Black ant extract, ecdysterone, and Turkesterone

Dr. B

has Dr Peat given his thoughts on any of these?

it seems gross eating black ant powder even in capsule form. but apparently its one of the highest natural sources of zinc and also has ecdysterone

Turkesterone, one article says its an "estrogen b receptor agonist"... yet theres reviews claiming it caused muscle growth

@Hans have you heard of these supplements/hormones

Hans

Forum Supporter
has Dr Peat given his thoughts on any of these?

it seems gross eating black ant powder even in capsule form. but apparently its one of the highest natural sources of zinc and also has ecdysterone

Turkesterone, one article says its an "estrogen b receptor agonist"... yet theres reviews claiming it caused muscle growth

@Hans have you heard of these supplements/hormones
Black ant extract is actually a very poor source of zinc, at least according to the COA provided by lostempireherbs.
Some people rave about Turkesterone, but I think it's understudied. It might help, but you might not even notice much if your diet, lifestyle and training are on point.

OP
D

Dr. B

Black ant extract is actually a very poor source of zinc, at least according to the COA provided by lostempireherbs.
Some people rave about Turkesterone, but I think it's understudied. It might help, but you might not even notice much if your diet, lifestyle and training are on point.
the black ant apparently is a good source of ecdysterone which i am still looking into
btw, theres a few products selling policosanol directly, like swanson. also looking into those

scoobydoo

It also is an estrogen receptor agonist isn’t it? Wouldn’t that potentially be problematic?

Hans

Forum Supporter
It also is an estrogen receptor agonist isn’t it? Wouldn’t that potentially be problematic?
ER beta I think. I haven't looked too deeply into the binding strength of the turkesterone, but 3a-diol, a metabolite of DHT, is also a ER beta agonist.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals