BIG FAT DIRTY PIG

Apple

never heard that tannins blocks digestion and are carcinogenic tbh,but the first infusion is where the nutrition is in honestly,even finishing the last infusion(in the traditional mate container with the metal straw)sips has water taste,so doing a second infusion with that maybe its literally nothing
I guess dosage should be considred .
I find that coffee is pretty stimulating for digestion, it helps me a lot
Yerba mate dumps my appetite , I can't eat anything after it.

清貴杉山

I guess dosage should be considred .
I find that coffee is pretty stimulating for digestion, it helps me a lot
Yerba mate dumps my appetite , I can't eat anything after it.
i feel the same with the appetite,im doing a maintenance phase rn,but when i was cutting i was drinking 2 servings of mate a day to keep hunger at bay,i know its not the best but worked wonderfull plus the caffeine gave me tons of focus and energy

SamuraiJack

it is just fat...I haven't noticed real worms in that video
I think acidic pepsi causes proteins to denaturate and tighten and they expel fat from inside...
Something like that happens when you bake meat
I don't think fat will look like and wiggle about like how parasites do..

SamuraiJack

Nevertheless i will recommend yerba mate for you guys,a serving of 30g dry herb has nearly the 60%of the RDI of thiamin,also excellent source of manganese and magnesium,potassium,chlorogenic acid,caffeine,etc etc
you can brew it like coffee in a french presss
Nutritional yeast is a huge source of natural thiamine. A spoon a day of the stuff and I'm good

清貴杉山

Nutritional yeast is a huge source of natural thiamine. A spoon a day of the stuff and I'm good
i forgot 100% about the existance of nutritional yeast,its peaty? its dead yeast after all,full of B complex and minerals,good quality protein too if im not wrong

SamuraiJack

i forgot 100% about the existance of nutritional yeast,its peaty? its dead yeast after all,full of B complex and minerals,good quality protein too if im not wrong
Not sure tbh but if it wasn't peaty I'd still take it. Yeah it's great and really tops up my B vits among some other minerals. I've not noticed any negatives from it.

This is the label from the brand I take. Only downside is the lack of b2 and b12. Also kinda high in iron if you guys have an issue with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-221851.png
    Screenshot_20210831-221851.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 20

清貴杉山

Not sure tbh but if it wasn't peaty I'd still take it. Yeah it's great and really tops up my B vits among some other minerals. I've not noticed any negatives from it.

This is the label from the brand I take. Only downside is the lack of b2 and b12. Also kinda high in iron if you guys have an issue with it.
be carefull with the fiber tho,of 5 grams of carbs are 4 fiber,nevertheless that micro chart looks insane,specially if you do low muscle meat like some peaters,that niacin and thiamine boost might be solid

Apple

No wonder so many people have hair problems on RP diet...
Without fortified bread/cereals/legumes and pork most people on here are vit B deficient.
Eating sugars and coffee makes it only worse

清貴杉山

No wonder so many people have hair problems on RP diet...
Without fortified bread/cereals/legumes and pork most people on here are vit B deficient.
yea,a lot end up using b complex supps,i prefer to eat some pork loin and drink mate,easy hit more than 100%rdi,among other foods like citrus fruit and masa harina

Apple

yea,a lot end up using b complex supps,i prefer to eat some pork loin and drink mate,easy hit more than 100%rdi,among other foods like citrus fruit and masa harina
I always had doubts about b complex supps, I used to consume tons of them .
On the other hand if I stop eating bread/oats for more than 2 weeks I start losing hair.
it takes about 2 weeks to deplete thiamine stores.

清貴杉山

I always had doubts about b complex supps, I used to consume tons of them .
On the other hand if I stop eating bread/oats for more than 2 weeks I start losing hair.
it takes about 2 weeks to deplete thiamine stores.
good to know,im on a cutting phase(rn maintenance)and iv been tracking food since 6 months now,never had any B complex lack days,if i dont eat pork i drink 2 servings of mate and that makes up everything

Apple

good to know,im on a cutting phase(rn maintenance)and iv been tracking food since 6 months now,never had any B complex lack days,if i dont eat pork i drink 2 servings of mate and that makes up everything
Yerba mate is very rich source of B vitamins and very cheap of all options.
If we could only figure out how to neutralize tannins.
Somebody mentioned that gelatin is pretty effective in binding tannins. (or vitamin-C-rich foods)

清貴杉山

Yerba mate is very rich source of B vitamins and very cheap of all options.
If we could only figure out how to neutralize tannins.
Somebody mentioned that gelatin is pretty effective in binding tannins. (or vitamin-C-rich foods)
i brew it with dry tangerine and orange peels too,for extra AI and polyphenols,taste amazing too

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"In pigs, stress and fear of all kinds right before slaughter—due to factors like rough handling, adverse conditions, fighting, or botched stunning—breaks down glycogen, making the meat pale, acidic, and crumbly. The technical name for this is "pale soft exudative" (PSE) meat, and it looks and tastes as unappetizing as it sounds. PSE meat is usually unsellable, and the pork industry loses $275 million a year on meat that has to be discarded because of pre-slaughter fear and stress. That's a huge chunk of change but it's not quite enough to spur large industrial farms to give their pigs a calmer, safer death. Because so much pork is sold as ground meat, according to the Atlantic, some of the lower-quality PSE meat can be snuck in without consumers noticing, so its effect on profits isn't nearly as high as the costs of improving conditions across the board."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"....you should care about ractopamine. Because of safety concerns, about 160 nations ban or restrict the use of this drug during pig production, including all countries in the European Union, Russia and China. But that hasn't stopped the U.S. pork industry from feeding it to an estimated 60 percent to 80 percent of American pigs to rapidly boost growth rates. If you buy pork at your local supermarket, chances are that it came from a ractopamine-treated pig."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Linoleic and linolenic acids, the "essential fatty acids," and other polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are now fed to pigs to fatten them, in the form of corn and soy beans, cause the animals' fat to be chemically equivalent to vegetable oil. In the late 1940s, chemical toxins were used to suppress the thyroid function of pigs, to make them get fatter while consuming less food. When that was found to be carcinogenic, it was then found that corn and soy beans had the same antithyroid effect, causing the animals to be fattened at low cost. The animals' fat becomes chemically similar to the fats in their food, causing it to be equally toxic, and equally fattening.

These oils are derived from seeds, but their abundance in some meat has led to a lot of confusion about "animal fats." Many researchers still refer to lard as a "saturated fat," but this is simply incorrect when pigs are fed soybeans and corn." -Ray Peat

Apple

The issues pork causes are long term like stroke heart attack and cancer. You don't think anything is wrong until it is too late. Did you read this study Apollo posted? It was very telling about what goes on with the blood eating different kinds of pork.

I'm wondering if aspirin is a good and sufficient measure against blood platelets aggregation caused by eating pork ...
Pork is very rich in K2...maybe that's why we are seeing platelets aggregation in those pictures ?

Peatful

I'm wondering if aspirin is a good and sufficient measure against blood platelets aggregation caused by eating pork ...
Pork is very rich in K2...maybe that's why we are seeing platelets aggregation in those pictures ?
Clarification: isn’t it the pork fat that holds the k2- and therefore the PUFA?

Apple

Clarification: isn’t it the pork fat that holds the k2- and therefore the PUFA?
it is just so confusing ...
We need k2 to prevent calcification of tissue
But K2 and K1 are responsible for making blood coagulate or thicken, to form a clot.
To prevent blood coagulation we need aspirin . And the other way around... to prevent bleeding from aspririn we need vit K.

Do we really need vit K and aspirin? :))

OP
Rinse & rePeat

How would the curing process change the K2?