Bleeding Gums Mystery

member11823

Hello fellas,

Please help me to solve this puzzle. I have bleeding gums for years now. I've tried almost anything. Recently I'm taking a lot of supplements: vitamin d, c, k, a, b's, NAC (500mg/d), Calcium d-Glucarate (500mg/d), Glycine, Mg, Ca, Zn, Copper, Selenium (200mcg per week), Boron.
I'm using Sonicare toothbrush by Philips which is reducing bleeding at minimum (actually the most effective thing I've tried), dental floss after each meal (it works), copper tongue scrapper.

I've found that excess sugar increases the bleeding as much as drinking coffee. I've tried vit C megadoses for extended period of time. Hydrogen peroxide rinses, Salt rinses, Listerine, Some fancy mouthwashes, Urine Rinses did nothing at all. Something I've noticed is that stress make things worsen. I've tried some adaptogens without success.

I need your help.

The last thing that came to mind is my Estrogen levels. I have pretty high testosterone (probably DHT is even higher), bald guy, hairy chest. I've also developped varicocele after taking cold showers daily for 2 years straight which is an indication of higher estrogen?

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

ExCarniv

You take a lot of supplements and not the most important, magnesium.

For the bleed, go to see a dentist.

gabys225

There's a couple of good threads on this already, have a look around. What worked for me was alternating salt rinses and distilled water with GSE.

I had to literally live with either salt or GSE water in my mouth, I was near constantly rinsing. In about 2 weeks, this paid off. Also check out the work of Dr. Ellie, she's a push in the right direction.

ExCarniv

There's a couple of good threads on this already, have a look around. What worked for me was alternating salt rinses and distilled water with GSE.

I had to literally live with either salt or GSE water in my mouth, I was near constantly rinsing. In about 2 weeks, this paid off. Also check out the work of Dr. Ellie, she's a push in the right direction.

What's GSE?

how much K2 are you taking?

K2 MK4 can fix bleeding gums in some cases.

Bleeding gums are also a sign of infection in the teeth. That can be dealt with by getting a bent needle blunt syringe and injecting a diluted hydrogen peroxide and salt and water mixture into the periodontal pockets. Works awesomely.

OP
M

member11823

I've tried Mk4 at 5mg per day for few month. Usually I'm taking Super K by LE.

I'm pretty much PHD with more carbs because of training.

Try Co-Enzyme Q10 and vitamin C. Worked for both a friend and myself.

Could you be more specific? Which product have you been using and for how long period of time?

Serene

Hi there. My suggestion is a water pik. Literally the best thing I have ever bought. You can use GSE in there, betadine, or even bleach (yes I know bleach in your mouth sounds bad). Or just some salt. I have tried them all. My bleeding gums have improved a lot. I am also thinking of trying what estatch hamster suggested with a syringe and cannula under the gums. Vitamin K makes my gums bleed more and makes my teeth "move". I do agree with Mag - glycinate works great for me.

I found this great article which is where I got the suggestions from. They say that gum bleeding is an infection you got from someone, and your spouse may need to be treated at the same time. They mention antibiotics (amoxi and flagyl concurrently). Tom Haws: ANTIMICROBIAL PERIODONTAL THERAPY IN GENERAL DENTISTRY by Michael Donahue, RDH, BA

Last edited:
OP
M

member11823

Which waterpik do you recommend? Could you post a link or send it to me via PM?

I'm already taking a lot of glycinte (aprox. 7.5g per day), is magnesium citrate the same or the absorption is less that glycinate?
The the that improved a lot the situation was Philips Sonicare, the most basic one. It's almost non-existing but it's still there.

ddjd

b1, folate, vit c, tend to fix all my gum issues - but the main thing that helps is the b1 thiamine hcl

Serene

Heres the water pik
https://www.amazon.com/Waterpik-Flo...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

I am using it twice daily. Salt in the morning (soothing to tissues) and GSE at night. Bleach 1x a week (but not always). I will tell you the bleach burns a little. Apparently the betadine specifically kills the bacteria responsible for tooth decay. Not sure about that though. Dentists apply it under the gums with a cannula after deep cleaning.

Magnesium glycinate helps my gums. Start slow - it can cause bathroom issues. :)

I just started rinsing my mouth with Ca Carbonate powder mixed with water. Got the idea from Calcium chip therapy. I think theres a thread on here too. Treating Gum Infection – Calcium Chip Therapy – Calcium Therapy Institute

6g of Vit C daily did not help my gums. Maybe I need more?

Serene

b1, folate, vit c, tend to fix all my gum issues - but the main thing that helps is the b1 thiamine hcl
What doses of B1 and C do you take?

sebastian_r

I've found that excess sugar increases the bleeding as much as drinking coffee.

Eat less sugar, drink less coffee.
On a serious note, try going without acidic fruits, soda, fruit juice, added sugar and coffee for some time and see if it gets better.

Last edited:

Beata

You need to take an adequate amount of vitamin C. The optimal dose is the one that is just a little less from the dose that causes diarrhoea.

OP
M

member11823

Ok. Calcium glycinate used to fix my bleeding gums (calcium citrate didn't). I feel dehydration, headache and nausea after taking citrate at 400 mg per day.

jaminhealth

GSE is an anti viral and a liquid.

Grape Seed Extract, and many confuse it with GSE above, but I have been taking Grape Seed Extract capsules for close to 25 yrs....no bleeding gums here. No dental visits now for 10 yrs as I've mentioned in my recent thread above.

My gums are tight, pink and healthy and I'm 81. Change your sugar intake too.

Dave Clark

GSE is an anti viral and a liquid.

Grape Seed Extract, and many confuse it with GSE above, but I have been taking Grape Seed Extract capsules for close to 25 yrs....no bleeding gums here. No dental visits now for 10 yrs as I've mentioned in my recent thread above.

My gums are tight, pink and healthy and I'm 81. Change your sugar intake too.
That is very interesting. I wonder if you have to watch what else you are taking, because I read (and I currently can't recall which ones) that certain other nutrients shouldn't be used with grape seed extract due to the combinations thinning the blood too much. I think systemic enzymes were one, like bromelain and serapeptase, etc., if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom