Blocking Both Estrogen & Testosterone

smith

I've been following the ray peat forum for a few months now and I finally got the balls to create an account and post something, so I'll let this (maybe silly) question be my formal introduction to the Peat OG's. Now, I'm aware that some people choose to block certain hormones in their quest to switch genders and such. My question is, what would happen if both "male" and "female" hormones were completely blocked from being created in the body, equally?

DavePalumbo

This is interesting to me, too. What happens if you don't have hormones to feminize you but you also lack hormones to masculinize you, assuming all androgen and estrogen, progesterone, etc., receptors were completely blocked.
Would you turn into a high-iq robotic nerd?

OP
smith

smith

This is interesting to me, too. What happens if you don't have hormones to feminize you but you also lack hormones to masculinize you, assuming all androgen and estrogen, progesterone, etc., receptors were completely blocked.

I read somewhere on the forum that Ray referred to testosterone as being "almost as toxic as estrogen". Both Testosterone and Estrogen are "old" hormones that the youth hormones Progesterone/Pregnenolone/DHEA degrade to, so it would be interesting if you could perpetually cycle those, instead of having them degrade right after their upregulation. Based on what I read on the forum, this seems to be the case in young individuals and adolescents, High progesterone/pregnenolone and low DHT for example, not 100% sure though

BigChad

Are you dave palumbo from YouTube?

olive

Blocking estrogen would lead to sore joints, hair loss, detonating skin quality, lack of emotions, lack of appetite, dry painful skin, etc.

Blocking testosterone would lead to poor gut health, digestion issues, fatigue, lack of drive, muscle atrophy, ruin sex drive/performance, etc.

Horrible idea.

Rand56

Would you also care to ask us what kind of dress shoes to buy <smh>, or are you good on those?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Blocking estrogen would lead to sore joints, hair loss, detonating skin quality, lack of emotions, lack of appetite, dry painful skin, etc.

Blocking testosterone would lead to poor gut health, digestion issues, fatigue, lack of drive, muscle atrophy, ruin sex drive/performance, etc.

Horrible idea.
Just wondering, do you know where your own estrogen levels are as well as cortisol?

tankasnowgod

I've been following the ray peat forum for a few months now and I finally got the balls to create an account and post something, so I'll let this (maybe silly) question be my formal introduction to the Peat OG's. Now, I'm aware that some people choose to block certain hormones in their quest to switch genders and such. My question is, what would happen if both "male" and "female" hormones were completely blocked from being created in the body, equally?

Ask someone on Lupron. It pretty much shuts down both Testosterone and Estrogen production. Fairly standard treatment for Prostate Cancer. From the person I know who was on it for quite some time...... it's not a good experience, to put it mildly.