Beyond Meat "healthy" Fake Meat

aquaman

Roll up everyone and purchase HEALTHY synthetic meat, Beyond Meat, which will make you super healthy because you're no longer eating cancer-causing natural red meat.

Everyone knows meat causes cancer, so eat this factory-prepared, chemical-laden alternative to become SUPER HEALTHY:

"Its ingredients are pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, water, yeast extract, maltodextrin, “natural” flavourings, gum arabic, sunflower oil, salt, succinic acid, acetic acid, modified food starch, cellulose from bamboo, methylcellulose, potato starch, ascorbic acid, annatto extract, citrus fruit extract and glycerin. In addition, it contains beetroot juice extract to ape a meaty red colour."

GET SOME HEALTH!

giphy.gif

It's not supposed to be "healthy." It's a product that's serving a demand for those kinds of items, something to be used socially for someone who doesn't consume meat. And even if one thought it were healthy, that same logic can be applied to any food item. "Healthy" is subjective.

because you're no longer eating cancer-causing natural red meat.

Peat doesn't eat much red muscle meat at all and has said that it "turns off" the thyroid gland, has too much phosphate, has too much cancer causing iron and amino acids so your comment is odd.

so eat this factory-prepared

Does 100% of the food you ingest not come from being factory-prepared? Do you not ingest any food additives at all? Is your milk, cheese, eggs, and meat 100% grass/pasture fed from birth to death with no corn/soy/antibiotics/hormones at all? Because if not then that's hypocritical.

Last edited:

michael94

I was given a free couon and I hated the way it smelled in the package uncooked, very artificial and petrol like
looking back thats a good thing, petrol is good medicine , diesel even better

Xisca

What a catastrophe about people who can think that we can make healthier than nature!

Lejeboca

"Its ingredients are pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, water, yeast extract, maltodextrin, “natural” flavourings, gum arabic, sunflower oil, salt, succinic acid, acetic acid, modified food starch, cellulose from bamboo, methylcellulose, potato starch, ascorbic acid, annatto extract, citrus fruit extract and glycerin. In addition, it contains beetroot juice extract to ape a meaty red colour."

Guess the one thing it does not contain ? :):
SAUSAGE.jpg

lvysaur

I was given a free couon and I hated the way it smelled in the package uncooked, very artificial and petrol like
Yeah, I tried the impossible burger once and it reminded me of the taste of burnt rubber.

There's nothing wrong with an actual veggie burger or a mushroom burger if it's not cooked in PUFA

David PS

I think they tastes good but I haven't eaten meat in 20 years so I have forgotten what animal meat tastes like.
I was surprised at how fatty tasting the vegan sausages were, not sure if that is what animal sausages are like but too many fatty foods make me feel lethargic so I can only handle a couple at a time.
They were pretty tasty with saurkraut and Dijon mustard though

B

BRBsavinWorld

I think they tastes good but I haven't eaten meat in 20 years so I have forgotten what animal meat tastes like.
I was surprised at how fatty tasting the vegan sausages were, not sure if that is what animal sausages are like but too many fatty foods make me feel lethargic so I can only handle a couple at a time.
They were pretty tasty with saurkraut and Dijon mustard though
I eat traditional, real sausage, and unless it’s a special breakfast sausage, they are pretty lean, actually.

B

BRBsavinWorld

It's not supposed to be "healthy." It's a product that's serving a demand for those kinds of items, something to be used socially for someone who doesn't consume meat. And even if one thought it were healthy, that same logic can be applied to any food item. "Healthy" is subjective.

Peat doesn't eat much red muscle meat at all and has said that it "turns off" the thyroid gland, has too much phosphate, has too much cancer causing iron and amino acids so your comment is odd.

Does 100% of the food you ingest not come from being factory-prepared? Do you not ingest any food additives at all? Is your milk, cheese, eggs, and meat 100% grass/pasture fed from birth to death with no corn/soy/antibiotics/hormones at all? Because if not then that's hypocritical.
Yes, there are caveats to meat consumption.

But, Ray’s a fan of red meat, compared to other protein sources (except dairy), he believes it must be balanced with gelatin and calcium. He doesn’t advise white meat, nor does he consider vegetable proteins to be as optimal. He’s also obviously a fan of the glandulars and organs, that animals provide.

He is currently experimenting with a low methionine diet, which will necessitate cutting back on virtually all protein sources except casein (animal).

You will also, absolutely, develop an iron deficiency. Just because people have too much iron in the diet, doesn’t mean he believes it’s bad, just that it must be lowered. He says that long term dairy/potato fasts are bad, precisely because of iron deficiency.

ruminant livestock fed soybeans are the not the same as eating strait seed oils (not counting the toxins in beyond meat, like maltodextrin, anatto, starches, etc). It is well understood, that bovine fed soy and corn, is far more digestible to humans, than strait soy and corn. This is pretty much a fundamentally agreed upon thing in the Ray Peat sphere.

health is absolutely objective, and zero percent subjective.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals