Big Meals Vs. Small Meals

M

metabolizm

What works best for you: The conventional three large meals a day, or several smaller meals spread throughout the day?

I've definitely found that any time I indulge in a somewhat large meal, I get the "over-eating" signals: it tends to weigh heavy on my gut and cause a stress response. My gut seems to be happier with frequent small portions, depending on hunger, and depending on activity.

Do you think there's compelling evidence to suggest that either way is the best way to go?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always gone with a 16/8 window (ish), meaning eat three meals in an eight hour window, typically breakfast 8-9:00am, lunch 12-13:00 hours, dinner 18:00 hours.
Of course what you eat per meal could make a huge difference.

Maljam

I eat 2-3 big meals and feel good. I found experimenting with smaller meals kept me in the mindset of thinking about food constantly, compared to a big meal where I eat and allow myself to go about my day and dedicate my time fully into something other than gathering or preparing food.

What works best for you: The conventional three large meals a day, or several smaller meals spread throughout the day?

I've definitely found that any time I indulge in a somewhat large meal, I get the "over-eating" signals: it tends to weigh heavy on my gut and cause a stress response. My gut seems to be happier with frequent small portions, depending on hunger, and depending on activity.

Do you think there's compelling evidence to suggest that either way is the best way to go?

I find smaller meals digest faster. I hate being full and like more variety.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals