Beware Haidut's products, landed someone in the hospital

Jonk

I've tried maybe 10-15 different ideallabs research chems and supplements, have no complaint whatsoever. It's obviously very important to know what you are doing when supplementing isolated substances but let's be real, the risk with ideallabs products is very low compared to a lot of commercially sold supplements and medicine.

BrianF

Been using his products for years, they are generally excellent. How did you end up in hospital; did you swallow the plastic bottle?

Peater

I've used Camphosal with no side effects at all. I'm not interested in some literally who probably bad actor from Preddit.

shine

Many many years ago after a hard workout I covered myself in Franzbranntwein, which is basically ethanol and camphor, and rubbed it into my muscles all over my body. I used like half a bottle. I got dizzy, my heart rate shot up, my blood pressure was through the roof and I couldn't sleep all night.

I was an idiot because I overdosed on camphor. Franzbranntwein is not a bad product because of my mistake.
Same goes to the person who posted it, they are an idiot for taking too much of a potent product.

AlaskaJono

I was considering buying some of his products but thankfully came across this:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/raypeat/comments/oy6ma2/be_careful_with_haiduts_supplements_and_the_forum/

You want to play around with your health and ingest something a guy concocted in his basement- well just a matter of time you end up like the above person.

Who knows how much of the product he took. What was his diet like? did he have poor digestion, high blood pressure, contant headaches, then takes too much of a substance then pass out and have to go to hospital? That is what is a possible scenario. We do not know.

If one does want to hand the responsibility over to the 'experts' then go see a doctor. And when he gives you a drug that causes a problem, at least you had expert advice. All the way to your 5 jab. Either be responsible for your health as much as possible, or outsource it and get on down the road.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No, this sure isn't an echo chamber (I'm new but have read for months), but holy moly Reddit sure is! Every sub has devolved into the loony 'left' (who think they are democrats or liberals but pretty much just hate the orange dude :) ) making everything political. I read that entire thread and it was insane, reminded me why I never go to reddit anymore - as I don't find intelligent discussion there. There were a couple of comments about this forum being overtaken by "right wing conspiracy theorists". Translation : people who think independently, ask questions, and understand what is going on in the world :)

It is unfortunate that the young man making the post had a bad reaction with a product. I'm not familiar with it and what it does. Unfortunately he seems to have jumped to a conclusion that his reaction is b/c the product is bad - vs that his body did not react well to it - something in it (or something unrelated. People have bad reactions to antibiotics all the time, to any medication. They are rare , but they happen. That does not mean the product is bad.

Of course, what he doesn't seem to understand is that many people love the idea of buying products that are "home made" so to speak, i.e are made by a small business , with a small operation - so there is no need to 'batch numbers' and safety seals , etc., because the entire goal is to produce high quality products without toxic crap.

One could contrast that with the "products' being rolled out by the billions by our fine U.S. gov't, , that they tell us are 'safe and effective' , yet are killing and injuring people more than any drug or product ever put on the market. A vaccine for one of the past fake plagues, the swine flu, was recalled after 50 deaths. These do have lot numbers, one can even look it up to see just how deadly your version of the experimental formula was. Those people don't even know what is in the product AND they don't even have the option of suing the manufacturer if they land in the hospital - or worse.

I'll take my chances with Haidut's products - in fact, I have a couple I'm going to order now :)
100%

reaching

Lol this is stupid and you should think about killing yourself. I am not saying you should do it. I do not think you should kill yourself. BUT maybe possibly perhaps, you should think about it! I know this post is just bait anyways and I guess I'm retarded for biting but damn you're really dumb. DERRRRR DERRRRR i speak in hyperbole derrr derr fact derrr derr i saw sumting are weddit and its undeniable logistical mysterical lyrical fact. you should think about killing yourself.

Fred

Most people, including doctors, are not capable of diagnosing the cause of a condition. This possibly-fictional person started feeling bad on "Day 5". So how do we know that something else isn't to blame ... perhaps a vaccine side-effect?

JamesGatz

Sounds fun! Just ordered 2 more of Haidut's products

On a serious note - ANY supplement can land you in the hospital if you don't follow directions ???

aniciete

Lol this is stupid and you should think about killing yourself. I am not saying you should do it. I do not think you should kill yourself. BUT maybe possibly perhaps, you should think about it! I know this post is just bait anyways and I guess I'm retarded for biting but damn you're really dumb. DERRRRR DERRRRR i speak in hyperbole derrr derr fact derrr derr i saw sumting are weddit and its undeniable logistical mysterical lyrical fact. you should think about killing yourself.
You are a sad person

lepetitcheval

@haidut On my 3rd bottle of camphosol, i sprinkle it on my carrot salad to get the Good ***t deep into The Bad ***t. Clear tongue, three solid Real Shits per day. Best single health purchase i’ve ever made. I think it’s particularly useful to people w:eek: appendix(s)??? Anyway, Georgi, if you decide to stop making it please let me know so we can negotiate a 5 gal bucket.

Andrea Lucia

Why do you think haidut puts the disclaimer "not for human use / only for research purposes" behind all his products? So he can't get sued when someone ingests his product and becomes gravely ill.

All I did was link to a post of a real person's experience, to aware people of how potentially unsafe his products are. That's straight up fact, someone ended up in the ER taking his products. Only the white knights here would have you believe that it's a fake post, nothing they have to say has any merit for they are biased and in too deep already, playing russian roulette with their health by taking haidut's concoctions. They won't admit they're fcking themselves.

This is for the people who can actually think and isn't stuck in haidut's echo chamber. Ask yourself if it's worth risking your health.
Wow Stan, what did Haidut ever do to you? Really. What did any of his products ever DO TO YOU? YOU, not to the guy that posted that note while in the hospital. What is YOUR experience? It would behoove you to see your own hypocrisy. For example; all those who write about their great experiences suddenly become null & void to you because there is this other guy that wrote he ended up in a hospital. If you had ANY sense that was of your own, you would have thought more about posting that asinine note warning others. If you are the guy that rather have doctors experiment with you than yourself, good for you, but warn no one of that choice, for those who are learning to think for themselves are getting out of that deep bias that you speak about. The one you are too deeply stuck in. Here is my personal warning to you. Pharmaceuticals are the most corrupt institution on our planet and doctors are learning how to apply only what they are taught, and not a one is being taught how to consider the whole organism when administering drugs. Every human has their own history and will respond differently to whatever they digest. Be mindful of what you want to post on this forum. Speak to Haidut personally before you decide to participate in slandering. Learn something more about what it is your participating in, like that person who wrote the post. Speak to him about his history before you jump in to inform others. Lastly, become your own living example of health before you warn others of what to do for themselves.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
There is a fine line between effective and dangerous.

These products are advertised as cosmetics and using them in other way is your responsibility - be careful, please!

I don't give a certain rat anymore of Idealabs products as she tends to be impatient with the drops. One time she dropped a whole squirt of cyproheptadine in her mouth instead of the 4 drops I told her to - she suffered! But thankfully she is ok.

Use responsibly.

Regarding camphosal, yes, it makes the poops nice, but if rat takes it more than 5 days in a row, it gets rectal pains.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , please answer

Answer who and about what? Over the years, selling these products, I have learned to distinguish between legitimate complaints and and s**t-posting. This very much looks like the latter. First, the Reddit user keeps complaining about the forum. In fact, this looks more like a thinly veiled attack on the forum than a criticism of the products. There are no "burner" accounts of mine (or anybody affiliated with me or the company), or anywhere else on the Internet for that matter. I have had only one account, and I think @charlie has some ways to detect and block attempts of creating such account. Whatever other accounts I have on social media are also with the "haidut" alias, including on Reddit.
Speaking of legitimate complaints. Though very few, people who had an issue with a product contacted me directly and actually presented evidence - i.e. pictures, regimen of usage, comparison with/without product, etc. This is obviously not the case here. It's just an alarmist post by a person who I never interacted with (since we have not had even a single complaint about CamphoSal so far) and is clear attempt at defamation/libel. Same with the post from @Stan. He/she does not simply post something from Reddit and say "hey, here is what I found, do you think this is concerning?". He/she has the same fearmongering (and lying) statement in his post "Keep doing X and you will surely get into trouble!". Be afraid, very afraid /s.
Isn't it obvious that @Stan and the Reddit user are either the same person or work in concert? We had an entire alternative "forum" created by people back circa 2016 who spent years bashing this forum and lying about me, and other vendors here. Chances are, those are the same people commenting on Reddit now. Truth be told, there is no point engaging with such people. Too toxic to deal with and frankly their only goal is destruction and wasting other people's time. Nothing good has ever come out of engaging with them over the years, and we even have a few threads on this forum with solid evidence about that. Back circa 2015 some forum members decided they did not like DMSO as a solvent. Kept emailing Peat saying I am giving him a bad name by using DMSO for substances he has written about and kept posting either deliberately constructed or even FABRICATED "quotes" from him saying DMSO is "dangerous". Eventually, after more than a year of this charade, I finally got apologies from several of them over email admitting the whole thing was not about DMSO but about me. They simply did not like my take on certain dietary topics (one was adamant high-carb was terrible) and decided to band together to defame/harass/cancel me. This is no different. In fact, the Reddit post refers to the "crazy" ideas on this forum such as caffeine usage. Just take a look at @Stan's posts on this forum. Nothing but bashing our products and/or insulting others.

To all the people who support me/us - most sincere THANK YOU! You can go through the threads of every product and see for yourself that there are reviews that are less than stellar. But I never ask for those to be retracted, manipulated or removed. If you have evidence, please come forward and report it in the appropriate thread. You would be making everybody's life better, and I do not shy away from evidence-based criticism.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut On my 3rd bottle of camphosol, i sprinkle it on my carrot salad to get the Good ***t deep into The Bad ***t. Clear tongue, three solid Real Shits per day. Best single health purchase i’ve ever made. I think it’s particularly useful to people w:eek: appendix(s)??? Anyway, Georgi, if you decide to stop making it please let me know so we can negotiate a 5 gal bucket.

Thanks you! No worries, so far. We don't plan on stopping production. Camphoric acid has been in use for digestive ailments and still has some kind of FDA approval (from back in early 1900s) for this kind of indication, so unless that gets pulled I see no reason to stop selling it.

haidut

Forum Supporter
How do you end up in the hospital by applying camphor topically?

Thanks for pointing it out. He/she most likely didn't end up in the hospital. I am tempted to respond to that thread and ask for verification like a hospital bill, pictures, etc and when those do not get provided get him/her banned from Reddit (as they take such stuff very seriously)...but then again one less mental case on Reddit is a drop in a bucket:):

LeeLemonoil

I was hoping someone would get the reference. Ron Gilbert's making a new one, coming out this year :grin:
Didn’t know that. MI 3 was great. MI 4 and the Tales not so much. Gilbert himself? Wow.

Could have included MI in this thread from the emotions and nostalgia it provokes in me

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals