Bipolar, What Has Worked For You?

DavidGardner

I’ve been struggling with this more lately. Just wanted to review what has worked for other people. Diet, supplements, hormones, medication, anything.

I am on 100 mg quetiapine (Seroquel) and 10 mg methylphenidate (Ritalin). This seems to work pretty well, but my psychiatrist keeps wanting to try different meds because I get too much sedation from higher doses of quetiapine and am still having unstable moods. I only made it two days on lamotrigine this time. It just made me feel weird and dissociative. Then we tried Vraylar which again only lasted two days due to restless sleep.

I would prefer non-drug approaches. Niacinamide, unfortunately, just calms me down temporarily, but really does nothing to stabilize my moods. Pregnenolone helps lately at even just 10 mg, but I feel druggy if I take it too many consecutive days. I finally tried mk-4 today, which seems promising, but it’s too early to tell. Aspirin works great for the depressive side of it, so I’m hoping mk-4 will allow me to take it more often without bleeding.

Dairy fat helps a lot. I have been drinking 1 or 2% milk daily and sometimes eating cheese. Cocoa butter has always helped, so I think I will eat more chocolate. I somehow think that saturated fats in general and also cholesterol are very important.

Any other ideas? Not exclusively, but especially from people who have to deal with this.

I’ve been struggling with this more lately. Just wanted to review what has worked for other people. Diet, supplements, hormones, medication, anything.

I am on 100 mg quetiapine (Seroquel) and 10 mg methylphenidate (Ritalin). This seems to work pretty well, but my psychiatrist keeps wanting to try different meds because I get too much sedation from higher doses of quetiapine and am still having unstable moods. I only made it two days on lamotrigine this time. It just made me feel weird and dissociative. Then we tried Vraylar which again only lasted two days due to restless sleep.

I would prefer non-drug approaches. Niacinamide, unfortunately, just calms me down temporarily, but really does nothing to stabilize my moods. Pregnenolone helps lately at even just 10 mg, but I feel druggy if I take it too many consecutive days. I finally tried mk-4 today, which seems promising, but it’s too early to tell. Aspirin works great for the depressive side of it, so I’m hoping mk-4 will allow me to take it more often without bleeding.

Dairy fat helps a lot. I have been drinking 1 or 2% milk daily and sometimes eating cheese. Cocoa butter has always helped, so I think I will eat more chocolate. I somehow think that saturated fats in general and also cholesterol are very important.

Any other ideas? Not exclusively, but especially from people who have to deal with this.
what about vraylar

L_C

Look into lithium...

After every med under the sun. ,the only thing that practically cured my niece of her bi po symptoms was - juicing ( along with her regular diet ) , yoga with a lot of breath work , and going gluten free. In our family , it seems the gluten seems to really effect the brain.

Beastmode

If you haven't or already are, a t3 or t3/t3 supplement might be really helpful. If the dairy fat helps a lot, Peat often suggests 2 liters per day.

These 2 can be life changing for many.

golder

After every med under the sun. ,the only thing that practically cured my niece of her bi po symptoms was - juicing ( along with her regular diet ) , yoga with a lot of breath work , and going gluten free. In our family , it seems the gluten seems to really effect the brain.
Juicing? As in wheatgrass shots or anabolics?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals