Big taurine + collagen doses = had the STINKIEST fart and diarhhea ever, can this be a gallbadder "flush"?

DonLore

So I have had big problems with digestion, or maybe its just a symptom of gallbladder and bile deficiency, all the signs point to that. So I started taking more collagen and especially took 10g taurine yesterday, and while feeling good otherwise, I had the worst smelling farts and one diarrhea that is unusual for me. Could this be toxic bile acids released due to taurine?

Nebula

Probably just unabsorbed taurine that gut bacteria have broken down into sulfur compounds.

OP
D

DonLore

Probably just unabsorbed taurine that gut bacteria have broken down into sulfur compounds.
Makes a lot of sense. Damn there are no easy answers when it comes to solving health issues. Do you know of ways to get the bile flowing? Carrot salad + mushrooms to keep things moving, some taurine, collagen and Bs to help liver and gallbladder, what else? Pregnenolone and DHEA and sunlight to stimulate normal bodily functions?

Nebula

Makes a lot of sense. Damn there are no easy answers when it comes to solving health issues. Do you know of ways to get the bile flowing? Carrot salad + mushrooms to keep things moving, some taurine, collagen and Bs to help liver and gallbladder, what else? Pregnenolone and DHEA and sunlight to stimulate normal bodily functions?
Small amounts of taurine (0.5-1 grams) with a meal containing fat should usually be enough. It might help to fully dissolve it in hot water first.

Kray

You can try adding digestive bitters before or after a meal.

RealNeat

Max Gerson would say coffee enemas.

Ben Greenfield's tutorial:

Last edited:

Neeters 27

drink Lemon water! coffee also helps release bile. I have been taking Taurine 3000 mgs daily for several years, i have avoided gallbladder removal thanks to taurine and lemon water! even at my last Ultrasound, no more gravel and sludge! Make sure you have some fat at every meal, to keep bile flowing. that was my Naturopath's advice. You know that people on extremely low fat diets, ruin their system, and once they start eating fat again, many end up in emergency with gallbladder stones and blocked bile ducts.

Kray

drink Lemon water! coffee also helps release bile. I have been taking Taurine 3000 mgs daily for several years, i have avoided gallbladder removal thanks to taurine and lemon water! even at my last Ultrasound, no more gravel and sludge! Make sure you have some fat at every meal, to keep bile flowing. that was my Naturopath's advice. You know that people on extremely low fat diets, ruin their system, and once they start eating fat again, many end up in emergency with gallbladder stones and blocked bile ducts.
@Neeters 27
If one has a diet high in taurine, is it safe to supplement up to 3g/day? What is your basis for 3g? I was thinking of starting at half that amount- 500mg caps- and would also like to know how to take. With/after meals, early in the day, etc. Thank you!

teds

Forum Supporter
But as @Neeters 27 says, make sure you have fat with it. It increases bile so if there’s nothing for it’s to breakdown etc then it can irritate the gut and diarrhea results. That was my experience as I was eating low fat and was taking taurine.. I also added tudca to see effects and it was significant bowel irritation. I’d start w the taurine and work dose up slowly- with fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals