Biofilm Annihilation

Gl;itch.e

I have. I never experienced anything except feeling "weird" sometimes. Peat says just a pinch can clean out the gut, definitely didn't get that effect.
Try a teaspoon! :) I love this stuff for topical use. Anecdotally I felt some ridiculous euphoria the first time I tried it orally. Absolutely nothing with any subsequent doses. Wondered if that indicated my body needing more sulphur compounds. I do love my Taurine!

EIRE24

Try a teaspoon! :) I love this stuff for topical use. Anecdotally I felt some ridiculous euphoria the first time I tried it orally. Absolutely nothing with any subsequent doses. Wondered if that indicated my body needing more sulphur compounds. I do love my Taurine!
I usually use niacinamide topically and makes my skin really nice and smooth. I'm wondering if Taurine would be similar?

Kyle M

Ok I'll try a teaspoon. Did it ever make you feel queasy?

Gl;itch.e

Ok I'll try a teaspoon. Did it ever make you feel queasy?
Only due to apprehension the first time I took a large dose. I have done multiple such doses since and had no issues. I experienced some softening (or liquid) stool and some slight sulphuric odour with it, but no other adverse symptoms/reactions. I think its pretty safe stuff.

Gl;itch.e

I usually use niacinamide topically and makes my skin really nice and smooth. I'm wondering if Taurine would be similar?
Wouldn't hurt to try. I have put Taurine in a topical solution for hair. Don't think it has much effect when its also being taken as an oral supplement

Kyle M

Wondering about red light therapy, if the light can only penetrate a few millimeters, how could it affect the gut? I'm holding a red LED over my tummy right now.

Kyle M

As I've read on here before, turpentine really slows down the gut. For a few days after taking a teaspoon, stools are small and pellety. And it hasn't done anything to reduce bloating. If anything, sugars seem to be fermenting a bit higher up. After drinking anything with sugar in it, I have a burp originating from my GI (I can feel it moving up) within 10 minutes. Maybe even 5. I'm not even sure how that is happening.

Orion

As I've read on here before, turpentine really slows down the gut. For a few days after taking a teaspoon, stools are small and pellety. And it hasn't done anything to reduce bloating. If anything, sugars seem to be fermenting a bit higher up. After drinking anything with sugar in it, I have a burp originating from my GI (I can feel it moving up) within 10 minutes. Maybe even 5. I'm not even sure how that is happening.

Do you think liver you have optimal liver function? Might be another strategy for helping digestion.

Tenacity's Coffee Experiment (Any Pointers?)

Kyle M

Do you think liver you have optimal liver function? Might be another strategy for helping digestion.

Tenacity's Coffee Experiment (Any Pointers?)
I have no reason to question my liver function, and I do drink coffee. Sometimes only a couple of cups in a day, sometimes more.

I don't think my SIBO comes from slow peristalsis. It just seems that there is a biofilm of bacteria along my gut that produces gas whenever I put anything they can ferment into my system. I digest it just fine, but if it's carby it produces gas, and if it's at all irritating it gives me cramps (serotonin from bacteria?). The only thing that fits for me is the biofilm hypothesis, but none of the supposed biofilm busting agents have done anything for me.

kayumochi

There could be vitamin A in those or they might be increasing mucus production there's loads of ways I think. NAC could have been doing something to mitigate the damage from the low vitamin A.

Took your advice and have just now finished an entire bottle of Retinil, and while I did have one breakout of cracks not long into the Vitamin A regimen (that I cleared up with NAC), I persisted and now haven't had any more outbreaks and so have not had to take NAC at all. Hmmm ... You may be onto something regarding Accutane - chronic mouth cracks - and NAC.

EIRE24

Took your advice and have just now finished an entire bottle of Retinil, and while I did have one breakout of cracks not long into the Vitamin A regimen (that I cleared up with NAC), I persisted and now haven't had any more outbreaks and so have not had to take NAC at all. Hmmm ... You may be onto something regarding Accutane - chronic mouth cracks - and NAC.
Were you taking Retinil for any specific reason? What other improvements did you see with Nac?

kayumochi

Were you taking Retinil for any specific reason? What other improvements did you see with Nac?

I started the Retinil only to see if it would have any effect on the cracks. The healing of the cracks was the only improvement I noticed with NAC.

Kyle M

Hey ya'll, I'm gonna be back at it with another attempt at a SIBO regimen. Gave up on doctor and bought some Rifaximin online from a Mexican website. My first bitcoin purchase actually, it was fun.

I'm going to be dosing Rifaximin @400mg 3x/day for 20 or so days. I also bought a bottle of NAC pills and Dysbiocide and FC Cidal to take along with it for that same time period. The rationale is that the NAC can help weaken potential biofilms, allowing better antibiotic delivery, and the herbal antibiotic products can give a broader range of action in case Rifaximin isn't effective on all of the bacterial types present. I'm also going to take some probiotic products during this period to prevent a pathogenic imbalance during the post-antibiotic regrowth.

I haven't received the antibiotic yet but will start as soon as I do. If anything interesting happens I will report here during the dosing period, and whether anything happens or not I will report that at the end of the dosing period. Wish me luck.

kayumochi

Hey ya'll, I'm gonna be back at it with another attempt at a SIBO regimen. Gave up on doctor and bought some Rifaximin online from a Mexican website. My first bitcoin purchase actually, it was fun.

I'm going to be dosing Rifaximin @400mg 3x/day for 20 or so days. I also bought a bottle of NAC pills and Dysbiocide and FC Cidal to take along with it for that same time period. The rationale is that the NAC can help weaken potential biofilms, allowing better antibiotic delivery, and the herbal antibiotic products can give a broader range of action in case Rifaximin isn't effective on all of the bacterial types present. I'm also going to take some probiotic products during this period to prevent a pathogenic imbalance during the post-antibiotic regrowth.

I haven't received the antibiotic yet but will start as soon as I do. If anything interesting happens I will report here during the dosing period, and whether anything happens or not I will report that at the end of the dosing period. Wish me luck.

Let us know how it goes!

:ss2

Peatful

@Kyle M
So the phages didn't help you?
What did you experience, assuming you tried them?
Lastly, coffee tore my gut up. I know you didn't ask for unwarranted advice, but....I loved coffee but had a really "inflammed" response to it. My friend also got IC from her daily coffee....so I thought it was worth sharing.
IC is interstitial cystitis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals