BIG FAT DIRTY PIG

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I do
which cured meats do you use dont they have many additives/ingredients? or salt only?
n't eat much pork. Once in awhile I will use organic bacon without nitrates and Ray Peat refry it in refined coconut oil, or have some porchetta or other cured meat from Italy for a cheese plate, but that is only for a splurge a couple times a year.

Attachments

• 20210416_214559.jpg
    20210416_214559.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 4

Dr. B

I do
n't eat much pork. Once in awhile I will use organic bacon without nitrates and Ray Peat refry it in refined coconut oil, or have some porchetta or other cured meat from Italy for a cheese plate, but that is only for a splurge a couple times a year.
i heard nitrates are in celery and beet, apparently any oxidized fruit/vegetable develops nitrates?
do the natural fruit/veggie nitrates not have the effects of the sodium nitrite commonly added to meats?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
i heard nitrates are in celery and beet, apparently any oxidized fruit/vegetable develops nitrates?
do the natural fruit/veggie nitrates not have the effects of the sodium nitrite commonly added to meats?

If a person is sensitive to nitrates with migraines and such then the natural ones will probably be problematic still. Like I said it isn't anything I eat even monthly, very rarely.

Dr. B

If a person is sensitive to nitrates with migraines and such then the natural ones will probably be problematic still. Like I said it isn't anything I eat even monthly, very rarely.
apparently nitrites form in any fruit/veggie... is this an issue with dried fruit and do we need to immediately eat fruit before it oxidizes...

OP
Rinse & rePeat
apparently nitrites form in any fruit/veggie... is this an issue with dried fruit and do we need to immediately eat fruit before it oxidizes...

I don't know about the nitrate ange of fruits, but I know that overripe fruit is high in histamines, whichbcan be problematic. Otherwise I haven't heard Ray Peat recommend dried fruit, only perfectly ripe fruit.

Dr. B

I don't know about the nitrate ange of fruits, but I know that overripe fruit is high in histamines, whichbcan be problematic. Otherwise I haven't heard Ray Peat recommend dried fruit, only perfectly ripe fruit.
he said if you tolerate it its fine
but i wonder if theres any drawbacks to it. some say it can be heat promoting similar to cheese, since it lacks the liquid of a juice or regular fruit...

OP
Rinse & rePeat
he said if you tolerate it its fine
but i wonder if theres any drawbacks to it. some say it can be heat promoting similar to cheese, since it lacks the liquid of a juice or regular fruit...
I am not saying it's poison like PUFA's just problematic in other ways. Anytime you see the phrase, "if you tolerate it", you know it has some cons.

Dr. B

Great thread. If these videos don't put people off pork for life then nothing will.
I knew pork had parasites/worms but not this many.
There's a reason why God has banned pork in religions such as Islam. Rinse, you've made many reasons very clear!
are the old testament restrictions on pork meant for everyone, of all times?
also what are pigs meant for? to just roam freely and be left alone, not to be used as farm animals or pets?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
wow...that's so awful
Did you try to repeat this experiment ?
I don't have any Pepsi handy now.
Sure there is some explanation of it apart from worms
I posted others videos of the same in this thread. Not every pork chop is gonna have them, but the point is pork tends to have them and if you don't pour the Coke on them how would you know? I wanted to give the experiment a try, but I am afraid I couldn't stomach it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Great thread. If these videos don't put people off pork for life then nothing will.
I knew pork had parasites/worms but not this many.
There's a reason why God has banned pork in religions such as Islam. Rinse, you've made many reasons very clear!

Thanks Samarai! I had heard for decades knew they had little ones, but I was shocked about the big ones!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
are the old testament restrictions on pork meant for everyone, of all times?
also what are pigs meant for? to just roam freely and be left alone, not to be used as farm animals or pets?

Everything is part of the food chain. I think other animals are meant to eat them. At very least others that came before us figured how to make it safer with pickling and curing, like Apollo's study proves.

清貴杉山

i was on a raw primal diet for 3 4 months and had eaten raw meat for years now,never had an issue,raw pork,raw chicken and ruminants too

OP
Rinse & rePeat
i was on a raw primal diet for 3 4 months and had eaten raw meat for years now,never had an issue,raw pork,raw chicken and ruminants too

The issues pork causes are long term like stroke heart attack and cancer. You don't think anything is wrong until it is too late. Did you read this study Apollo posted? It was very telling about what goes on with the blood eating different kinds of pork.

清貴杉山

The issues pork causes are long term like stroke heart attack and cancer. You don't think anything is wrong until it is too late. Did you read this study Apollo posted? It was very telling about what goes on with the blood eating different kinds of pork.

i read that alredy,"The meats (1), (2) and (5) were cooked over low heat in a cast iron skillet for up to one hour," after cooking 1 hs a pork chop is no meat but charcoal,also,what the individuals did after leaving the lab?the smoked a pack of 10?they drank 1 pint of beer?i dont really get the hate among pork,i really cant eat beef anymore i got sick of it,i prefer way more chicken and pork,plus they are both cheaper and more avaliable in higher quality

清貴杉山

im really used to marinate my pork with vinegar and a bit of soy sauce amont other herbs and spices tho,and apparently marinated cooked pork is not blood clothing

OP
Rinse & rePeat
im really used to marinate my pork with vinegar and a bit of soy sauce amont other herbs and spices tho,and apparently marinated cooked pork is not blood clothing
Yes exactly, but how many people do that? No wonder cancer, heart attack and stroke rates are so much higher than they were in the old day!

Dr. B

Yes exactly, but how many people do that? No wonder cancer, heart attack and stroke rates are so much higher than they were in the old day!
are those maggot worms in those pork videos edible? its gross to think, if you cook the pork, they probably just explode during the cooking, so youre eating pork meat mixed with some liquefied maggot juices

now have you eaten or would you consider eating black ants or black ant extract powder? there seem to be a lot of supplements on amazon, it apparently can act as a steroid

清貴杉山

are those maggot worms in those pork videos edible? its gross to think, if you cook the pork, they probably just explode during the cooking, so youre eating pork meat mixed with some liquefied maggot juices

now have you eaten or would you consider eating black ants or black ant extract powder? there seem to be a lot of supplements on amazon, it apparently can act as a steroid
tbh time to time i leave outside the kitchen a spoonfull of honey and after that i eat the ants,i feel a anergy rush after that deadass

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals