Big Tech Pushes Digital ID Cards to Track Vaccinations, Shopping, Banking Activity and More

B

Braveheart

"The effort to manufacture consent for an all-encompassing digital identification system is notable given that its main selling point thus far has been coercion. We have been told that without such a system we will never be able to return to work or school, never be able to travel or never be allowed to participate normally in the economy."

LA

brzezinski.jpg

Broken man

This would be end, even now Google know everything about your activities on internet, that Is a Reason I am scared to buy something illegal... And why I am using Opera as my Explorer.

Giraffe

"The effort to manufacture consent for an all-encompassing digital identification system is notable given that its main selling point thus far has been coercion. We have been told that without such a system we will never be able to return to work or school, never be able to travel or never be allowed to participate normally in the economy."
Coercion will be framed 'inclusion'.

livesimply

That's why I switched to Brave browser!

LA

This would be end, even now Google know everything about your activities on internet, that Is a Reason I am scared to buy something illegal... And why I am using Opera as my Explorer.
You used the word illegal. The big thieves are the big-techs and they sell your information. Surveillance Capitalism has been practiced by google and facebook for a long time. Big G and the other tech companies have now joined the Surveillance Government club.

Are you using one of the Opera browsers with VPNs? Most likely still best to go through Tor even if you are using built in VPNs or paid VPN

Are using W10? If so hopefully you have done searches on:

"How To Turn-Off Windows 10 Spyware and User Product Quality Feedback"

Win10 gives Microsoft constant feedback about your habits and what files you have on your computer. You will need to make changes in your Registry and also in your Settings to ensure privacy

Win10 is too creepy for me. I am a huge fan of Legacy operating systems and software and use those whenever possible. I may eventually have to go to GNU if the big-tech-spys make it impossible for me to use Legacy-ware.

Broken man

You used the word illegal. The big thieves are the big-techs and they sell your information. Surveillance Capitalism has been practiced by google and facebook for a long time. Big G and the other tech companies have now joined the Surveillance Government club.

Are you using one of the Opera browsers with VPNs? Most likely still best to go through Tor even if you are using built in VPNs or paid VPN

Win10 gives Microsoft constant feedback about your habits and what files you have on your computer. You will need to make changes in your Registry and also in your Settings to ensure privacy

Win10 is too creepy for me. I am a huge fan of Legacy operating systems and software and use those whenever possible. I may eventually have to go to GNU if the big-tech-spys make it impossible for me to use Legacy-ware.
Ye, there was a thread about how to max your security but I cant find it now...

OP
B

Braveheart

Thanks for your comments re Win10 and Legacy...

LA

Thanks for your comments re Win10 and Legacy...
- and Thank you for posting your link!
re: Proton mail
I remember reading a few news articles in 2019 on the following subject shown in the link below:

I did not find the article I was seeking although some things were interesting. I still am sure not sure if was acquired by others or not although the article I read in 2019 said that Huawei wanted it and planned to simply be the owners (that is what goo said when they purchased youtube when it was fun) and continue as is . . .
- my husband and I had already decided not to continue with Proton. I dislike webmail so if I were going to pay in order to have pop or other type of delivery then I would pay nerdshack lavabit. My husband also tested proton he didn't enjoy the gui. we both have other ways to get rid of junk mail including mailwashers, sandboxies and backups. Otherwise since I am no special person like s.now.don or a.ssan.ge - I dont need a 'secret' email which apparently *might* be suspect. For me there are a few relatively good free email options from Germany and they are easily accessible in the US

Also, did you ever read this article?

OP
B

Braveheart

I remember reading a few news articles in 2019 on the following subject shown in the link below:

I did not find the article I was seeking although some things were interesting. I still am sure not sure if was acquired by others or not although the article I read in 2019 said that Huawei wanted it and planned to simply be the owners (that is what goo said when they purchased youtube when it was fun) and continue as is . . .
- my husband and I had already decided not to continue with Proton. I dislike webmail so if I were going to pay in order to have pop or other type of delivery then I would pay nerdshack lavabit. My husband also tested proton he didn't enjoy the gui. we both have other ways to get rid of junk mail including mailwashers, sandboxies and backups. Otherwise since I am no special person like s.now.don or a.ssan.ge - I dont need a 'secret' email which apparently *might* be suspect. For me there are a few relatively good free email options from Germany and they are easily accessible in the US

Well, that's surprising and disappointing....also I never liked/needed a secret email...time to move on maybe....suggestions?

livesimply

Thanks so much for that info about Proton Mail! I also do not need a "secret" email, and just deleted my free account which I set up but hadn't used.

LA

Well, that's surprising and disappointing....also I never liked/needed a secret email...time to move on maybe....suggestions?
Suggestions can backfire. I am reluctant to give you names of email providers I would recommend. You are smart you will find out what works best for you!
One time I suggested a vitamin A liquid on a vitamin site. Next the company stopped making it due to too many orders, etc. I am sure that would happen if I recommend anything on this forum. Also, there are a few things I tried from reading posts on this forum, which I have regretted and wished I had never tried. Everyone is different.
What has worked the best for me is to use email that can be read and reviewed without signing into the web and without downloading to my computer such as what can be done using email-filtering software so that email can be deleted when it is on the mail server before being downloaded. Aol and Yahoo no longer permit the use of the filtering software I prefer. Instead they offer access through one of their apps; no thanks. Hotmail was good until MSN purchased it. Basically not much Legacyware works with msn. Plus they have added too much bloat to their web mail for my enjoyment.
Most paid internet connections have email options that work as noted. The down is that internet companies are frequently sold and often change domain names after the buyout, which can cause confusion to those sending you email.
Email companies that will not permit you to EASILY delete your own sent and received email from their sites are creepy. It is highly advisable to be able to delete your email without having to log into their usually time consuming web-version.
What to AVOID
RMS has not updated these links since 2019. Since then things have gotten worse. His overviews are still terrific:
Reasons not to use Microsoft

OP
B

Braveheart

Suggestions can backfire. I am reluctant to give you names of email providers I would recommend. You are smart you will find out what works best for you!
One time I suggested a vitamin A liquid on a vitamin site. Next the company stopped making it due to too many orders, etc. I am sure that would happen if I recommend anything on this forum. Also, there are a few things I tried from reading posts on this forum, which I have regretted and wished I had never tried. Everyone is different.
What has worked the best for me is to use email that can be read and reviewed without signing into the web and without downloading to my computer such as what can be done using email-filtering software so that email can be deleted when it is on the mail server before being downloaded. Aol and Yahoo no longer permit the use of the filtering software I prefer. Instead they offer access through one of their apps; no thanks. Hotmail was good until MSN purchased it. Basically not much Legacyware works with msn. Plus they have added too much bloat to their web mail for my enjoyment.
Most paid internet connections have email options that work as noted. The down is that internet companies are frequently sold and often change domain names after the buyout, which can cause confusion to those sending you email.
Email companies that will not permit you to EASILY delete your own sent and received email from their sites are creepy. It is highly advisable to be able to delete your email without having to log into their usually time consuming web-version.
What to AVOID
RMS has not updated these links since 2019. Since then things have gotten worse. His overviews are still terrific:
Reasons not to use Microsoft
Thank you, I've already moved on to more appropriate email and search engines...thanks for the time you took to share your thoughts

LA

That's why I switched to Brave browser!

f/privacy
Brave Browser leaks your Tor / Onion service requests through DNS.
Submitted by Rambler on February 18, 2021 at 12:17 PM in privacy (edited on February 19, 2021 at 5:26 AM)

Edit: (Since this is gaining traction elsewhere.) I'm not trying to ***t on Brave. I'm just wanting to help protect end-users who may use Brave for it's Tor feature to do stuff over Tor that should only be done with the actual Tor browser. If you're using Brave you probably use it because you expect a certain level of privacy/anonymity. Piping .onion requests through DNS where your ISP or DNS provider can see that you made a request for an .onion site defeats that purpose.

I'm also no NetSec expert but you don't have to be to replicate this. I'm just a dude with some websites and projects and I'm not certain I would have taken notice of this if it wasn't reported to me by a partner on another project who witnessed this behavior when monitoring his local requests leaving his network. He'll be doing his own write-up and is more equipped to discuss this in length than me.

Testing out something that was noted a week or so ago, and wanting to replicate it for the purpose of this post.

Some of you know I'm working on an ad, tracker, and other BS blocking VPN service for an unrelated project to this site. Go to /f/incoghost (website) for more because I try to keep these things separated.

Anyhow, it was reported by a partner that Brave was leaking DNS requests for onion sites and I was able to confirm it at the time. Decided to spin up a VM with Brave and test with this site's Onion service (though it will do this for any .onion)

Example:
[snip - too much to copy and post ]

livesimply

f/privacy
Brave Browser leaks your Tor / Onion service requests through DNS.
Submitted by Rambler on February 18, 2021 at 12:17 PM in privacy (edited on February 19, 2021 at 5:26 AM)

Edit: (Since this is gaining traction elsewhere.) I'm not trying to ***t on Brave. I'm just wanting to help protect end-users who may use Brave for it's Tor feature to do stuff over Tor that should only be done with the actual Tor browser. If you're using Brave you probably use it because you expect a certain level of privacy/anonymity. Piping .onion requests through DNS where your ISP or DNS provider can see that you made a request for an .onion site defeats that purpose.

I'm also no NetSec expert but you don't have to be to replicate this. I'm just a dude with some websites and projects and I'm not certain I would have taken notice of this if it wasn't reported to me by a partner on another project who witnessed this behavior when monitoring his local requests leaving his network. He'll be doing his own write-up and is more equipped to discuss this in length than me.

Testing out something that was noted a week or so ago, and wanting to replicate it for the purpose of this post.

Some of you know I'm working on an ad, tracker, and other BS blocking VPN service for an unrelated project to this site. Go to /f/incoghost (website) for more because I try to keep these things separated.

Anyhow, it was reported by a partner that Brave was leaking DNS requests for onion sites and I was able to confirm it at the time. Decided to spin up a VM with Brave and test with this site's Onion service (though it will do this for any .onion)

Example:
[snip - too much to copy and post ]
Thanks for sharing this. I actually have no need for Tor services, I just like Brave for no tracking and no ads (except the couple from them every hour).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom