Black Cumin Seed And Its Amazing Compound, Thymoquinone

Peater Piper

Masterjohn recommends black seed? If so, can you direct me to where he says this please, I'd be really interested to hear his thoughts etc.

Thanks ?
It's in his food and supplement guide and he based his recommendation on the results of three studies.

Attachments

• Nigella Sativa 2.png
    Nigella Sativa 2.png
    20 KB · Views: 90
  • Nigella Sativa 1.png
    Nigella Sativa 1.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 92

Peater Piper

Is his food and supplement guide something which is available for free?
It's not, or I would have happily shared the entire thing. I paid for it mid-2020, and he still updates it, but a lot of the information is commonly recommended now, though it can still be worth paying for if you want sources for all of the studies and exact dosages. Bolus vitamin D in the first few days, zinc, quercetin phytosome, vitamins K2, A, and E, fish oil (I avoided this obviously), black seed oil, melatonin, glutathione (preferred over NAC, not sure I agree with him here), arginine if lungs become affected, cleansing the nose with povidone iodine or iota carrageenan and cleansing the mouth with povidone iodine or listerine to reduce viral load. One thing he's big on is zinc lozenges early and often, every two hours or even more frequently on the first day if they seem to be helping. He recommends a specific brand, LE Enhanced Zinc. I used them and believe they worked. Everything is intended to be easily obtainable, he doesn't discuss hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin at all. Also, nothing about serotonin antagonism or anti-histamines (though quercetin sort of works like an anti-histamine and mast cell stabilizer), nothing about aspirin.

Ismail

It's not, or I would have happily shared the entire thing. I paid for it mid-2020, and he still updates it, but a lot of the information is commonly recommended now, though it can still be worth paying for if you want sources for all of the studies and exact dosages. Bolus vitamin D in the first few days, zinc, quercetin phytosome, vitamins K2, A, and E, fish oil (I avoided this obviously), black seed oil, melatonin, glutathione (preferred over NAC, not sure I agree with him here), arginine if lungs become affected, cleansing the nose with povidone iodine or iota carrageenan and cleansing the mouth with povidone iodine or listerine to reduce viral load. One thing he's big on is zinc lozenges early and often, every two hours or even more frequently on the first day if they seem to be helping. He recommends a specific brand, LE Enhanced Zinc. I used them and believe they worked. Everything is intended to be easily obtainable, he doesn't discuss hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin at all. Also, nothing about serotonin antagonism or anti-histamines (though quercetin sort of works like an anti-histamine and mast cell stabilizer), nothing about aspirin.

Thank you ever so much, that’s very kind of you ?

Waynish

Haidut won't see it because of Peat's recommendation, but loads of people get awesome results from black cumin seed oil - what if we want to try it without the unsaturated fat? I don't see why not to have to pure thymoquinone extracted from black cumin seed oil... I'd do a group order if anyone knows how...

Mauritio

"The BCS extract at different doses (400-100 mg/kg) showed a dose-dependent improvement tendency in high-fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), hyperlipidemia, and diabetic nephropathy compared to the metformin (250 mg/kg). In particular, BCS extract at a dose of 200 mg/kg significantly inhibited the HFD-induced metabolic conditions. The oral administration of BCS extract (200 mg/kg) significantly inhibited the oxidative stress through lipid peroxidation, normalized the activity of sugar metabolism-related enzymes and the expression of genes involved in fat metabolism, and inhibited insulin resistance through glucose and fat metabolism by regulating the 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) expression."

- Efficacy Confirmation Test of Black Cumin ( Nigella sativa L.) Seeds Extract Using a High-Fat Diet Mouse Model - PubMed

FitnessMike

Haidut won't see it because of Peat's recommendation, but loads of people get awesome results from black cumin seed oil - what if we want to try it without the unsaturated fat? I don't see why not to have to pure thymoquinone extracted from black cumin seed oil... I'd do a group order if anyone knows how...
fam, there is extract at nootropicdepo

Mauritio

Did anybody notice any low DHT symptoms with black cumin ?
It seems to be related to the sterol content of black cumin seeds. They seem to be potent 5alpha reductase inhibitors:

"α-sitosterol is a major sterol, which accounts for 44% and 54% of the total sterols in Tunisian and Iranian varieties of black seed oils respectively, followed by stigmasterol (6.57-20.92% of total sterols)[15]–[17]."

"Therefore, it can be concluded that stigmasterol might be the best inhibitor. This inhibitor is suggested as the new choice for further investigations in this field. In the second rank, β-sitosterol was placed, with -10.1 kcal/mol. In the interaction site of β-sitosterol, 13 amino acid residues were detected (Figure 3C). The high energy value of this inhibitor showed the possible potential of this component to inhibit 5AR1."

- Identification of Beta-Sitosterol and Stigmasterol as Possible Inhibitors of 5 Alpha-Reductase 1: An In-Silico Study

Last edited:
@Mauritio It occurs to me that lanolin could also be negative on DHT?

Mauritio

@Mauritio It occurs to me that lanolin could also be negative on DHT?
That question is pretty vague , so a little more detail would be appreciated if you want someone to properly answer your question. For example why that would occur to you ...

Mauritio

The DHT was still higher than the control group. It would be good if they could have given the control group black cumin as well to see if it lowered DHT as well.
But the control group didnt receive Testosterone injections...Thats at least how interpreted it.

"Simultaneously, group 1, as negative controls, were administered with normal saline alone,..."

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
But the control group didnt receive Testosterone injections...Thats at least how interpreted it.

"Simultaneously, group 1, as negative controls, were administered with normal saline alone,..."
It seems like fig 4 is DHT and fig 5 is PSA. They must have accidentally named it wrong.
Regardless, they induced BPH with topical testosterone. Then after they got BPH, they switched to injection. These animal studies don't make much sense. I would like to see how black cumin affects DHT in humans at the right dose.
Also, they gave the animals black cumin oil, which contains a fair amount of PUFA and we know that PUFAs inhibit 5AR. I think if you were to get a thymoquinone extract, it will be better.
Also, a lot of these compounds that lower DHT in animals with testosterone-induced BPH, only lower DHT to normal levels.

Mauritio

It seems like fig 4 is DHT and fig 5 is PSA. They must have accidentally named it wrong.
Regardless, they induced BPH with topical testosterone. Then after they got BPH, they switched to injection. These animal studies don't make much sense. I would like to see how black cumin affects DHT in humans at the right dose.
Also, they gave the animals black cumin oil, which contains a fair amount of PUFA and we know that PUFAs inhibit 5AR. I think if you were to get a thymoquinone extract, it will be better.
Also, a lot of these compounds that lower DHT in animals with testosterone-induced BPH, only lower DHT to normal levels.
You might be right! Its not the first time I see these minor ,but not insignificant , flaws in studies. That happens more often than you would think.
If you are right, the effect on DHT is negligible, even on the higher dose, which is around 10g for a human.

Maybe this study is the reason for many people freaking out about crushing their DHT when taking black cumin on reddit.

Yes even small amounts of PUFA can lower 5AR, so comparing a pure thymoquinone supplement to black cumin would be interesting in terms of effects.

FitnessMike

is this link works for you guys?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals