Bioresonance—quackery Or Is There Something To It?

bodacious

Has anybody on the forum had experience with bioresonance therapy? Or at least, bioresonance as a diagnostic tool?

Normally I would accept the mainstream medical stance— that it's pseudoscience—but I'm considering visiting a practitioner after a recommendation from a friend.

Another friend of mine is a renowned veterinary surgeon who has started doing microcurrent therapy, which I'm quite confident in.

Given the bioenergetic understanding of health; how, for example, the body should be in a negatively charged, reduced state, I'm curious to know if bioresonance carries some validity.

OP
bodacious

bodacious

Some interesting input from Ray on this topic:

Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

"Much more T3 bound to albumin is taken up by the liver than the small amount identified in vitro as free T3 (Terasaki, et al., 1987). The specific binding of T3 to albumin alters the protein's electrical properties, changing the way the albumin interacts with cells and other proteins. (Albumin becomes electrically more positive when it binds the hormone; this would make the albumin enter cells more easily. Giving up its T3 to the cell, it would become more negative, making it tend to leave the cell.) This active role of albumin in helping cells take up T3 might account for its increased uptake by the red cells when there were fewer cells in proportion to the albumin medium. This could also account for the favorable prognosis associated with higher levels of serum albumin in various sicknesses."

"Thomas H. McGavack's 1951 book, The Thyroid, was representative of the earlier approach to the study of thyroid physiology. Familiarity with the different effects of abnormal thyroid function under different conditions, at different ages, and the effects of gender, were standard parts of medical education that had disappeared by the end of the century. Arthritis, irregularities of growth, wasting, obesity, a variety of abnormalities of the hair and skin, carotenemia, amenorrhea, tendency to miscarry, infertility in males and females, insomnia or somnolence, emphysema, various heart diseases, psychosis, dementia, poor memory, anxiety, cold extremities, anemia, and many other problems were known reasons to suspect hypothyroidism. If the physician didn't have a device for measuring oxygen consumption, estimated calorie intake could provide supporting evidence. The Achilles' tendon reflex was another simple objective measurement with a very strong correlation to the basal metabolic rate. Skin electrical resistance, or whole body impedance wasn't widely accepted, though it had considerable scientific validity."

Pointless

Could you explain what bioresonance is and how it's used to diagnose people's health? Is it like "grounding" or is it more like Rife or Beck machines?

tyw

This needs to be qualified specifically to the diagnostic techniques being used.

I did a post on these forums about specific diagnostics using "Auras" from the collagen meridians of the body -- Fructose Alters Brain Genes Negatively. How To Counter This From Peat Perspective?

I'll also reproduce a post from another forum, where I was asked about the (non-)efficacy of Electroacupuncture according to Voll (EAV) machines.
----

From a mechanical standpoint, I do not see how EAV can make accurate diagnoses. It relies purely on measurements of electric activity on the skin surface atop acupuncture points. This is not enough important to diagnose the "health" of the meridian.

The claims that such practitioners make about diagnosis are also overblown. Claims like "you have parasites" because a particular meridian is "not good" (whatever that means ...) on EAV is talking a step way too far.

What we do know is that there are at least 3 distinct E/M auric shells that are emitted from various organs and meridians. Klinghardt has tests for the "health" of a meridian or organ system that measure the degree of polarisation of light being emitted from a particular meridian. Well-functioning components should emit polarised light, and unhealthy ones cannot seem to control their light emission well. He uses a certain type of camera filter to do this.

One then needs to take a whole bunch of these sorts of measurements, and use it to construct a model of the current state of health acutely and chronically.

eg: Just because taking caffeine turns ON the meridians going to the liver in the short term (suggesting higher energy flow), there is no guarantee that this is a strategy that is sustainable in the longer term. A multitude of other factors will come into play, such as potential methylation defects, potential mobilisation of stored fatty acids which interfere with metabolism after the effects of caffeine have worn off, delayed release of caffeine which eventually screws up sleep, etc .....

There must be an understanding of the principles behind the intervention, on top of energetic testing, in order for any of the information gained to be useful.

Another example was ItsTheWooo's Keto Salt experiment -- *The Scribble Pad*: Woo's keto salt experiment! Many interesting discoveries! Depression! Fatassery!

Just read the TL;DR, but I would bet that many systems become very energised, and the appearance would be of a "good" state. This obviously doesn't capture the massive hunger episode Wooo! :rofl: experienced about 45 mins after taking the ketone salts, which is something that requires an understanding of the likely insulin-stimulating effect of ketone salts.

I speculate that there would be some transient changes to TCA Cycle mechanics as well, which requires further consideration of the dietary context -- Wooo! is on a strict keto diet (with the appropriate protein restriction as well). How would this affect someone eating some carbs? (or a lot of carbs?)

----

The use of the biotensor rod, through some unexplained mechanism, allows the wielder of the rod to manifest the E/M signals they detect coming off an object as motion in the biotensor.

I have no clue on the actual mechanics of how the user picks up the signal, nor how using different fingers to "receive the signal" actually changes the "sensing depth", nor how the mechanics manifest as 3 different direction motions in the rod, nor how amplitude is affected, nor how different users will differ in trying to pick up on signals coming from various objects.

All I know is that I am able to reliably and objectively detect all three of the auric shells, using either of the 4 testing polarities, and testing distinct effects for distinct points on the body (and other objects).

I do not know how to teach this either. My learning method was through observation and instruction by a friend whom had 30 years of various training in Western and Chinese medicine, and then trying the method again and again to see if I could reproduce effects seen, and if I could predict the state of my health based upon testing interventions (which was very very very successful). It was probably 3 months into the process before I fully got the hang of the process, and the learning method was completely informal. As a result, I do not make recommendations for people to use this methodology.

As for the people who try and pick up the technique, some people can't seem to get it (my whole family can't), while others manage to pick up the basics of testing for personal coherence of a particular supplement pretty quickly. One friend basically got the knack for it within 10 mins of me showing it to him.

This is some voodoo wOooWoo nonsense :ninja: that somehow manages to be deadly accurate ....

OP
bodacious

bodacious

Update:

The session was interesting.

The setup was basically a single machine with various calibrations. The machine has a list of 1000+ frequencies stored that are thought to mimic the resonant frequencies of various substances.

We spent over an hour going through each one.

As a product developer, I have no idea why each of these had to be set manually. I'm pretty sure I could write a program that runs the whole list in a couple of minutes and produces a report—but that would ruin the mysticism.

I kept an open mind.

It's interesting that the only real health issue that showed up on my blood labs was elevated liver enzymes, and the only problem that showed up during my bio resonance session was an unhappy liver. That may be coincidence.

I didn't like the language used during some of the tests. For example; the elements Earth, Water, Fire, and (I think) Funk were referred to when going through the various organs. If this language is metaphorical then it should be dropped for the sake of clear communication. If it's not metaphorical, then it's quackery.

Currently (no pun intended) I'm of the opinion that this may be a helpful diagnosis method, but I'd need to see more evidence.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom