Black Cumin Seed And Its Amazing Compound, Thymoquinone

TheReds

My for my lack of knowledge on this topic. Can you educate me on what snus is?
Tobaco under the lip. We here in the nordic countrys uses it broadly. I have used it since i was 15 years, now im 43.

Snuff products are capable of rapidly delivering high doses of nicotine, which can lead to dependence. Long-term use of snuff can lead to a number of adverse health effects including oral cancers, cardiovascular diseases, and gingival diseases. For these reasons, it is important that the public health community considers oral snuff use as a burden on public health in the same way that cigarette smoking is recognised

Jam

My for my lack of knowledge on this topic. Can you educate me on what snus is?
Snus is pasteurized tobacco, mostly produced in Sweden, that is used under the upper lip. Modern products are extremely clean and are not known to cause cancer, as can be gleaned in the scientific literature.

J.R.K

Tobaco under the lip. We here in the nordic countrys uses it broadly. I have used it since i was 15 years, now im 43.

Snuff products are capable of rapidly delivering high doses of nicotine, which can lead to dependence. Long-term use of snuff can lead to a number of adverse health effects including oral cancers, cardiovascular diseases, and gingival diseases. For these reasons, it is important that the public health community considers oral snuff use as a burden on public health in the same way that cigarette smoking is recognised
Thank you @TheReds! Yes I know of snuff and was aware of the dangers to health we are similar to you in Canada. The word snus threw me and I did not click in, but now I do remember it sometimes being called snus rather than snuff.
I believe the premise for its danger is based upon it being an extremely fine mesh powder, possibly micronized in some levels.
But I do recall mention of some benefits of nicotine on health somewhere along the lines of half a cigarette.

BTCMom

I find black cumin, especially thymoquinone (probably because it's a quinone), very interesting. There are quite a few interesting testimonies on this forum from people using black cumin.

After using it myself I decided to write an article on it:
Black cumin seed and its amazing compound, Thymoquinone » MENELITE

Have you used black cumin before? If so, what's been your experience?
Ha! I just found this after replying to a different thread. I look forward to reading it.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Ha! I just found this after replying to a different thread. I look forward to reading it.
Just linked it in the other one as well, before reading this one. :)

Julian

Are you guys not concerned with the high PUFA content of this substance?

Does the seed powder contain as much PUFA as the oil?

B

Braveheart

Thanks, It has been added to the FLCCC Ivermectin Protocol !! ....

B

Braveheart

Am now using the seed/honey combo for my daughter's H-Pylori...she has it bad, and already feeling better after 2 days....

"Due to its miraculous power of healing, N. sativa has got the place among the top ranked evidence based herbal medicines. This is also revealed that most of the therapeutic properties of this plant are due to the presence of thymoquinone which is major bioactive component of the essential oil. Antibacterial activity of N. sativa against and triple therapy in eradication of Helicobacter Pylori in patients with non-ulcer dyspepsia was carried out. It was showed that N. sativa seeds possess clinically useful anti H. pylori activity, comparable to triple therapy"

"The anti-H. pylori effect of N. sativa was shown in a clinical trial in Saudi Arabia in 2010 and N. sativa seeds ***(2 g/day for 14 days) were concluded to possess clinically useful anti-H. pylori activity, comparable to 14 days of triple therapy (amoxicillin, clarithromycin, omeprazole) (19)"

"Black seed has many proven benefits including successfully fighting H. pylori infections. Research from 2010 found that giving H. pylori patients ***two grams of ground black seeds daily along with omeprazole (an acid blocker) was more effective at treating H. pylori than the standard conventional “triple therapy” of an acid blocker plus two different antibiotics. Doses of black seed at one or three grams daily were less effective. The study concludes that “N. sativa seeds possess clinically useful anti-H. pylori activity, comparable to triple therapy.” Black seeds also have acid reducing and gastro-protective abilities."

"**FOR COVID Randomized patients received either a combination of 1 gm/kg/day of honey and 80 mg/kg/day of Nigella sativa"

Inaut

@haidut ever thought about making a thymoquinone product??? i'd be a buyer

Last edited:

Makrosky

Snus is pasteurized tobacco, mostly produced in Sweden, that is used under the upper lip. Modern products are extremely clean and are not known to cause cancer, as can be gleaned in the scientific literature.
Yes. Why would oral tobacco cause cancer? There are papers discussing that lung cancer from tobacco smoking might be due to small amounts of radioactive atoms on it. Or from the aflatoxins. But this can happen also on many other plants that are ingested regularly I guess? Corn for instance. So it is not the tobacco per se.

In fact tobacco is one of the most powerful medicines known to human kind.

Why do you mention pasteurized btw? Is it because of the concern over aflatoxins being the carcinogenic part of tobacco?

Btw I also use snus from time to time. The thing is super strong, I have to put a timer on my watch to remove it from my mouth after 3-4 mins otherwise the nicotine kick is equivalent to smoking 5 or 6 cigarrettes back to back. I don't understand how people can leave the thing there for hours. Maybe 80% of the compounds are extracted after the first minutes.

Last edited:

Ismail

Chris Masterjohn recommends it for COVID-19 treatment as well, which is how I first learned of it.
Masterjohn recommends black seed? If so, can you direct me to where he says this please, I'd be really interested to hear his thoughts etc.

Thanks ?

Makrosky

Are you guys not concerned with the high PUFA content of this substance?

Does the seed powder contain as much PUFA as the oil?
Absolutely not. Generally the problematic PUFA is the one coming from refined oils or if ingested in high quantities. Other naturally occuring PUFA generally come with enough Vit E to prevent the peroxidation and/or many other compounds/nutrients that make it worth (e.g. egg yolks, EVOO, etc.). In the case of black cumin the pros outweight the cons by far.

Inaut

Absolutely not. Generally the problematic PUFA is the one coming from refined oils or if ingested in high quantities. Other naturally occuring PUFA generally come with enough Vit E to prevent de peroxidation and/or many other compounds/nutrients that make it worth (e.g. egg yolks, EVOO, etc.). In the case of black cumin the pros outweight the cons by far.
This is how i view it as well

Makrosky

Tried half a teaspoon this morning with breakfast and it it essentially gave me the same feeling as 5mcg or so of T3 (warm hands, clear thinking). Played golf after and felt very calm and level headed.

Did some digging and found this study The effects of Nigella sativa on thyroid function, serum Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) – 1, Nesfatin-1 and anthropometric features in patients with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis: a randomized controlled trial
What product are you using mate?

GenericName86

I've been taking the powder extract from Nootropics depot and I can feel the pro thyroid effects. I might try the oil once this runs out just to see if I notice any differences.

Sefton10

What product are you using mate?
This is the one I have. I'm pretty inconsistent with it to be fair, as I keep wondering about the PUFA given it's a refined oil.

1645450496589.png