Billionaire$ hate this simple trick! What is the best low pufa olive oil?

Mauritio

if you live in UK or europe. Get Honest Toil
What makes you choose that one exactly?
Honest toil uses koroneiki olives .
It actually has decent policosanol values !

"The total policosanol content in olive oils investigated in this study ranged from 7.93 to 14.73 mg/100 g (Table 3). It is comparable to the concentrations found in oils made from other Mediterranean olive varieties, such as Coratina with 5.8 to 6.5 [20] and 6.9 [21], Koroneiki with 24.3 to 26.7 [20] and 15.2 [21], and Picual with 11.6 mg/100 g [21], respectively."

Post in thread 'The Policosanols Thread' The Policosanols Thread

Last edited:

milkboi

What makes you choose that one exactly?
Honest toil uses koroneiki olives .
It actually has decent policosanol values !

"The total policosanol content in olive oils investigated in this study ranged from 7.93 to 14.73 mg/100 g (Table 3). It is comparable to the concentrations found in oils made from other Mediterranean olive varieties, such as Coratina with 5.8 to 6.5 [20] and 6.9 [21], Koroneiki with 24.3 to 26.7 [20] and 15.2 [21], and Picual with 11.6 mg/100 g [21], respectively."
Try it, you can immediately tell it's high quality

Mauritio

"One of the most crucial of these compounds is Oleocanthal. It’s “been shown to have anti-inflammatory action through inhibition of cyclooxygenase enzymes” – COX1 and COX2 (this is particularly important for the prevention of colorectal cancer).

Koroneiki olive oil has higher levels of specific phenolic ingredients like oleocanthal and oleacein – something that we don’t find often in the major varietals. European researchers analyzed 2500 samples of olive oils from around the world to check the type, the amount, and the concentration of polyphenols they contain."

Polyphenol content seems to vary a lot even amongst the same types of olives, so maybe taking other people's experience with it is the best way to go.

Mauritio

David PS

I prefer to use an extract from the olive leaf. The capsules are discarded when I mix the content into my yogurt.

Dr. B

I prefer to use an extract from the olive leaf. The capsules are discarded when I mix the content into my yogurt.

is that the best quality OLE product

David PS

is that the best quality OLE product

I have not studied the products on the market. It looked to be the best to me.
perfectenemy.jpg

Mauritio

I received the honest toil olive oil today. There's like a white mist/ veil in the middle of all bottles. Anybody know what that is?

Btw peat does favor storing olive oil in the fridge, I asked him :)

@Michael Mohn he wants to know if the taste is different after pouring away the liquid part . Can you check that out for me ?

Last edited:
OP
Michael Mohn

Michael Mohn

I received the happy toil olive oil today. There's like a white mist/ veil in the middle of all bottles. Anybody know what that is?
I like to eat naturally fermented olives and after a while of storage they can develop some crystalline white spots, some phyto chemical forming on the surface maybe it's something like that. Oliven - FruchtBote
Btw peat does favor storing olive oil in the fridge, I asked him :)
:+1
@Michael Mohn he wants to know if the taste is different after pouring away the liquid part . Can you check that out for me ?
I was wondering too if something valuable in terms of nutrition or flavour is lost and hesitated to poor off everything but I will check.

Mauritio

I like to eat naturally fermented olives and after a while of storage they can develop some crystalline white spots, some phyto chemical forming on the surface maybe it's something like that. Oliven - FruchtBote

:+1

I was wondering too if something valuable in terms of nutrition or flavour is lost and hesitated to poor off everything but I will check.
I was thinking maybe it's the long chain saturated fatty acids like policosanol that are visible, which would be a good sign.

Ok thanks. Please let us know what you notice .

Last edited:

Dr. B

I was thinking maybe it's the long chain saturated fatty acids like policosanol that are visible, which wouldn be a good sign.

Ok thanks. Please let us know what you notice .
why wouldnt it be a good sign, dont you want the policosanol

Mauritio

Mauritio

Honest toil- that stuff must be really saturated.
I left it in the fridge for a few hours and it's completely solid. I opened the bottle and flipped it around and not a single drop came out!

Mauritio

I've tried it again today and took the honest toil out ,let it liquify and put it back in the fridge along with my previous olive oil that I got from the supermarket ,which is also organic, cold pressed etc .
I even increased the temp of the fridge 1 degree because I thought maybe my fridge shows the wrong temperature and is close to 0 degrees .

But honest toil became completely solid again ,my other olive oil : completlet liquid ,not even a hint of solidity.

This must be some good stuff . Thanks for recommending ?

Dr. B

I've tried it again today and took the honest toil out ,let it liquify and put it back in the fridge along with my previous olive oil that I got from the supermarket ,which is also organic, cold pressed etc .
I even increased the temp of the fridge 1 degree because I thought maybe my fridge shows the wrong temperature and is close to 0 degrees .

But honest toil became completely solid again ,my other olive oil : completlet liquid ,not even a hint of solidity.

This must be some good stuff . Thanks for recommending ?
what about this brand please sir

Amazon product ASIN B0876PW7WPView: https://www.amazon.com/Carapelli-Olive-Extra-Virgin-Organic/dp/B0876PW7WP/ref=asc_df_B0876PW7WP?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79989581051853&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589113871414&psc=1

just recommened to me. looks super legit -- no other particular reason. i think they do ABS nothing besides cold press which is pretty cool

please sir what of that brand

their site has a variety of different olive oils