Bicarbonate Vs. PaCO2 Blood Tests

Blinkyrocket

gbolduev said:
Blinkyrocket said:
gbolduev said:
Because if you are in alkalosis your ionized calcium is LOW since it is bound to a protein in blood. If you breath less you increase CO2 and that lowers PH of your blood increasing ionized calcium which goes and does its job.

Everyone has their own disorders, some are in alkalosis some are in acidosis. Why are you asking me these questions? LMAO

Low or high histamine and low or high calcium both situations will have allergies, and you see 2 of these situations are handled differently))) but PEAT talks as everyone has the same imbalances and high estrogens))) or serotonin. Actually Peat himself talks about context all the time. but his followers just refuse to listen to him since that would complicate things)))

if I am a moron to you , then you are a monkey to me. You dont grasp simple things I explain and call people morons. LMAO
I grasp them, I just don't believe them based on personal observations. I edit my posts often, I wasn't satisfied with the point I was making by calling you a moron.

Listen personal observations have to do with your body chemistry. If you provided your ABGs here, I would tell you what is going with you in 2 seconds, what to eat what do drink how to sleep and breath. But all people are different, some drink some sit on their asses ,some jerk off non stop, some smoke, some eat , some dont eat etc. Their ABGs are all different . That is my point. That is why I am saying that recommending CO2 for someone with respiratory disease is death sentence. But CO2 for someone with alkalosis is very good.
In order to do that I'd have to let some people stick a needle in my artery and is it true that the atmospheric air can contaminate the results?

gbolduev

Blinkyrocket said:
gbolduev said:
Because if you are in alkalosis your ionized calcium is LOW since it is bound to a protein in blood. If you breath less you increase CO2 and that lowers PH of your blood increasing ionized calcium which goes and does its job.

Everyone has their own disorders, some are in alkalosis some are in acidosis. Why are you asking me these questions? LMAO

Low or high histamine and low or high calcium both situations will have allergies, and you see 2 of these situations are handled differently))) but PEAT talks as everyone has the same imbalances and high estrogens))) or serotonin. Actually Peat himself talks about context all the time. but his followers just refuse to listen to him since that would complicate things)))

You want me to back up what I am saying here with studies? LMAO This is learnt in the first semester in med school. Just open biochemistry book and learn. You seem not to have knowledge to understand studies, why would you even read them
School teaches you what they want you to know and sometimes gets it right but they're people too, they don't have the handbook of the universe.

I have homeschool friends who grew up reading history books that say Abraham Lincoln was pro-slavery and was forced against his will to abolish it. That's their facts, maybe they're right, it sounds like something America would wanna cover up.

It is not about right or wrong. This stuff is used in emergency rooms and not by regular doctors that is the problem. If doctors treated people as if they were in an emergency room on a daily basis, then everything would be fine and dandy. BUt their goal is to get you into the emergency room))) but trust me they know their stuff if you get there. PH and gases are one of the hardest aspects of medicine. And they are taught very well since that is life and death at that point.

Just do cap. blood sample. that is more accurate. You can do artery , that is usually not a problem. You can do a vein also , then adjust results.

Blinkyrocket

gbolduev said:
Blinkyrocket said:
gbolduev said:

You want me to back up what I am saying here with studies? LMAO This is learnt in the first semester in med school. Just open biochemistry book and learn. You seem not to have knowledge to understand studies, why would you even read them
School teaches you what they want you to know and sometimes gets it right but they're people too, they don't have the handbook of the universe.

I have homeschool friends who grew up reading history books that say Abraham Lincoln was pro-slavery and was forced against his will to abolish it. That's their facts, maybe they're right, it sounds like something America would wanna cover up.

It is not about right or wrong. This stuff is used in emergency rooms and not by regular doctors that is the problem. If doctors treated people as if they were in an emergency room on a daily basis, then everything would be fine and dandy. BUt their goal is to get you into the emergency room))) but trust me they know their stuff if you get there. PH and gases are one of the hardest aspects of medicine. And they are taught very well since that is life and death at that point.

Just do cap. blood sample. that is more accurate. You can do artery , that is usually not a problem. You can do a vein also , then adjust results.
From what I've seen on TV epinephrine is used a lot in the emergency room, epinephrine isn't a good hormone for everyday life. Pretty much unrelated but you said if doctors treated us like we were in the emergency room we'd be fine :P

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
gbolduev said:
Haidut

glutathione wont stay up if you have low SODS. Low Sods will increase the need for B2 and B2 is needed for glutathione. Aminos can raise glutathione in certain cases. But without B2 you wont have glutathione working

Anything that speeds up metabolism creates oxidative stress and required SODs plus tons of B2. That is why taking hormones can be very rough for someone who is really sick and toxic with metals.

In that case you and Peat are saying the same thing. He keeps telling people that if metabolism rises this will dramatically increase need for nutrients, especially B vitamins and minerals.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/sugar-issues.shtml

"...Burr's experimental diet consisted of purified casein (milk protein) and purified sucrose, supplemented with a vitamin concentrate and some minerals. Several of the B vitamins weren't known at the time, and the mineral mixture lacked zinc, copper, manganese, molybdenum, and selenium. More of the essential nutrients were unknown in his time than in Yudkin's, so his failure to consider the possibility of other nutritional deficiencies affecting health is more understandable.
In 1933, Burr observed that his fat-deficient rats consumed oxygen at an extremely high rate, and even then, the thought didn't occur to him that other nutritional deficiencies might have been involved in the condition he described. Ordinarily, the need for vitamins and minerals corresponds to the rate at which calories are being burned, the metabolic rate. Burr recalled that the rats on the fat free diet drank more water, and he reasoned that the absence of linoleic or linolenic acid in their skin was allowing water vapor to escape at a high rate. He didn't explain why the saturated fats the rats were synthesizing from sugar didn't serve at least as well as a "vapor barrier"; they are more effective at water-proofing than unsaturated fats, because of their greater hydrophobicity. The condensed and cross-linked keratin protein in skin cells is the main reason for the skin's relatively low permeability. When an animal is burning calories at a higher rate, its sweat glands are more actively maintaining a normal body temperature, cooling by evaporation; the amount of water evaporated is an approximate measure of metabolic rate, and of thyroid function."

sunmountain

Gbolduev

Yes, it is Rifaximin. Also Berberine (Biotics Research). GI's protocol is Rifaximin 550 x 3/day and Berberine 1g x 2/day. For 14 days. He feels the combination is better for the methanogens.

I can add plankton. But please give some guideline for dosage. Like is 2 capsules with each Rifaximin too much? Maybe 1 capsule x 3/day? I can continue taking it after the antibiotics.

I am going to start protocol this Sunday.

Also, I have been using activated charcoal lately quite frequently to mop up gas and toxins. At the end of the day 2 hours after last food. I am planning to use it during antibiotic protocol to help lessen toxin load. AC really helps a lot these days.

I will stay with Rifaximin/Berberine now and not substitue MB just yet. I am a bit afraid of how much MB ramps up my energy level. Plus I would need to reorder it, and I have arranged friends to look in on me while I go through this protocol, starting sunday.

Can you say something about repopulating the gut? Will plankton do the job by itself, or do you think probiotics are needed?

Thank you

sunmountain

Gbolduev

I started the antibiotics last night. Two doses so far -- last night and at 8am this morning. Had breakfast late and took one plankton after breakfast. Feeling very tired after one plankton.

I don't understand. I was taking a lot more earlier, and didn't feel this tired until after several days. Now one capsule is making me SO tired. I don't think I can take more than one capsule a day, at this rate!

I need to be able to function, as I do work part time. Let's see how long I can stay with feeling this tired, and still function halfway.

sunmountain

This morning and afternoon felt a lot of stiffness in muscles. Took less than a quarter tsp of ceylon cinnamon (thanks, Haidut), and it improved within minutes!

What could be causing ammonia buildup? (Hoping Haidut will chime in.)

I can't believe one capsule of plankton which I had this morning would cause so much muscle stiffness. Can antibiotic die off also cause ammonia build up?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
sunmountain said:
This morning and afternoon felt a lot of stiffness in muscles. Took less than a quarter tsp of ceylon cinnamon (thanks, Haidut), and it improved within minutes!

What could be causing ammonia buildup? (Hoping Haidut will chime in.)

I can't believe one capsule of plankton which I had this morning would cause so much muscle stiffness. Can antibiotic die off also cause ammonia build up?

I haven't used plankton so not sure what may be causing this. Why do you think it is ammonia?

InChristAlone

gbolduev said:
Jannel

If you have low cortisol. You already contradict what Peat says. Cyproheptadine causes cortisol rebound which you feel very good on. Meaning that cortisol base actually goes up in your case not down.

Peat has good ideas but in my mind explains them not correctly. The problem with inflammation is that many people that are protein deficient because of pacnreas have high BASE cortisol. SO when you get stress reaction your aldosterone goes up inflames everything and then cortisol should go up to take care of inflammation. If base cortisol is high , the spike in cortisol is smaller than that of aldosterone.Chronic inflammation sets it.

Cyproheptadine stops cortisol secretion and then there is a rebound which makes you feel good since it takes cares of inflammation.

Also dont forget Cyproheptadine lowers acetylcholine. Many people with copper deficiency are high in acetylcholine. HIGH acetylcholine will give you allergies and abnormal stress reactions.

To regulate sugar you need pancreas)))) to regulate cortisol you need pancreas , not the adrenals as many think. Pancreas run on mostly SODs, meaning copper zinc and manganese. Any deficiency in any of these you are screwed with cortisol and sugar.

Gastrin can be impaired lets say by tin deficiency.

Also very questionable moment in Peats statements. He said you need to increase thyroid to retain copper. LMAO

Is that why 95% people have high copper and iron content in their livers when they die?

It is not about retaining copper , it is about using it. And it has nothing to do with thyroid, it has to do with PH and adrenals. If your adrenals are down, copper wont be used , you will store it in the liver.

And eating purines like liver same as vegan food will make you feel good at first since your bioavailable copper is low. But then in 2 years you will crash so hard it is not even funny. I dealt with vegans and all of them had copper overload after 2-3 years. And their livers crashed.

I hope this helps

Hi gbolduev,

I'm not so sure I am fast oxidizer anymore, just got a hair test back and I'm so confused! Could you help me?

I have elevated calcium and magnesium (although I had been taking epsom salt baths so that might skew that result)

It says I have slow metabolism parasympathetic dominant.

low sodium, low copper, low sodium/potassium, high calcium/potassium, high zinc/copper, low sodium/magnesium

See thing is I have high pulse and temps usually, and am thin struggle to gain weight. The results were right that I tend toward low blood pressure and constipation. But it tells me to avoid sugar and dairy... well this is my diet! haha.

Amazoniac

gbolduev said:
As I mentioned before. I go by my own studies aka blood tests in this case. I collected quite a population for 2 years when I helped people.

gbolduev,

Which common patterns emerged regarding nutrient deficiencies? Do they match the mainstream consensus? And what about those that you suspect of but couldn't prove?

sunmountain

Haidut, I think it is ammonia because the muscle stiffness felt better after a 1/4 tsp ceylon cinnamon. I recall you had posted somewhere that if one feels better after cinnamon, that it is a good bet for ammonia.

Also I looked up die off on the internet, and muscle stiffness is a common symptom. :oops:

What can be possible causes of muscle stiffness during antibiotic course, other than ammonia buildup?

Thanks so much!

gbolduev

sunmountain said:
Haidut, I think it is ammonia because the muscle stiffness felt better after a 1/4 tsp ceylon cinnamon. I recall you had posted somewhere that if one feels better after cinnamon, that it is a good bet for ammonia.

Also I looked up die off on the internet, and muscle stiffness is a common symptom. :oops:

What can be possible causes of muscle stiffness during antibiotic course, other than ammonia buildup?

Thanks so much!

I think you are missing manganese. It all points to it. That is why you are helped by cinnamon which is heavily manganese oriented. Manganese is needed for ammonia breakdown.

This also could happen if you are chelating copper. You will have ammonia and stiffness big time. Stick to it and you can add manganese alone or as cinnamon.

gbolduev

Janelle525 said:
gbolduev said:
Jannel

If you have low cortisol. You already contradict what Peat says. Cyproheptadine causes cortisol rebound which you feel very good on. Meaning that cortisol base actually goes up in your case not down.

Peat has good ideas but in my mind explains them not correctly. The problem with inflammation is that many people that are protein deficient because of pacnreas have high BASE cortisol. SO when you get stress reaction your aldosterone goes up inflames everything and then cortisol should go up to take care of inflammation. If base cortisol is high , the spike in cortisol is smaller than that of aldosterone.Chronic inflammation sets it.

Cyproheptadine stops cortisol secretion and then there is a rebound which makes you feel good since it takes cares of inflammation.

Also dont forget Cyproheptadine lowers acetylcholine. Many people with copper deficiency are high in acetylcholine. HIGH acetylcholine will give you allergies and abnormal stress reactions.

To regulate sugar you need pancreas)))) to regulate cortisol you need pancreas , not the adrenals as many think. Pancreas run on mostly SODs, meaning copper zinc and manganese. Any deficiency in any of these you are screwed with cortisol and sugar.

Gastrin can be impaired lets say by tin deficiency.

Also very questionable moment in Peats statements. He said you need to increase thyroid to retain copper. LMAO

Is that why 95% people have high copper and iron content in their livers when they die?

It is not about retaining copper , it is about using it. And it has nothing to do with thyroid, it has to do with PH and adrenals. If your adrenals are down, copper wont be used , you will store it in the liver.

And eating purines like liver same as vegan food will make you feel good at first since your bioavailable copper is low. But then in 2 years you will crash so hard it is not even funny. I dealt with vegans and all of them had copper overload after 2-3 years. And their livers crashed.

I hope this helps

Hi gbolduev,

I'm not so sure I am fast oxidizer anymore, just got a hair test back and I'm so confused! Could you help me?

I have elevated calcium and magnesium (although I had been taking epsom salt baths so that might skew that result)

It says I have slow metabolism parasympathetic dominant.

low sodium, low copper, low sodium/potassium, high calcium/potassium, high zinc/copper, low sodium/magnesium

See thing is I have high pulse and temps usually, and am thin struggle to gain weight. The results were right that I tend toward low blood pressure and constipation. But it tells me to avoid sugar and dairy... well this is my diet! haha.

You can PM me, we can figure it out. I am super busy these days, sorry if I dont answer quickly. No time at all.

tara

sunmountain said:

As well as the other theories above, I'm guessing antibiotic die-off could temporarily increase endotoxin load on the whole system. That part of the issue could be expected to improve over a few days if transit is reasonable, as there are fewer bacteria left to kill off.

Blinkyrocket

sunmountain said:

Thanks so much!
Lol! I thought u said you looked up a symptom of dying and it was stiffness and I was gonna say... "Well, yeah" :lol:

sunmountain

Gbolduev,

Thanks again! The cinnamon is working fine for now, but if it is needed frequently, then I may turn to manganese, as Haidut cautioned against frequent use of cinnamon.

I'm continuing with the plankton. Two so far today. Might take a third and see if it contributes to ammonia or not.

Is it alright to take the plankton at the same time as the antibiotics?

The Rifaximin is cause water retention. Do you have any suggestions to alleviate that?

Thanks!

sunmountain

Allright, Gbolduev, you got it...I'm feeling sinusy today. Not that I have a cold or runny nose or anything, but feeling sinusy and headachey. Took another pinch cinnamon for muscles today. Doing activated charcoal and cascara every night to sweep toxins and keep things moving along.

So you're saying I'm going to be miserable for a month?

Keeping water retention at bay with progest-e and high gamma vitamin E.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
gbolduev said:
Haidut

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... -is-false/

This is so true as far as I am concerned. So researchers that make their models based on studies are very very far off.

I agree with it also. Actually, the number is close to 90% as shown by this guy:
http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/20/a ... -is-wrong/
http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/a ... ed.0020124

Btw, you also cite studies - like the one 100mg niacinamide raising serotonin. There are several other studies showing in high doses niacinamide acts like a serotonin antimetabolite and blocks its effects.
So, bottom line is that we are all biased.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals