Blender Coffee with Egg, including variations

bookshelf

I looked for anything similar in the posts and didn't come across it, so I thought I'd share one of the many ways I enjoy my coffee. I hope you try this version and like it as much I do!

Basic Recipe:
Hot coffee, brewed to your liking 1-1 1/2 cups
1 generous pat of butter or equivalent of high quality bacon fat
Maple syrup or sugar, to taste (suggested about 1TB per 8 oz.)
Dash of salt
1 raw egg

Variations/Add-ins (any one or a combination of):
1/2 - 1 eggshell
Splash of MCT or dab of coconut oil
Serving of collagen
Add cocoa to mix for a mocha coffee flavor
Vanilla or Almond extract, to taste
Dash of cinnamon/sugar and/or additional salt for garnish

Using a high powered blender (immersion or traditional), place all ingredients except the egg (and shell, if using) into blending container. Right before you begin to blend it, crack the egg into the mixture and drop in 1/2 or all of the eggshell (if using). Blend on highest setting until completely mixed and frothy. Don't put the egg in too soon or you'll either end up with egg-drop-coffee or a poached egg floating in your brew. Pour into large mug, top with a sprinkle of cinnamon/sugar and/or salt, if desired.

This makes a smooth and creamy cup that can be very filling (depending on what you add, such as collagen) and easily multiplies. A good rule of thumb is one egg per cup of coffee. The rest is a matter of preference.

If you opt for bacon fat, consider placing a candied bacon slice in the mug when serving. It's a whole new take on bacon and eggs, eh?

How do you enjoy your coffee?

Cheers! :cheers

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals