Biofilm Annihilation

Kyle M

Wouldn't it be a coincidence is someone's symptoms healed by themselves while they were doing a treatment for those symptoms?

Kyle M

Another update: still nothing to write home about. I've been adding in more variability, taking Interphase usually in the morning and NAC at night, and using both antibiotics (Alli-C garlic and oregano oil) with both of them. I think I'll start with the peppermint oil at night, since it upset my stomach and made me feel weird before.

kayumochi

I bought a bottle of Jarrow Formulas N-A-C Bilayer Tables, Sustain (sustained release?)

Dosage is 600mg per tablet. How many and how often should I take this to combat SIBO? I've been taking one 600mg tablet 3 times per day, for one day, and haven't noticed anything yet. I still think it might be a good idea to combine it with antibiotic.

That brand works for me if I take 600 mg 1 -3 x a week. If I stop taking it I have to take massive doses for consecutive days on end to bring the symptoms under control. Antibiotics did nothing for me and I avoid them unless my life is a stake (was overprescribed them years back). I am trying other things because I don't really want to take NAC but haven't hit upon another solution yet.

Kyle M

That brand works for me if I take 600 mg 1 -3 x a week. If I stop taking it I have to take massive doses for consecutive days on end to bring the symptoms under control. Antibiotics did nothing for me and I avoid them unless my life is a stake (was overprescribed them years back). I am trying other things because I don't really want to take NAC but haven't hit upon another solution yet.
What are the symptoms that the NAC help you with?

Xisca

Some times, when I take something like coffee with milk and sugar, I will have a burping spell within 10 minutes.
Some people, and quite a lot, can have liver problem when mixing coffee with milk, and the reaction can be quick. Also headache etc in the long term.

Kyle M

Some people, and quite a lot, can have liver problem when mixing coffee with milk, and the reaction can be quick. Also headache etc in the long term.
I used coffee as an example, I get the same thing from soda or any other sweet drink.

Xisca

ok, I do have more problem with sugar than with honey for example, and I guess it can be a double problem: glucose and fructose are already separated in the honey, so no work for digesting it. sugar is more difficult to separate into the 2 molecules...
Then I guess honey has some natural anti-I-dont-know-what, that would be protective.
I can eat half a pound of honey in a day, no problem, but problem with sugar yes!

Diokine

Curious if you guys had tried anything like zapping? I used a frequency generator from work and applied a 10V AC peak-to-peak square wave at 30khz through gel electrodes placed on both flanks, for about 10 minutes. Definitely did something in my guts and several minutes later I passed some very foul smelling gas that was not typical for anything I had eaten that day. I am very curious as to what caused it, perhaps some kind of reaction to bacteria? Where did the smell come from? Was it trapped inside me the whole time?

Waynish

Curious if you guys had tried anything like zapping? I used a frequency generator from work and applied a 10V AC peak-to-peak square wave at 30khz through gel electrodes placed on both flanks, for about 10 minutes. Definitely did something in my guts and several minutes later I passed some very foul smelling gas that was not typical for anything I had eaten that day. I am very curious as to what caused it, perhaps some kind of reaction to bacteria? Where did the smell come from? Was it trapped inside me the whole time?

Cool, would be easy to build one if we knew the frequency and power... Could make it better by making some knobs and making it variable. I could build a similar product with some research help.

Kyle M

Very interesting, are you trying to stimulate the gut nerves?

DawN

I have no knowledge about the most here mentioned chemicals, but I have a really long and exhaustive experience with slimey stools. Thanks to this forum and some other quality informational source I now recognize this slime as harmful biofilm - this was a huge problem over many years for me, I wasn't able to understand what this slime is, not to mention how to make it disappear. Also a transition to squatting for defecation changed things only for a while, even then there was no chance to evacuate bowels completly, this slime was like an *uckin' superglue causing problems on other physiological systems as well, plus unable to gain proper weight (6 years at under 75kg at 193cm height!!!) I was unable to overcome that problem until I tried to fix my gut with such simple supplements like coppercitrate in the morning and zincpicolinate in the evening. And I was hard at trying different other "natural" supps over the long term, for e.g. until today I regurarly solve my Mg-Carbonate in soda-enriched tapwater, had supplementing MSM, B-Complex ...Then I added milk, up to 1 litre a day as I red about the importance of calcium for gut health and my overall energy levels went up, but the slimey stools stayed - until copper + zink. Important to mention also that before all that I had a period of about quite a whole year supplementing zinc, but it had no effects because I followed a strange diet adviced by raw veganists...(don't beat me for that please, I was younger, not well informed and desperate...)
Since I changed things to how I described above (but still no meat) my stools look and feel like back in the days where I was healthy, and I notice with every progressing day how I become the person I meant to be. Sounds weird but I think a kind of blockage (due to this slime) in your intestines has a huge impact on your psych - sometimes when I think back how I acted or thought - mey o mey am I embarrassed...

Kyle M

Update: those natural antibiotics don't really seem to have done anything. With the exception of the peppermint oil, which made me feel weird/bad, I didn't notice any effects.

I took a bit of turpentine a few days ago with sugar and honey. I tried measuring a tsp but it was probably less than that. I didn't notice much.

Then last night I did a teaspoon in sugar, about 2.5 tsp sugar, after working out and before eating. I had a smoothie with some frozen mango, 1% milk, protein powder (Terra's whey with a few individual aminos thrown in) and a bit of sugar. Then I ate some gummy bears.

At first I felt ok, except for the menthol type burn on my lip and mouth where the turpentine must have sat to long. Then when I was trying to go to bed things got bad. I had slight gut cramps, and felt a bit weird all over. I was drinking a lot of water as I remembered that was important with turpentine, which made me feel like I had to pee. I got up a couple of times, but the peeing felt weird. At one point I felt dizzy. I had a weird thirst that wasn't very quenched from drinking water. Has trouble sleeping.

Now, if that's the price of knocking out this biofilm SIBO stuff, that's fine. I just hope it does something.

Kyle M

Very discouraged. Despite it making me feel weird, the turpentine has yet to cause a noticeable decrease in SIBO symptoms. I'm going to stick to a 2-3 times per week regimen for a while, but it doesn't feel like it's doing a thing. Some days, like today, it feels like everything I eat or drink makes me gassy, burping or feeling a strange sensation of pressure. A lot of the time the gas is trapped in my chest and slowly works its way out to a burp. The position I sit in while driving seems to help with that.

The rapidity that sugars cause this reaction, as I've written before, suggests that the bacteria fermenting it is quite high up my gut, maybe even in my stomach.

Gl;itch.e

Kyle. I would be cautious doing anything like these "protocols" anytime after training/working out/hard labour. The gut is supposedly more "leaky" after strenuous activity so maybe this has a hand in your adverse reaction.

Kyle M

Kyle. I would be cautious doing anything like these "protocols" anytime after training/working out/hard labour. The gut is supposedly more "leaky" after strenuous activity so maybe this has a hand in your adverse reaction.
Yeah good point, I wasn't thinking and should have just waited until the next day.

Orion

Very discouraged. Despite it making me feel weird, the turpentine has yet to cause a noticeable decrease in SIBO symptoms. I'm going to stick to a 2-3 times per week regimen for a while, but it doesn't feel like it's doing a thing. Some days, like today, it feels like everything I eat or drink makes me gassy, burping or feeling a strange sensation of pressure. A lot of the time the gas is trapped in my chest and slowly works its way out to a burp. The position I sit in while driving seems to help with that.

The rapidity that sugars cause this reaction, as I've written before, suggests that the bacteria fermenting it is quite high up my gut, maybe even in my stomach.

Have you tried flowers of sulphur?

Kyle M

Have you tried flowers of sulphur?
I have. I never experienced anything except feeling "weird" sometimes. Peat says just a pinch can clean out the gut, definitely didn't get that effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals