Beyond A Century Will No Longer Have Their Own Powders

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have done business with Peter over at Vitaspace and was extremely happy with his service. His packaging was really good, and he would also send the readouts with the labs analysis of the product so that was neat to check out. And he answered a million of my questions. :lol:

https://www.vitaspace.com

Just tell him Charlie from Ray Peat Forum sent ya!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just had a chat with Peter and asked him if he was able to source pure "acetylsalicylic acid" for us. He usually can only get it in huge quantities. But he said he is going to work on getting a smaller quantity of it and would let me know soon as he hears something.

jaguar43

What does this mean for the pregnenolone they sale? I have notice a different texture to the pregnenolone. More grainy.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Thanks Charlie, I will add Vitaspace to the list tomorrow, and the lab analyses certainly inspires some confidence. When I did a search on Build Your Own Blend, someone was complaining that they received a totally mislabeled product, which could be pretty serious.

jag2594, as far as I can tell, the pregnenolone has already sold out. Apparently they are looking at replacements, so hopefully that works out.

And I noticed the same thing with the bottle of BAC pregnenolone I got ~2 months ago, much more clumpy.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

And to be clear, it sounded like the Build Your Own Blend issue was with a single batch and that the seller made things right.

Ingenol

I was unable to find any suppliers of pregnenolone powder in reasonable quantities in my searches.

Ingenol

Ingenol said:
I was unable to find any suppliers of pregnenolone powder in reasonable quantities in my searches.
Oh cool didn't see you already have an alternate source! :]

jaguar43

Dan Wich said:
Thanks Charlie, I will add Vitaspace to the list tomorrow, and the lab analyses certainly inspires some confidence. When I did a search on Build Your Own Blend, someone was complaining that they received a totally mislabeled product, which could be pretty serious.

jag2594, as far as I can tell, the pregnenolone has already sold out. Apparently they are looking at replacements, so hopefully that works out.

And I noticed the same thing with the bottle of BAC pregnenolone I got ~2 months ago, much more clumpy.

Does this mean that they are not selling pregnenolone anymore or does it mean that they are selling it but selling a low quality pregnenolone? If so any more good sources of pregnenolone.

J

j.

The best selling pregnenolone at amazon seems to be Life Extension. The best selling at iherb seems to be something like MRM pregnenolone, but life extension has two units, with different quantities. I wonder if the combined sales of these two products of the same brand (but different dosage) surpass MRM, which would make life extension the best selling brand at iherb too.

jaguar43

j. said:
The best selling pregnenolone at amazon seems to be Life Extension. The best selling at iherb seems to be something like MRM pregnenolone, but life extension has two units, with different quantities. I wonder if the combined sales of these two products of the same brand (but different dosage) surpass MRM, which would make life extension the best selling brand at iherb too.

how does it compare to beyond a century pregnenolone. HAve you tried it before, any info would be great, thanks

J

j.

jag2594 said:
how does it compare to beyond a century pregnenolone. HAve you tried it before, any info would be great, thanks

I actually haven't tried any pregnenolone yet, other than whatever remains in cow's brain.

jaguar43

j. said:
jag2594 said:

I actually haven't tried any pregnenolone yet, other than whatever remains in cow's brain.

Thats probably a better source, I been trying to find organ meats other than the standard legal ones. I wish the farmers had more courage to sell me some instead of being afraid.

jaguar43

Dan Wich said:
For anyone that's missed the news, Beyond a Century is no longer going to carry their own pure supplement powders.

As far as I can tell, they've already sold out of all of our commonly-used supplements except Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B1.

For others that I've heard of people using, I'm working on a "replacing Beyond a Century" list. Haven't come up with much so far (for pure powders) except for Health Natura and PureBulk.

have you tried the pregnenolone that you cite on your website? any feedback thanks

OP
Dan W

Dan W

jag2594 said:
I'm thinking the Health Natura is the best bet right now. I haven't tried it myself (only Beyond a Century), but someone on the facebook group was satisfied with it.

On the non-powder versions, LEF has silica (which Peat dislikes), and I'm a little suspicious of the "Capsule Is Made Of Plant Cellulose" part of the MRM in case it's hydroxylpropyl methylcellulose. Although you could just empty out the capsules. At some point I'll contact MRM and also build a page of every non-powder pregnenolone supplement ingredient.

j. said:
And here I thought I was brave for eating liver.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Also, some people have mentioned PureBulk including excipients that aren't listed on their web site. I'll be contacting them for details, but it seems like Charlie's recommendation is probably the better option for all the B-vitamins.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

A few updates:

• Peter at Vitaspace has pregnenolone powder, it's just unlisted. Unfortunately, the minimum order is 1kg, so we're talking many hundreds of dollars. By my calculations, that would last a typical person 30 years :lol:
  • PureBulk has confirmed to me that all of the powders I listed are pure, without excipients. They're probably the best option if you're ordering a bunch of different powders.
  • I went through all of the pregnenolone capsules/tablets I could find, and I (partly subjectively) think Swanson Ultra Super-Strength and Pure Encapsulations are the best options additives-wise.

4peatssake

Dan Wich said:
A few updates:

• Peter at Vitaspace has pregnenolone powder, it's just unlisted. Unfortunately, the minimum order is 1kg, so we're talking many hundreds of dollars. By my calculations, that would last a typical person 30 years :lol:
  • PureBulk has confirmed to me that all of the powders I listed are pure, without excipients. They're probably the best option if you're ordering a bunch of different powders.
  • I went through all of the pregnenolone capsules/tablets I could find, and I (partly subjectively) think Swanson Ultra Super-Strength and Pure Encapsulations are the best options additives-wise.
Thanks for all this incredible work, Dan!

:hattip

OP
Dan W

Dan W

And thank you for the aspirin tip, so a :hattip right back atcha!

OP
Dan W

Dan W

I forgot to update this thread, but the Health Natura guy is actually willing to sell reasonable doses of pregnenolone (10g and up). So I consider him the "Beyond a Century replacement" for now. You do have to get a personal price quote by e-mailing him using the address on the site, or calling 205-758-3373.