Bloated Belly

KetoDiesel

The reason I ask is due to the probable thryoid down regulation without any carbs.

I have been on a keto diet for over 20 yrs, on thyroid for longer I can't say I notice issues one way or the other. I also throw in some high carb LOW fat days from time to time to keep things in check (hormones).

I then started to do more of a strict carnivore a month ago and within 1 week I dropped 8lbs which is wild. I assume water; cortisol/inflammation.

My macros are the same but the food I eat is simple: meat and water, vs keto which was meat, cheese, nuts, some dairy, some veggies, whey protein. I now use grass fed beef protein isolate no more whey.

I have not felt this good and strong etc in ages.

Sobieski

I have been on a keto diet for over 20 yrs, on thyroid for longer I can't say I notice issues one way or the other. I also throw in some high carb LOW fat days from time to time to keep things in check (hormones).

I then started to do more of a strict carnivore a month ago and within 1 week I dropped 8lbs which is wild. I assume water; cortisol/inflammation.

My macros are the same but the food I eat is simple: meat and water, vs keto which was meat, cheese, nuts, some dairy, some veggies, whey protein. I now use grass fed beef protein isolate no more whey.

I have not felt this good and strong etc in ages.

Interesting, well I'm glad it's bringing you positive results. What prompted you to try this? I'd be interested to see how you get on with this diet, as it's always possible that your energy at the moment is tress hormone induced. What are your macros out of interest?

KetoDiesel

Interesting, well I'm glad it's bringing you positive results. What prompted you to try this? I'd be interested to see how you get on with this diet, as it's always possible that your energy at the moment is tress hormone induced. What are your macros out of interest?

I was dieting for a while and progress stalled for 6 weeks, I felt soft/watery. I never stall, I am a pro with diet/fitness so I was curious what was going on.

I know my body as I am precise and doing this for ages so I assumed I was having some cortisol, water issues maybe even adaptive thermogenesis. Caloric restriction, cardio (too much) etc are a recipe for this. So when I did this it was like wow what a difference and I am sticking with it for a bit.

Macros:

200-250 grams protein.
50-150grams of fat ( I vary which is great for easily creating a deficit at the end of the week)
0 carbs (vs under 30gms of carbs on keto)

So it is "zero-ish" carbs as I know there are trace amounts in bacon and pepperoni etc even a tad bit in the beef protein isolate.

I never liked veggies and hardly ate them so this was not hard for me to do. I do love cheese and nuts but I don't miss them any more.

Cirion

I think for me, fats were actually the culprit. Mixing fats and carbs make me really sluggish. Probably because my glucose utilization is already less than optimal, and adding FFA's to the mix screws it up. I'm going higher protein / high carb / low fat and now I seem to be slowly dropping the bloat. Liquids I thought were the problem, but ironically enough, over the weekend I drank more liquid than ever and actually lost weight.

D

danishispsychic

3 or 4 days on the Master Cleanse/Salt Water Flush - a series of colonics/coffee enema, probiotics + enzymes after. Epsom Salt baths - strong ones.

theLaw

200-250 grams protein.
50-150grams of fat ( I vary which is great for easily creating a deficit at the end of the week)
0 carbs (vs under 30gms of carbs on keto)

So it is "zero-ish" carbs as I know there are trace amounts in bacon and pepperoni etc even a tad bit in the beef protein isolate.

So how much of this is pufa?

Baltazar

If you drink milk
Stop it

Eat some Greek yogurt with and rice and meat

Milk doesn't suit anyone

Increase magnesium as more as you can

I eat ton of Greek yogurt
I eat about 3 pound Greek yogurt a day
With a pound with ground Chuck

Stay away from liquid diets
Eat your calories

theLaw

Just a reminder, this forum has a great "ignore" feature for those interested in keeping trolls at bay.

Simply click on the Members tab at the top left, then type the members name into the search box (top right), then choose ignore on that member's page (top right).

Cheers!:D

T

tca300

what your gonna do with your digestion to heal it? you cant just go with pure milk diet for the rest of your life , or can you?
I eat liver, eggs, and oysters as well. I have to eat like this because salicylates make me bleed internally, cause massive hypoglycemia, dizziness, and anyphalaxis or its pseudo version. I plan on eating this way indefinitely for the reasons above and since its the only diet that has cured my heart problems that started when I was a young child.

raypeatclips

I eat liver, eggs, and oysters as well. I have to eat like this because salicylates make me bleed internally, cause massive hypoglycemia, dizziness, and anyphalaxis or its pseudo version. I plan on eating this way indefinitely for the reasons above and since its the only diet that has cured my heart problems that started when I was a young child.

Do you ever wonder if a severely restricted diet caused your issues? Whenever I ate strict I reacted negatively to eating "normal, healthy" foods, which I had eaten before being strict with diet. When I am less strict with my diet, I can tolerate much more.

T

tca300

Do you ever wonder if a severely restricted diet caused your issues? Whenever I ate strict I reacted negatively to eating "normal, healthy" foods, which I had eaten before being strict with diet. When I am less strict with my diet, I can tolerate much more.
Years back when I ate whatever I wanted, I felt as if I had a gut of steel and could eat anything. The issue was heart problems developed, hair loss in the teenage years, temps < 96°F, terrible allergies, and the list goes on. Something had to change, and as I see it, many things on the planet aren't good for consumption, most plants have mechanisms of harming things that try to eat them, which undoubtedly was causative in my health degeneration. Eating foods that dont harbor various harmful substances is what I think is best for me, and my rapid healthy recovery, but more importantly experiencing a level of health I dont every remember having before in my life suggests that Im doing right by myself.

theLaw

Years back when I ate whatever I wanted, I felt as if I had a gut of steel and could eat anything. The issue was heart problems developed, hair loss in the teenage years, temps < 96°F, terrible allergies, and the list goes on. Something had to change, and as I see it, many things on the planet aren't good for consumption, most plants have mechanisms of harming things that try to eat them, which undoubtedly was causative in my health degeneration. Eating foods that dont harbor various harmful substances is what I think is best for me, and my rapid healthy recovery, but more importantly experiencing a level of health I dont every remember having before in my life suggests that Im doing right by myself.

Have you tried anything to clean out the liver (high-dose caffeine/k2/high-dose aspirin/etc)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals