June

When is best time to use a binder of sorts? Bile is released during a meal, so is it ideal to use it right after eating? Or how about 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating? Or what if a supplement is used to help increase bile, such as artichoke, should a binder be used right after supplementing? I have major endotoxin issues and my liver/kidneys are really taking a hit and would like to relieve the burden on them. Symptoms get worse when I try to eradicate or treat infections in my body, ie Lyme, Candida.

OP
J

June

What kind of binder you using?
Not entirely sure yet but will be testing a bunch. Ranging from use of carrots to activated charcoal (I know this binder is non-selective), Enterosgel, bentonite clay, zeolite, etc. Even with the simple carrot salad or mushrooms, when is best to take to mop up bile?

Elast1c

Not entirely sure yet but will be testing a bunch. Ranging from use of carrots to activated charcoal (I know this binder is non-selective), Enterosgel, bentonite clay, zeolite, etc. Even with the simple carrot salad or mushrooms, when is best to take to mop up bile?
Had a bach and forth with Ray about enterosgel and he mentioned that because it was silica he couldn't see it being beneficial. I mentioned that they formulated it as a gel for the help of the gut but he never responded. Was a few years back.

Tim Lundeen

We're trying this, it seems to help with bloating. Take it in the morning 30 min before breakfast. They recommend 1T, but just taking 1/4 tsp in 8 oz water

Sonne's - Detoxifying Liquid Hydrated Bentonite Clay #7​

Bliss

My understanding is that you want to take binders 30min or more before (fat-containing) meals so that it is already in place to bind the bile triggered by the incoming fat. For other supplements you want to take them at a distance from the binder so they are not inactivated by it. So with a different meal, or at least after everything else if it needs to be the same meal.

WonMore

Had a bach and forth with Ray about enterosgel and he mentioned that because it was silica he couldn't see it being beneficial. I mentioned that they formulated it as a gel for the help of the gut but he never responded. Was a few years back.
Thanks for that. Have you ever tried it?

OP
J

June

Thanks everyone! Just wanted to update on Enterosgel. it didn't work. It somehow gave me edema and dried my body out. Curious about Bentonite clay but worried that it's a volcanic material.

WonMore

Thanks everyone! Just wanted to update on Enterosgel. it didn't work. It somehow gave me edema and dried my body out. Curious about Bentonite clay but worried that it's a volcanic material.
Thanks for the update. Ray says that acid in the stomach can liberate heavy metals from the clay. Maybe cholestyramine?

OP
J

June

Thanks for the update. Ray says that acid in the stomach can liberate heavy metals from the clay. Maybe cholestyramine?
Hello i thought cholestyramine would cause issues with cholesterol.

WonMore

Hello i thought cholestyramine would cause issues with cholesterol.
Not sure, but I think it's just a side effect, and it applies to all the binders (carrots included), just to different extent. You need to make up for the lost bile and the substrate is cholesterol, and actually in bile itself the precipitation of cholesterol is a problem.

OP
J

June

Not sure, but I think it's just a side effect, and it applies to all the binders (carrots included), just to different extent. You need to make up for the lost bile and the substrate is cholesterol, and actually in bile itself the precipitation of cholesterol is a problem.

Will have a look! Thank you!

WonMore

Here it has the same capacity to bind endotoxins as charcoal, when in specific mesh-size:

I wonder why Ray never explored the subject of binders more, except charcoal? It seems like natural course of his ideas should've gone there

lilsticky

coconut flour happens to be insoluble and fatty material. i like carrots with honey though

lilsticky

actually i think i read that beans and what/oat brans were good for bile removal and turmeric is another stimulant for it. why are you opting for charcoal so quickly anyway? doesnt seem like the first option tbh

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals