Blackseed Oil Reverses Hypothyroidism?

Check this out.

Can Nigella Sativa Oil (NSO) Reverse Hypothyroid Status Induced by PTU in Rat? Biochemical and Histological Studies

[Nigella
sativa increased serum triiodothyronine thyroxin and decreased TSH. ... Nigella sativa
oil has antioxidant effect that could ameliorate PTU induced oxidative stress and damage of thyroid follicles so could be considered to have a significant therapeutic role in hypothyroid disease.]

The effects of Nigella sativa L. ethanolic extract on thyroid function in normal and alloxan-induced diabetic rats.

[Results: NSE induced a significant increase in the T 3 serum concentration on both day 7 th and 14 th in the diabetic rats and increase T 4 serum concentration on day 14 th in the normal rats. Conclusions: The results revealed that daily oral administration of Nigella sativa L. ethanolic extract (1 g/kg Bwt.) for 14 days significantly increased the serum concentration of T 4 in the normal Wistar albino rats. On the other hand the results revealed that treatment returned the serum concentration of T 3 to the normal level in the Alloxan-induced diabetic rats.]

EFFECT OF SUPPLEMENTATION WITH NIGELLA SATIVA SEEDS ON SOME BLOOD METABOLITES AND REPRODUCTIVE PERFORMANCE OF OSSIMI MALE LAMBS

[ See Table(1)
Meanwhile, both hormones were significantly higher in treatment groups than control group at all ages with no significant differences in - between. Thyroxin showed higher response to treatment with Nigella Sativa seeds than triiodothyronine.]

I might get some and try it. Looks like you'd only need to take about a teaspoon per day, shouldn't be too harmful in the short run PUFA-wise.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Yeah I took some for a few days, didn't seem to do much. Tastes horrible BTW. :D

Nicole

I absolutely love the taste, I crave it! This isn't a drug. Like anything from food you have to take it for a period of time, by 3 months you'd know for sure. I notice a slight difference in blood sugar balancing, skin and inflammation... it's a slow adjustment after a week or two... but nervous about the PUFAS from Ray Peat's perspectives.

papaya

I absolutely love the taste, I crave it! This isn't a drug. Like anything from food you have to take it for a period of time, by 3 months you'd know for sure. I notice a slight difference in blood sugar balancing, skin and inflammation... it's a slow adjustment after a week or two... but nervous about the PUFAS from Ray Peat's perspectives.
maybe this could be a peat approved seed??? how do u eat them? i first tried them in a sesame candy that i used to get from the health food store & i used to crave them. i researched the black seeds & bought a container but ended up barely using them. there was a very small amount mixed in with the sesame.

Nicole

Hi Papaya! I should have clarified, I take the Activations brand of Black Cumin Seed Oil. It's expensive as a Canadian and I usually go through the bottle, stop for a while, and when I bring it back always feel a slight improvement. I only take a tsp either first thing in the morning or before bed :) I googled Ray Peat and Black Cumin Seed and he seemed to feel it had some good qualities with the Thymolquinons, which I know nothing about.

paymanz

Elias

I asked peat about black seeds,and he said there is some good suff in the oil but other things in seeds may be allergeni .

Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

But oil is full of PUFA.

Everywhere I look there is good reviews about black seeds.
Here is another study done on humans:
The effects of Nigella sativa on thyroid function, serum Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) – 1, Nesfatin-1 and anthropometric features in patients with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis: a randomized controlled trial

Ismail

Anyone still using Black seed or black seed oil here? If so, how are you getting on with it etc.? Thank you

liam183

The only thing I noticed was decreased frequency of sickness and less allergies, both of which I was able to maintain after stopping it by improving my lifestyle and diet. Overall, it can help if your lifestyle is meh, but for healthy individuals it could be negligible

Ismail

The only thing I noticed was decreased frequency of sickness and less allergies, both of which I was able to maintain after stopping it by improving my lifestyle and diet. Overall, it can help if your lifestyle is meh, but for healthy individuals it could be negligible
Thank you