"Biggest Loser" Fitness Guru (age 51) Suffers Serious Heart Attack

Ella

Forum Supporter
Yo
Why are you treating "fat" people as victims?

Because I get treated like one. I lost 27 kilos being sedentary. I think that is huge. So huge that it scares the ***t out of me. Now I have gone from wearing size 20 pants to a nice size 14. You could say I look voluptuous now. I have an hour glass figure however not the shredded defined look that women aspire to.

On the weekend I dressed for a party wearing tight legged, stretch pink jeans. My daughter commented that fat people should not wear tight clothes. Her father informed her that I looked smashing and he preferred me to wear tight jeans than the bagging clothes I wore previously that made me look fatter.

Anyhow, at the party, the majority of the women my age were fatter than me wearing those loose baggy clothes to hide their figures. They previously thought of me as a bit of a crazy scientist with funny notions of drinking OJ, drinking milk, gelatin and fruit and thought ahhah so that's why she is so fat. For a scientist, she is kinda dumb eating foods that make you fat. However, all eyes were on me. My husband noticed and commented they are all wondering how on earth you are losing the weight without exercise. I still have not fully gotten my head around it either. Time will tell if it is a good or bad thing. I am trusting Peat on this.

I am still the same person fat or skinny but living as a fat person, has been an eye opener to me. I remember looking for clothes in a dress shop. The lady serving me said I looked good in the outfit. She commented has she loved dressing people like me because she knew how important it was for people like me to feel good about themselves. I never felt any different about myself being fat. I was not angry, unhappy or depressed. Yes, hell it was a bloody nuisance not being able to find clothes that fitted, but as long as I had health, energy and vimp for life all was good. Life was too busy for me to even think twice about my weight. I had more important issues that I was dealing with than my weight. Being skinny was not going change or make my world any better for me. It was only when other people commented about my weight that it greatly concerned me. "Comments like you need to lose weight to find a job" "You need to exercise to lose weight" "You need to join the gym", "When are you going to step on that treadmill?" "I don't want my friends to see that I have a fat mum" or the worst one "how can you help others when you are fat" ouch. This implies you can only being of service to others if you are slim and attractive. My qualifications and wealth of life experiences are meaningless.

So I have gone from a size 20 in pants at my biggest to a size 14. That is 6 sizes smaller. Now I consider that quite a feat without any exercise and I don't think I will gain the weight back like those biggest loser contestants. I have tried to eat heaps but the scales don't go up. I was never interested in weight loss as a research topic but Ray has helped me see that weight gain is not about gluttony but goes hand in hand with the stress response and it is an adaptation state when in a low energy state. Stress and its connection to inflammatory disease was the primary reason I started my research career. It has been quite a journey and so much more to learn.

Peat has suggested that a BMI of around 30 to be ideal for longevity, so we need a bit of padding to see us through stressful events and if the padding is the saturated type then our resistance to stress will be greater.

Ella

Forum Supporter
The potentially harmful effects of the mould toxins being of lesser concern in that context.

Thanks for the suggestion. We are going into Autumn, so I will keep the peanut butter for our next plague of rats and mice. The rats are huge where I live.

Constatine

He looks androgenic and not hypothyroid. However his hairline isn't too good which is correlated with heart attacks.
Yo

Because I get treated like one. I lost 27 kilos being sedentary. I think that is huge. So huge that it scares the ***t out of me. Now I have gone from wearing size 20 pants to a nice size 14. You could say I look voluptuous now. I have an hour glass figure however not the shredded defined look that women aspire to.

On the weekend I dressed for a party wearing tight legged, stretch pink jeans. My daughter commented that fat people should not wear tight clothes. Her father informed her that I looked smashing and he preferred me to wear tight jeans than the bagging clothes I wore previously that made me look fatter.

Anyhow, at the party, the majority of the women my age were fatter than me wearing those loose baggy clothes to hide their figures. They previously thought of me as a bit of a crazy scientist with funny notions of drinking OJ, drinking milk, gelatin and fruit and thought ahhah so that's why she is so fat. For a scientist, she is kinda dumb eating foods that make you fat. However, all eyes were on me. My husband noticed and commented they are all wondering how on earth you are losing the weight without exercise. I still have not fully gotten my head around it either. Time will tell if it is a good or bad thing. I am trusting Peat on this.

I am still the same person fat or skinny but living as a fat person, has been an eye opener to me. I remember looking for clothes in a dress shop. The lady serving me said I looked good in the outfit. She commented has she loved dressing people like me because she knew how important it was for people like me to feel good about themselves. I never felt any different about myself being fat. I was not angry, unhappy or depressed. Yes, hell it was a bloody nuisance not being able to find clothes that fitted, but as long as I had health, energy and vimp for life all was good. Life was too busy for me to even think twice about my weight. I had more important issues that I was dealing with than my weight. Being skinny was not going change or make my world any better for me. It was only when other people commented about my weight that it greatly concerned me. "Comments like you need to lose weight to find a job" "You need to exercise to lose weight" "You need to join the gym", "When are you going to step on that treadmill?" "I don't want my friends to see that I have a fat mum" or the worst one "how can you help others when you are fat" ouch. This implies you can only being of service to others if you are slim and attractive. My qualifications and wealth of life experiences are meaningless.

So I have gone from a size 20 in pants at my biggest to a size 14. That is 6 sizes smaller. Now I consider that quite a feat without any exercise and I don't think I will gain the weight back like those biggest loser contestants. I have tried to eat heaps but the scales don't go up. I was never interested in weight loss as a research topic but Ray has helped me see that weight gain is not about gluttony but goes hand in hand with the stress response and it is an adaptation state when in a low energy state. Stress and its connection to inflammatory disease was the primary reason I started my research career. It has been quite a journey and so much more to learn.

Peat has suggested that a BMI of around 30 to be ideal for longevity, so we need a bit of padding to see us through stressful events and if the padding is the saturated type then our resistance to stress will be greater.
Can you go into some detail regarding your diet and lifestyle change? 27 kilos is crazy. Also how has your mindset/outlook on life changed since Peating?

Last edited:

SQu

I was never interested in weight loss as a research topic but Ray has helped me see that weight gain is not about gluttony but goes hand in hand with the stress response and it is an adaptation state when in a low energy state. Stress and its connection to inflammatory disease was the primary reason I started my research career. It has been quite a journey and so much more to learn.
Ella, your posts are always well worth reading. I really hope you no longer find the subject lacking interest. I've made some progress myself, confirming what you say here and what haidut has said about stress and weight gain, and suggesting that there is a solution and I'm getting close, but I've also experienced progress regularly grind to a halt, and I for one would love to hear much more from you on the topic.

Drareg

Could you point me towards where he said this please?

He said it in the last KMUD show,it was in relation to women I think even though the caller was male?

He also spoke about cycling progesterone which is in need of its own thread along with cycling the more male reinstated steroids.

redlight

He looks androgenic and not hypothyroid. However his hairline isn't too good which is correlated with heart attacks.

Can you go into some detail regarding your diet and lifestyle change? 27 kilos is crazy. Also how has your mindset/outlook on life changed since Peating?
I would for his hair is good, i don't see any signs of receding. At the age of 51 i would say his hair is excellent. Im assuming some receding is due to the natural aging process. Peat has been receeding for some time i assume

Drareg

But this guy looks in great shape,he is not overweight and has muscle,no pain no gain,you have to want it as bad as you want breath according to Tony Robbins et al......
I guess he wanted weight loss real,real bad.

Here we go again..

The OP said "Calling him a health and exercise guru and blaming the heart attack completely on bad genetics"

implying that they are stupid for blaming genetics when then should really blame all of the exercise he did because exercise is "bad" and "unhealthy," which is a view you find on many health forums.

I then posted the Fred Kummerow link because Fred is someone who exercised every day and made it to over 100 years of age. Therefore, both the 51 year old fitness "guru" and Fred both exercised a lot but had different outcomes. Anecdotal.

There's a lot we don't know about the 51 year old. But to look at him for justification to be sedentary because you don't like exercise, but at the same time you claim to be into health, seems foolish. "Exercise" is a broad, vague term. Doing high intensity interval training is not the same as going for a light hike. Both are exercise. Lifting heavy weights is not the same as doing calisthenics. Both are exercise.

Last edited:
OP
Mito

Mito

The OP said "Calling him a health and exercise guru and blaming the heart attack completely on bad genetics"

implying that they are stupid for blaming genetics when then should really blame all of the exercise he did because exercise is "bad" and "unhealthy," which is a view you find on many health forums.
The implication was not intended to be exclusively about exercise, rather that he was doing "all the right things (exercise and a healthy diet)" to be healthy but still suffered a heart attack at a relatively young age. Then implying that there was nothing he could have done about it because he has "bad" genes.

pboy

you can force your body to grow in unnatural ways, but apparently its not ever actually ideal, no pain no gain? well, if the source of the pain is pushing against nature then its probably detrimental, or if its like an inharmonious gouge...I get the idea many of the so called 'experts' to try to boost ego and status and things think that's a good thing. I think estrogen has to do with growing in a selfish non connected to anything bigger way, so if you are promoting pushing yourself just for the sake of a swoll image or loosing weight by running for no reason the body probably is like wtf is this person doing and it sort of responds but potentially fights back. The long lived active people are ususally doing smoething functional with that activity, not burning into thin air on the street or gym. I heard a story about a chinese person influenced by western culture wanting to get into track and running and things and their parents were innocently appaled...like why would you want to do that?..coming from a background of knowing basically energy is really or would be better served doing something useful...they probably see it for what it is how I do like you're literally wasting your energy foolishly with no purpose doing something like that...unless you were an incan messanger runner or equivalent in some fashion its pretty useless to 'run'. Its sort of the peoples fault who gloryify or promote those kind of people also it eggs them on in their folly

"and a healthy diet"

If you've found this forum then you have an open mind about diet as well, even if you don't follow the general diet parameters here, so posting something about what the mainstream thinks about what a healthy diet is and how silly it is, is kinda obvious. I mean, the mainstream thinks pizza, ice cream, doughnuts, french fries and chocolate are just "carbs," ignoring or not knowing that they have more fat in them than carbohydrate. They're clueless.

Ahanu

A BMI of 30 ideal for longevity? Now i understand the purpose of @Westside PUFAs video "Butter can make you Fat"
I am not sure how i can reach that. I am eating allready so much Ice cream chocolate and cheese ;-)

But to look at him for justification to be sedentary because you don't like exercise, but at the same time you claim to be into health, seems foolish.
I don't think anybody here is doing that. People obsessing about exercise and pushing their bodies too hard while eating bad stuff is what people here are against. Nobody thinks that laying on the couch 24/7 is the best thing for health.

And isn't the Fred Kummerow guy into avoiding shitty oils etc. And if i remember correctly he does things like relaxed swimming, walking etc.?

tankasnowgod

I always laugh at the "genetic" explanation, as while I'm sure genetic factors can play a role, people whip that excuse out with absolutely no evidence, and others widely accept it as true, for virtually any condition.

With Bob Harper, exercise may indeed have been a factor, as he works on a show that prescribes dangerous exercise interventions on seriously obese people (often taking completely sedentary people and cranking them up to 4-6 hours of cardio a day in less than a week). As a trainer on the show, it's very possible he engages in similar reckless training activities. Maybe it would be more accurate to say "overtrainning."

Also, many shows have insanely long shooting schedules, sometimes lasting 16-20 hours a day for weeks on end. And as someone whose job depends on him "looking" fit, its possible that he also used dangerous water cutting techniques or drugs to get and/or stay fit.

Tarmander

I always laugh at the "genetic" explanation, as while I'm sure genetic factors can play a role, people whip that excuse out with absolutely no evidence, and others widely accept it as true, for virtually any condition.

I was just thinking this same thing. When they say genetics, but they do not say what SNPs or anything like, its basically akin to saying "God caused his heart attack, did the same to his mom, God works in mysterious ways and you can't run," in like the 800s.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals