Blockbuster Hepatitis C Drug Has A Deadly Side Effect - Hepatitis B

haidut

Forum Supporter
The FDA just released a statement requiring the insanely expensive hepatitis C drug to carry a blackbox warning or potentially deadly side effect - initiation or recurrence of hepatitis B infection. I always knew something was not right about this drug. The company was very hush-hush on the results of the clinical trial and to this day most of the results from the trial have not been publicly released, even though in theory FDA must have been told about them.

FDA: Hepatitis C Drugs Carry Potentially Deadly Side Effect

"...The Food and Drug Administration is requiring that its most serious warning be placed on high-profile drugs for treating hepatitis C, saying they can cause a reactivation of hepatitis B and subsequently have led to death in some patients. The direct-acting antiviral drugs – which include medicines under the brand names Sovaldi and Harvoni, as well as seven others – have high list prices that state governments, the Department of Veterans Affairs and prison systems have struggled to afford, with Sovaldi and Harvoni specifically costing tens of thousands of dollars for a full treatment."

Dante

When sovaldi got released , i thought it was one of the biggest achievements of this decade of pharma industry. What would be an effective treatment for Hep C in your eyes/experience/knowledge ? Some older papers have used selenium, alpha lipoic acid but they just inhibit/slow viral replication but don't eradicate this like sovaldi/harvoni does.

yomama

When sovaldi got released , i thought it was one of the biggest achievements of this decade of pharma industry. What would be an effective treatment for Hep C in your eyes/experience/knowledge ? Some older papers have used selenium, alpha lipoic acid but they just inhibit/slow viral replication but don't eradicate this like sovaldi/harvoni does.

IMO there are a few points one should think of.
First, drugs as Sofosbuvir etc. are not the miracle drugs as most people think. These do not eradicate nothing and in fact must be used as adjuvant of the standard peginterferon + ribavirin treatment in spite of what they say, being the peginterferon the main ingredient and also being the peginterferon basically the same interferon produced in much lesser amount by your own body.
Second, nobody (official medicine first) still talk in terms of killing the Hep C virus, when you do a blood test they report the virus as detected or as "undectetable", most recent studies talk about how HIV/AIDS and Hep C "viruses" hide into the lymphatic system waiting for a better day. Lactoferrin and Monolaurin (Coconut Oil) are pretty effective against the virus.
Third, there are enough authoritative sources that do not agree at all about defining the Hep C as a "viral" disease. Not to mention that sometimes cirrhosis develops just after doing the above standard Hep C treatment, I mean because the drugs side effects, which sky-rocket the inflammation, not the "virus".

GAF

Is it possible that the creators of Harvoni merely figured out a way to defeat the blood tests for Hep C and get their coveted "undectable" result for $90k each.

Has anyone see any info that shows that doing this protocol extends lifespan?

colby

What do guys think of the theory that Hepatitis C or B is not contagious?

I finally found some info, I don't know if it's true or not but if it is true it really helps lower my fear of Hepatitis. Can you guys please read and let me know what you think? I'm copying and pasting the article I found on the internet below:

"If you are really interested please read:

www.virusmyth.com/aids/data2/ahrecom.htm

And yes, alcohol, cigarettes, air pollution, water pollution, heavy metal intoxications, malnutrition, junk food, the indiscriminate use of chemical drugs like antibiotics, etc....in other words TOXICITY and DEFICIENCIES, make it much easier for you to get the disease, yes! And then specially through transfusions. Here is a small extract of Dr. Lanka´s interview where he talks about it:

I also met Professor Alfred Hässig of Switzerland. He founded Swiss blood-donation system and was one of the first to take out products from the blood in order to make plasma to treat chronic disease. By becoming a colleague and a very close friend of his by now, I learned a great deal about the whole blood-producing industry and the criminal energy behind it. In March of 1996 in Berne [capital of Switzerland], Hässig, Kremer and I met for the first time.

It became clear, also, what's happening in the field of hepatitis. They are not dealing with a virus. Of course, there's a possibility to enrich certain kinds of proteins in blood products, which then cause severe autoimmune reactions, but only in very stressed-out people, never in non-stressed people. When they learned to take out these proteins from the blood products, or dilute them, there are not hepatic problems anymore. I learned this through him.

Zenger's: Are you saying that all forms of hepatitis are non- infectious, or just some of them?

Dr. Lanka: No, there's no such thing as infectious hepatitis.

Zenger's: So there are no hepatitis viruses, either.

Dr. Lanka: Yes. Hässig was always fighting to make sure that blood products were produced only on the basis of a small pool of donors who were young and healthy. The industry started to produce blood products on the basis of commercial blood donations, using a huge amount of blood samples, pooling them all together in a large pool, because then it was much cheaper to get out all the various kinds of products.

Zenger's: In this country, it gets even worse because blood donations are one of the principal ways homeless people have of staying alive. As a result, we're taking a lot of our blood supply from people in society who have the least healthy lifestyles.

Dr. Lanka: I know all the details. This what I'm going to tell you. Professor Hässig once met the person responsible for the industry to produce industrial blood products, and once, when this person was drunk while visiting the Fiji Islands after a conference in Australia, this person told Professor Hässig that soon they are going to smash the state-owned blood producing units, based on voluntary blood donations, because they're much cheaper producing their blood products because they go into the Third World countries, and they are already there in all the prisons of the dictators in South America and elsewhere.

When Hässig heard about this, he rang some of his friends -- and, of course, Hässig was the leading person in the blood business -- and at this time there were some non-corrupted people in the WHO (World Health Organization). So, in an emergency meeting, on short notice so the industry had not time to corrupt the members who decided on these issues, they decided that the position of the WHO would be that it isn't allowed to produce plasma in the Third World, because they would bleed them out.

Now they are bleeding out the poorest of the poor, and they are going to Mexico, near where we are sitting right now. In order to help the commercial blood products industry, the FDA [U.S. Food and Drug Administration] has approved that a single person may give up to 50 units of plasma a year. That means he may drop in two times a week to give blood and liver plasma. And an elephant wouldn't possibly survive that, right? So that's the background, and what they did when all that was in place was they changed the way they were treating hemophiliacs. It started in California.

Up to the year 1969 it was forbidden to give the clotting factors to hemophiliacs unless they had internal bleeding. If they would give them prophylactically, antibodies would be produced because these blood products are highly contaminated. In 1969 the industry started to convince some medical doctors -- and the first one was a woman doctor in California -- to treat hemophiliac patients prophylactically with those clotting factors, and this is how the industry made a lot of money. And, of course, the bodies of the se hemophiliacs made a lot of antibodies against those products, which had been foreseen. They've had to use higher doses of clotting factors ever since, in order to compete with those antibodies, so that those clotting factors actually work. They gradually have to increase the amount they are injecting.

This has been the biggest business in the blood industry ever since. Nobody's speaking about this, but that's why almost all hemophiliacs have come down with hepatitis. If you inject such a high amount of foreign proteins, and all the contaminants, then of course the liver, as the central metabolic organ, is stressed out, resulting in hepatic inflammations. A lot of hemophiliacs died from hepatitis, and it was blamed on nonexistent viruses."

nwo2012

I finally found some info, I don't know if it's true or not but if it is true it really helps lower my fear of Hepatitis. Can you guys please read and let me know what you think? I'm copying and pasting the article I found on the internet below:

And yes, alcohol, cigarettes, air pollution, water pollution, heavy metal intoxications, malnutrition, junk food, the indiscriminate use of chemical drugs like antibiotics, etc....in other words TOXICITY and DEFICIENCIES, make it much easier for you to get the disease, yes! And then specially through transfusions. Here is a small extract of Dr. Lanka´s interview where he talks about it:

I also met Professor Alfred Hässig of Switzerland. He founded Swiss blood-donation system and was one of the first to take out products from the blood in order to make plasma to treat chronic disease. By becoming a colleague and a very close friend of his by now, I learned a great deal about the whole blood-producing industry and the criminal energy behind it. In March of 1996 in Berne [capital of Switzerland], Hässig, Kremer and I met for the first time.

It became clear, also, what's happening in the field of hepatitis. They are not dealing with a virus. Of course, there's a possibility to enrich certain kinds of proteins in blood products, which then cause severe autoimmune reactions, but only in very stressed-out people, never in non-stressed people. When they learned to take out these proteins from the blood products, or dilute them, there are not hepatic problems anymore. I learned this through him.

Zenger's: Are you saying that all forms of hepatitis are non- infectious, or just some of them?

Dr. Lanka: Yes. Hässig was always fighting to make sure that blood products were produced only on the basis of a small pool of donors who were young and healthy. The industry started to produce blood products on the basis of commercial blood donations, using a huge amount of blood samples, pooling them all together in a large pool, because then it was much cheaper to get out all the various kinds of products.

Zenger's: In this country, it gets even worse because blood donations are one of the principal ways homeless people have of staying alive. As a result, we're taking a lot of our blood supply from people in society who have the least healthy lifestyles.

Dr. Lanka: I know all the details. This what I'm going to tell you. Professor Hässig once met the person responsible for the industry to produce industrial blood products, and once, when this person was drunk while visiting the Fiji Islands after a conference in Australia, this person told Professor Hässig that soon they are going to smash the state-owned blood producing units, based on voluntary blood donations, because they're much cheaper producing their blood products because they go into the Third World countries, and they are already there in all the prisons of the dictators in South America and elsewhere.

When Hässig heard about this, he rang some of his friends -- and, of course, Hässig was the leading person in the blood business -- and at this time there were some non-corrupted people in the WHO (World Health Organization). So, in an emergency meeting, on short notice so the industry had not time to corrupt the members who decided on these issues, they decided that the position of the WHO would be that it isn't allowed to produce plasma in the Third World, because they would bleed them out.

Now they are bleeding out the poorest of the poor, and they are going to Mexico, near where we are sitting right now. In order to help the commercial blood products industry, the FDA [U.S. Food and Drug Administration] has approved that a single person may give up to 50 units of plasma a year. That means he may drop in two times a week to give blood and liver plasma. And an elephant wouldn't possibly survive that, right? So that's the background, and what they did when all that was in place was they changed the way they were treating hemophiliacs. It started in California.

Up to the year 1969 it was forbidden to give the clotting factors to hemophiliacs unless they had internal bleeding. If they would give them prophylactically, antibodies would be produced because these blood products are highly contaminated. In 1969 the industry started to convince some medical doctors -- and the first one was a woman doctor in California -- to treat hemophiliac patients prophylactically with those clotting factors, and this is how the industry made a lot of money. And, of course, the bodies of the se hemophiliacs made a lot of antibodies against those products, which had been foreseen. They've had to use higher doses of clotting factors ever since, in order to compete with those antibodies, so that those clotting factors actually work. They gradually have to increase the amount they are injecting.

This has been the biggest business in the blood industry ever since. Nobody's speaking about this, but that's why almost all hemophiliacs have come down with hepatitis. If you inject such a high amount of foreign proteins, and all the contaminants, then of course the liver, as the central metabolic organ, is stressed out, resulting in hepatic inflammations. A lot of hemophiliacs died from hepatitis, and it was blamed on nonexistent viruses."

Never looked into B but Hep C as a virus is a pile of crap. It is nothing more than a marker of liver damage. Dont let that get in the way of making a fortune! I see those tubs of various meds to treat it, we are talking thousands of dollars per month per patient!

colby

Never looked into B but Hep C as a virus is a pile of crap. It is nothing more than a marker of liver damage. Dont let that get in the way of making a fortune! I see those tubs of various meds to treat it, we are talking thousands of dollars per month per patient!

Hey bro, I love this response as I have a really bad phobia of contracting Hep C or B accidentally, so are you saying it’s not contagious? I don’t have to fear catching it then because it’s not contagious?

Hey bro, I love this response as I have a really bad phobia of contracting Hep C or B accidentally, so are you saying it’s not contagious? I don’t have to fear catching it then because it’s not contagious?

Generic versions of those blockbusters antivirals are about 1000 usd in India for the whole treatment, air tickets+visa+hotel stay will cost you a grand more. I think your phobia could rest in peace knowing that its only 2000usd to treat it.

colby

Generic versions of those blockbusters antivirals are about 1000 usd in India for the whole treatment, air tickets+visa+hotel stay will cost you a grand more. I think your phobia could rest in peace knowing that its only 2000usd to treat it.

Thank you Methylene. I appreciate your response! Please don’t take this the wrong way but for some reason that doesn’t reassure me about my safety. I’m not worried about the cost or being able to get the treatment, it’s more about the fear of all the unknowns about what it does to your body and the having to rely on others to save me type thing with the medication. I would seriously be able to wipe out all fears of contracting Hep B OR C if it’s NOT contagious, as modern medicine says it’s contagious. I was getting slight euphoric hopes with some articles about how Hep C is NOT contagious. But I don’t know who to believe and how to know for sure because everyone else seems to think it’s contagious.

However, I think HIV has been debunked and I’m hoping Hep C might have the potential to be too. Are you saying you think it’s contagious Hep B and C? I’d just like to know your thoughts on it if you don’t mind.

nwo2012

Yes that is exactly what Im saying. HIV is similar bogus virus.

Kyle Bigman

If it's not contagious, how do we explain evidence of inter-familial transmission (same viral type)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If it's not contagious, how do we explain evidence of inter-familial transmission (same viral type)?

My comment is not specifically about the Hep family of viruses, of which I don't know much, but just because something is heritable does not mean it is of genetic or infectious origin. Children of people with diabetes II, obesity, PTSD, etc all have much higher vulnerability to developing these diseases as adults. If the transmission rate for a speific Hep virus matches the increased risk for those non-communicable diseases then it could be just increased vulnerability transferred epigenetically.

Kyle Bigman

My comment is not specifically about the Hep family of viruses, of which I don't know much, but just because something is heritable does not mean it is of genetic or infectious origin. Children of people with diabetes II, obesity, PTSD, etc all have much higher vulnerability to developing these diseases as adults. If the transmission rate for a speific Hep virus matches the increased risk for those non-communicable diseases then it could be just increased vulnerability transferred epigenetically.

I think I understand this. What I don't understand is the argument that Hep C is not contagious. If not contagious, how do you make sense of what appears to be spousal transmission if not that some genetic material from one person to another caused the stress response or disease?

Also how did this epidemic begin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think I understand this. What I don't understand is the argument that Hep C is not contagious. If not contagious, how do you make sense of what appears to be spousal transmission if not that some genetic material from one person to another caused the stress response or disease?

Also how did this epidemic begin?

The same way doctors/nurses working in cancer wards (and even other conditions like Alzheimer, PD, etc) having a higher chance of coming down with the disease. A sick person emits a "sickness field" and if your liver happens to be in a vulnerable state then your Hep partner may give you Hep as well. The viral particles of Hep are real but the same "transmission" has been observed with non-viral conditions like ALS, MS, etc. Check the recent thread on MS I posted. They caused MS in healthy mice by exposing them to CSF of mice with MS. They explicitly state that no pathogen was in the CSF. Same with the reverse effect demonstrated by the recent studies with parabiosis. Blood from younger/healthier mice made the older/sicker mice hop like youngsters again and reversed many biomarkers of aging/disease.
Not saying that this is how Hep transmission occurs, just giving examples of "transmission" being possible for many non-infectious states of BOTH disease and health (e.g. parabiosis).

teds

Forum Supporter
Can someone point me to the research showing that HIV isn’t transmitted via blood contact or showing that it’s not contagious? If we’re talking about a field of sickness and I’m not totally sure if that’s referring to energetic field (??).. would a condom then prevent that sickness field from being detrimental to the persons that has sexual or blood contact with a person with HIV?
Sorry but this is a news to me- I did a pubmed search with nothing helpful..

The same way doctors/nurses working in cancer wards (and even other conditions like Alzheimer, PD, etc) having a higher chance of coming down with the disease. A sick person emits a "sickness field" and if your liver happens to be in a vulnerable state then your Hep partner may give you Hep as well. The viral particles of Hep are real but the same "transmission" has been observed with non-viral conditions like ALS, MS, etc. Check the recent thread on MS I posted. They caused MS in healthy mice by exposing them to CSF of mice with MS. They explicitly state that no pathogen was in the CSF. Same with the reverse effect demonstrated by the recent studies with parabiosis. Blood from younger/healthier mice made the older/sicker mice hop like youngsters again and reversed many biomarkers of aging/disease.
Not saying that this is how Hep transmission occurs, just giving examples of "transmission" being possible for many non-infectious states of BOTH disease and health (e.g. parabiosis).

My anecdotal experience confirms this, I developed atopic dermatitis after dating a girl with atopic dermatitis. Perhaps it has a bacterial/viral origin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
would a condom then prevent that sickness field from being detrimental to the persons that has sexual or blood contact with a person with HIV?

No, a condom would not help. The sickness field spans EMF, chemical and even visual signals/mediators. Obviously, there are no studies on non-viral transmission of AIDS as the main theory is that HIV is the cause of AIDS and nobody would fund a study that tries to claim otherwise. It's like asking for money to check if tuberculosis is maybe NOT caused by the eponymous bacteria. Nobody would fund that, and even if it is somehow funded it will not be published. When this is the main dogma, this is what you go with.
I am sure you have heard of Dr. Duesberg and Dr. Lanka both of which provide serious evidence that HIV is not the direct cause of AIDS. The HIV discoverer himself, Dr. Luc Montagnier, is also of the same opinion. I don't know if that qualifies as sufficient evidence but I think there are serious doubts as to what actually causes AIDS, and Montagnier has repeatedly stated that he thinks HIV is harmless for most people and may only cause issues in severely compromised individuals but even in those he does not think AIDS is the result of HIV.
I posted several threads that endotoxin may be the real cause of "AIDS" (whatever that disease may be) and that the blood test for endotoxin predicts mortality of HIV-positive patients rather well.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/a-lab-test-for-endotoxin-exposure-and-its-role-in-hiv-aids.28235/
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/without-endotoxin-tlr4-an-hiv-infection-may-not-cause-aids.21751/
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/endotoxin-may-be-the-real-cause-of-aids.3893/

There is similar evidence about the Hep family of viruses - endotoxin is also involved in developing hepatitis. What role the Hep viruses play is basically unknown at this point. They may not even be a carrier of the disease at all.
Endotoxin is a component in the pathogenesis of chronic viral diseases
Biological and clinical significance of endotoxemia in the course of hepatitis C virus infection. - PubMed - NCBI

I say may because this has not been investigated at all. So far, all studies have assumed the virus is the cause of the disease and have proceeded accordingly. Similar to PUFA being essential. The virus may have a role but my guess is that it is minor. Similar to the herpes family of viruses, which pretty much all of us carry all our lives and they only cause severe issues for the immuno-compromised. Herpetic encephalitis can kill but is only seen in very old or people whose immune system has been wiped out by drugs (chemo for cancer, immunosuppressants for "autoimmune" conditions, etc).

So, if that is the case, then what significance does it have that you are exposed to a Hep viral particle? For all we know, just as with HIV, we may be getting exposed to it hundred if not thousands of times throughout out lives. Whether a disease develops or not is a multifactorial cause and reducing it simply to being a carrier of a specific virus is ludicrous IMO. If you live in the US, you may have noticed the commercials for the Hep C drug that supposedly "cures" the disease. They state in all of these ads that you can have the Hep C virus for decades and it is sitting "dormant and ready to strike". Lol, if that is not disease-mongering then I don't know what is. The evil virus ready to strike, so we better strike first. What absolute load of bullcrap. It would have been funny if it was not so sad and expensive for the people undergoing those treatments.
Anyways, if the virus can sit there for decades then it means for most people it is not a problem most of the time. Something happens in order to develop full blown hepatitis and that should be the focus of the research - i.e. what is that change that triggers the disease. Not some stupid viral particle that has been shown to NOT cause hepatitis when injected in healthy animals. I bet that trigger is some severe acute stress like a loss of a loved one, sudden loss of financial security in old age, bad health diagnosis (e.g. the very diagnosis of the Hep), etc. As the ad says, full blown hepatitis develops in older age, and that is why that company targeted the Boomers. So, it is those vulnerable people that mostly develop Hep C, not the general population. Otherwise, they would have marketed it to everybody, but they don't.
Oh well, the more you learn about "named diseases" the more you learn the crime history of this world. At best, we know nothing about "viral" disease. At worst, we are being scammed left and right and even killed by ignorance/malice.

Kyle Bigman

Regarding AIDS, it could be the HIV is actually an effect, not a cause.

I was speculating as to why homosexuals tend to acquire AIDS more than heterosexuals. It's an interesting question if we start to take into account alternative theories of the etiology of AIDS (not a sexually transmitted pathway). Perhaps there is something about the behavioral and/or genetic composition of homosexual persons. Or perhaps something in the environment, which made them prone to this behavior, also subsequently leads to immunodeficiency.

The fact that my speculation will likely be denounced as "stigmatization" actually makes me more suspicious. When we say that discussing a topic is stigma, we are positing something like a thought-crime. It is not OK to think that homosexuality is environmental and perhaps toxicological in nature, as is AIDS. But alternative theories should be discussed.

teds

Forum Supporter
@Kyle Bigman “Perhaps there is something about the behavioral and/or genetic composition of homosexual persons. Or perhaps something in the environment, which made them prone to this behavior...”

stigma:
“A mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person.“

Please explain how referring to the “behaviour” of homosexual people in he context of causing them to be more prone to cot exacting AIDS is not a stigma. What do you mean by their “behaviour” exactly?

teds

Forum Supporter
. It is not OK to think that homosexuality is environmental and perhaps toxicological in nature, as is AIDS. But alternative theories should be discussed.

I have to ask if you’ve broadly asked if heterosexuality, bisexuality etc is also maybe toxicological in nature?