Biweekly Changes In Dietary Requirements?

Integra

Even though I eat the standard food groups discussed in the forum (milk, eggs, cheese, fruit, gelatin, some rice and potatoes, salt, etc.) I noticed that the foods I crave and that make me feel good are different before and after ovulation.

All of the things I write below are just my observations, I have not explored them systematically, so I don't claim there's any validity to them beyond my personal experience. Still, they could provide an interesting discussion, so I'm gonna lay them out anyways!

Before ovulation, if I don't eat eggs/butter/other sources of saturated fat every or every other day, I get stressed much easier, my vision can get blurry, I am more prone to eye strain, and my skin might act out (acne, etc.) But the funny thing is, once I ovulate, the mere smell of eggs makes me want to gag and they taste horrible, whereas just a couple days earlier, I would drink the egg yolk of a soft-boiled egg like it was the best thing in the world. This has happened so many times that I consider it a real pattern in my diet.

After ovulation, I want lemon and other citrus fruits. The only foods that sound appealing are milk, all types of fruit, and the Daily Carrot :) tastes sweet.

And another thing, perhaps the most interesting thing, I want to mention I noticed is coffee. Post-ovulation, not only can I drink coffee bright and early in the morning on an empty stomach, but I can also drink it later in the day without it causing any sleep problems. The opposite is true before ovulation. That's why I avoid drinking coffee the first 12-14 days after each period.

I could be only convincing myself of these things but should there be an ounce of truth in some of the things above, it would be really interesting the experiences of other women. Could it be that the hormonal (im)balances causes these preferences?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals