Big Bang Theory's Days May Be Numbered

youngandold

Why not consider a Big Fart instead of a Big Bang?

A billion year long succession of explosions Big Fart would explain many things that the Big Bang theory can't.

Hollywood would love it as they routinely depict farts as funny. Why?

CoolTweetPete

I always wonder if these guys playing with the LHC might inadvertently create something they can't uncreate and doom us all :crazy:

Parsifal

Does Peat endorse another alternative view of cosmology to explain the creation of the universe?

Barry Obummer

Cern uses a lot of esoteric occult symbolism. They have 2 short films called "symmetry" and "my pet goat II." If it doesn't creep you out I'll eat my hat.

OP
artemis

artemis

Does Peat endorse another alternative view of cosmology to explain the creation of the universe?

I know he does not subscribe to the Big Bang Theory but rather follows the ideas of people like Halton Arp, who believed in (or proved, it could be argued) in things like multi-universes, and interacting and merging galaxies. I think he talked about it on one of the "Politics and Science" radio interviews.

Parsifal

I know he does not subscribe to the Big Bang Theory but rather follows the ideas of people like Halton Arp, who believed in (or proved, it could be argued) in things like multi-universes, and interacting and merging galaxies. I think he talked about it on one of the "Politics and Science" radio interviews.

Interesting, thanks! So he believes in the expansion of the universe?

OP
artemis

artemis

Interesting, thanks! So he believes in the expansion of the universe?

No, he doesn't. The expansion theory goes along with the Big Bang Theory. He believes in/has shown that the universe is in a "steady state."