than I expected. So why not two? Maybe you like the 2nd one... :)

Attachments

• ANX-FMEM-Amygdala-PFC prefrontal interactions in (mal)adaptive learning-2015.pdf
    735.6 KB · Views: 35
  • ANX-ADHD-DANC-cc- Mindful movement and skilled attention-2015.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 41

Regina

gracias gina :)

I try an experiment here...see if uploading a paper works for me...

ahh! easier than I expected. So why not two? Maybe you like the 2nd one... :)
Ooooo cool! These look fun. Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals