Bioenergetic Way Of Eating And GLYCATION - Detrimental Effects For Health ? How Can You Avoid It?

Doludolu

Sugar + Protein = AGEs - Advanced Glycation End products.
Fat + Sugar = AGEs

Glycation is a nonenzymatic chemical reaction whereby sulfhydryl protein linkages are replaced by glucose, causing impairment in normal cellular and tissue functions. - (M. Lima, J.W. Baynes, in Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry (Second Edition), 2013 )

AGEs form especially if consumed with refined carbohydrates (so according to the data, the more easily absorbable ones, just the ones in RP type of diet). And also they form more intensely if you heat the products

AGEs burden on the body causes:
accelerated aging, wrinkles and poor quality skin, macular degeneration, neurodegenerative diseases [Alzheimers & Parkinsons] , due to plaque forming in the brain, hinder neuron communication,

"Creates massive oxidation in the body. Rusts your body inside out. Makes proteins sticky , brittle & inflammed. Irreversible cellular damage."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
This Bioenergetic type of diet, that RP suggests, in terms of this combination sounds quite dangerous. Carb:Protein ratio is recommended 2:1.

OK. So what's the real deal about glycation and AGEs? What is the bioenergetic perspective on it? How can you naturally prevent glycation, still eating carbs +fats/protein?

I found some resources:

helpful nutrients: vitamin C, benfotiamine, vit B6, phytochemicals in fruits/veggies [antioxidants, polyphenols] , e.g. orange naringenin & others. Also it was mentioned alpha-lipoic-acid.

top herbs to counter-act glycation in the body - ANTI GLYCATION EFFECT - :
*(% glycation blocking effectiveness) - - - Anise - 88% ; Cinnamon -85 % ; Allspice - 81% ; Clove -79 %; Oregano - very effective

my hypothesis what should also be helpful:
aspirin to lower inflammatory reactions, coffee's antioxidants & cacao too, vitamin E should be helpful for sure, exercise ( should stimulate protein synthesis and help clear/recycle damaged protein structures) ; fasting (activates autophagy which helps to cleanse these negatively altered protein structures) - the last two help to reverse the existing effect. More importantly is though, how to not create glycation and AGEs if we're consuming Bioenergetic type of a diet... Food for thought !!!

Last edited:

Mito

Sugar + Protein = AGEs - Advanced Glycation End products.
Fat + Sugar = AGEs

Glycation is a nonenzymatic chemical reaction whereby sulfhydryl protein linkages are replaced by glucose, causing impairment in normal cellular and tissue functions. - (M. Lima, J.W. Baynes, in Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry (Second Edition), 2013 )

“Most AGEs are not produced from glucose in the body. They are produced from methylglyoxal, which can be made from carbohydrate, protein, or fat.” - Chris Masterjohn
Where Do Most AGEs Come From? O Glycation, How Thy Name Hast Deceived Me! |

baccheion

Vitamin D3 slows collagen loss. One thing it does is lessen negatives of AGEs that are present. Magnesium, selenium, B1, B6, etc oppose/minimize glycation.

All the major nutrients in egg yolks create a strong resistance to oxidation. In one study, eggs oxidized the least. Makes sense.

More AGE = more lysine needed. As consumed protein is increasingly AGE'd, bioavailability declines.

Maintaining insulin sensitivity lowers serum AGE. Same with antioxidant strength and cells. Riboflavin is part of the chain that recycles glutathione.

Less copper goes with more B1, D3, zinc, etc. More copper (associated with insulin release) goes with more B3, vitamin A, and other nutrients I'm forgetting.

IGF-1 is also a major protector, mainly maintaining receptor sensitivity as AGE'd cells release IGF-1.

Last edited:

Doludolu

“Most AGEs are not produced from glucose in the body. They are produced from methylglyoxal, which can be made from carbohydrate, protein, or fat.” - Chris Masterjohn
will read Masterjohn's article, when I find time , thanks!
Vitamin D3 slows collagen loss. One thing it does is lessen negatives of AGEs that are present. Magnesium, selenium, B1, B6, etc oppose/minimize glycation.

All the major nutrients in egg yolks create a strong resistance to oxidation. In one study, eggs oxidized the least. Makes sense.

More AGE = more lysine needed. As consumed protein is increasingly AGE'd, bioavailability declines.

Maintaining insulin sensitivity lowers serum AGE. Same with antioxidant strength and cells. Riboflavin is part of the chain that recycles glutathione.

Less copper goes with more B1, D3, zinc, etc. More copper (associated with insulin release) goes with more B3, vitamin A, and other nutrients I'm forgetting.

IGF-1 is also a major protector, mainly maintaining receptor sensitivity as AGE'd cells release IGF-1.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Doludolu

Thank you. Checked it out, read it. Was good. But he didn't give much practical / usable information :D
Do you know more on glycation in simple terms - what foods / combinations / body metabolic-health conditions cause it and what to do to maximally avoid it?

Could you share some references for the claims that you've wrote? Thanks!

Mito

Thank you. Checked it out, read it. Was good. But he didn't give much practical / usable information :D
Do you know more on glycation in simple terms - what foods / combinations / body metabolic-health conditions cause it and what to do to maximally avoid it?
According to Peat, avoid PUFA and carbon dioxide is protective against them.

Peat talks about advanced glycation end products in this video starting at 49:28:

Doludolu

According to Peat, avoid PUFA and carbon dioxide is protective against them.

Peat talks about advanced glycation end products in this video starting at 49:28:
Thanks, brother. Have been binging on those podcasts some time ago , now stopped due to chaotic life events. Need to come back hehe