Bill Gates, Real-Life Supervillain, Says Meditation Is His New Favorite Habit (2018)

AlexR

Bill Gates may be the most high-profile case of meditation-induced psychosis in the world. He claims to have started the habit in 2018, just a few years before creating a plan to block out the sun and to vaccinate the entire world with an untested vaccine against a virus with an extremely high survival rate. It is not out of the realm of possibility that there is a causal link between his meditation habit and his ideas becoming more and more absurd and destructive given that meditation is known to induce psychosis in many individuals who partake in it. Allowing Bill Gates to continue meditating is something we as a species can not allow in order to ensure our survival.

cupofcoffee

just because few unlucky individuals get psychosis from meditation doesn't mean he got it too, especially because he does it only "two or three times a week, for about 10 minutes each time". He was probably already ****88 up before.

yerrag

Ever notice how lizards meditate?

Bill's been disemboweled long ago and replaced with a lizard brain. Don't hate him for it. That's what happens to billionaires. Their body becomes useful for world domination.

It's like if you're beautiful, you attract rapists. Or if you live where there's rich veins of gold and silver, you attract vulture capitalists. You end up in squalor in your own land.

Samya

I don't believe meditation makes anyone psychotic, at worst if someone is predisposed to psychotic tendencies then perhaps meditation could bring those tendencies to the foreground. Meditation simply reveals what is already here.

A good point is that psychotic behaviour is a mental attribute which is learned, true meditation gets your mind in touch with the nature of awareness which is beyond the limits of the mind, so would at least by this definition be anti-psychotic.

As Ray pointed out recently, Bill Gates seems to be a 'true believer' and probably thinks what he's doing is for some greater good.

Last edited:

rei

It's easy to get insane perspective on life if you have the wrong meditation teacher, especially if they combine vedantic style concepts with it. Even vedantic monks know this and are prepared to handle students that have gained a wrong understanding by previous incompetent teachers or self study. While nondualism is the only philosophy that provides a philosophical reason why ethical behavior is necessary, it also easily can lead astray and make you think nothing besides your opinion really matters if you are exposed to it in the wrong way.

Simulation theory is a modern concept with same risk.

dhtsupreme

Ever notice how lizards meditate?

Bill's been disemboweled long ago and replaced with a lizard brain. Don't hate him for it. That's what happens to billionaires. Their body becomes useful for world domination.

It's like if you're beautiful, you attract rapists. Or if you live where there's rich veins of gold and silver, you attract vulture capitalists. You end up in squalor in your own land.
??? I could understand you saying this if he meditated his whole life and did all the things he did. He picked it up recently lol hopefully it changes him for the better

tankasnowgod

Bill Gates may be the most high-profile case of meditation-induced psychosis in the world. He claims to have started the habit in 2018,

So you think he was sane and a good guy up until he started meditating?

He's been investing in vaccines for the last 2 decades, and seeing a 20 to 1 return in that time.

So, he was acting out of the goodness of his heart when he made all that money from investing in vaccines from 2000-2018?

Investing in global health organizations aimed at increasing access to vaccines created a 20-to-1 return in economic benefit, billionaire Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Bill Gates told CNBC on Wednesday.

Over the past two decades, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has donated “a bit more than $10 billion” into mainly three groups: the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, and the Global Polio Eradication Initiative.

“We feel there’s been over a 20-to-1 return,” yielding $200 billion over those 20 or so years, Gates told CNBC’s Becky Quick on “Squawk Box” from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. “Helping young children live, get the right nutrition, contribute to their countries — that has a payback that goes beyond any typical financial return.“

As a comparison, Gates echoed what he wrote in an essay in The Wall Street Journal last week under the banner “The Best Investment I’ve Ever Made,” saying that same $10 billion put into the would have grown only to $17 billion over 18 years, factoring in reinvested dividends.

tankasnowgod

??? I could understand you saying this if he meditated his whole life and did all the things he did. He picked it up recently lol hopefully it changes him for the better

Yeah, that probably won't happen-

Couple that story with Gates seeking out a supposed business relationship with Jeffrey Epstein AFTER he was publicly tried for running an underage sex slave ring, and I don't think there is anything good about this guy.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

He's been investing in vaccines for the last 2 decades, and seeing a 20 to 1 return in that time.

So, he was acting out of the goodness of his heart when he made all that money from investing in vaccines from 2000-2018?

No, I don’t think he was, but his plot to block out the sun comes suspiciously after he developed his meditation habit. Given that meditation is proven to be able to induce psychosis, I think it’s only fair that we don’t rule out the possibility that meditation is degrading his thoughts even more than anybody thought possible.

dhtsupreme

Yeah, that probably won't happen-

Couple that story with Gates seeking out a supposed business relationship with Jeffrey Epstein AFTER he was publicly tried for running an underage sex slave ring, and I don't think there is anything good about this guy.
Wow I didn't know it was after

dhtsupreme

@tankasnowgod good luck using logic. AlexR is the most irrational user I've met on raypeatforum

tankasnowgod

No, I don’t think he was, but his plot to block out the sun comes suspiciously after he developed his meditation habit. Given that meditation is proven to be able to induce psychosis, I think it’s only fair that we don’t rule out the possibility that meditation is degrading his thoughts even more than anybody thought possible.

I don't know about "Proven." You posted a single case study that posits this.

His plot to block out the sun also comes after The Simpsons showed Mr. Burns doing the same.

Maybe he got the idea from The Simpsons a few decades ago? Maybe it's another case of predictive programming?

lehmode

With your line of thinking in how meditation has somehow "degraded his thoughts", I'd posit that you must be a serial meditator with the amount of idiocy you are stating. Most meditation, mainly mindfulness meditation, is observation of the breath. There are many types of meditations, and style to do specific types. But the most common you find is focusing on the breath, and redirecting attention back to the breath when it inevitably wanders away. You have literally zero understanding if you think that a couple of minutes of meditation a week could lead to Bill's psychotic tendencies. Yes, he seems to be a crazy, dishonest, overall not well-meaning person. But you have no understanding of meditation and how simplistic the method. Meditation tends to reveal things buried in the mind, as it is simply developing an awareness of your own thought patterns and attaining a healthy detachment so your thoughts don't control you impulsively. Yes, there is evidence of meditation leading to surfacing people's deeper mental dysfunction, or pushing advanced practitioners through the "dark night of the soul". But man, you know nothing. You are a terrible representation of this forum.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

I don't know about "Proven." You posted a single case study that posits this.
Actually, I posted a meta-analysis that looked at dozens of studies that confirmed meditation-induced psychosis is a real phenomena. That’s the definition of proven. If you read the other thread, you will see that even the meditators know of people who have gone into full blown psychosis from meditation and one even admitted that it is in the Chinese DSM. It’s time to seriously consider the fact that meditation is a toxin to the mind in the same way PUFA is to the body.

Sam321

Funny and far-fetched.
Meditating 20mins 3x a day after eating has helped my digestion when I'm consistent.
Like, its ridiculous to force it, but to say it causes psychosis is kinda wild.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

Funny and far-fetched.
Meditating 20mins 3x a day after eating has helped my digestion when I'm consistent.
Like, its ridiculous to force it, but to say it causes psychosis is kinda wild.
It’s a proven phenomena. Just because you haven’t experienced something, doesn’t mean it doesn’t or can’t happen.

Sam321

It’s a proven phenomena. Just because you haven’t experienced something, doesn’t mean it doesn’t or can’t happen.
Oh don't get it twisted.
I don't think meditation is a fix all or that its right for everyone.

I've only experienced benefits from it tho

tankasnowgod

Actually, I posted a meta-analysis that looked at dozens of studies that confirmed meditation-induced psychosis is a real phenomena. That’s the definition of proven.
Um, no it's not.

"Proven" would be more along the lines of recruiting 1,000 or so people, and then assigning half of them to meditation, and the other half nothing, and see if psychosis develops, and at what rate in both groups. But considering the definition of psychosis itself is very loose (as is the definition of meditation), I don't even know if this would be a good way to test this hypothesis.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

Um, no it's not.

"Proven" would be more along the lines of recruiting 1,000 or so people, and then assigning half of them to meditation, and the other half nothing, and see if psychosis develops, and at what rate in both groups. But considering the definition of psychosis itself is very loose (as is the definition of meditation), I don't even know if this would be a good way to test this hypothesis.
Oh, wow. It must not exist if it’s not a double-blinded, placebo controlled, 1000 participant study. It’s not like it’s in the DSM and has a name (the dark night of the soul) in cultures that practice meditation extensively. Where am I? Reddit?

Back
Top Bottom