Better Sleep From Ginger Lemon Honey Tea

somuch4food

I noticed I slept better (more restorative) the previous 2 nights. Thought it was from the Epsom Salts bath I took, but I did not sleep too well last night despite the Epsom Salts bath.

So I am thinking it might be the ginger lemon tea with honey that I took to relieve my sore throat caused by a cold.

I know it's not from relaxing with a hot beverage before bed because I experimented with sweetened warm milk last month. I will try to repeat the experiment tonight.

Any ideas on how this beverage could help with my sleep?

I am still new to peating and failed last month when trying to naively apply what I thought I understood from Peat's work and would appreciate any advice or further reading that could explain this effect.

OP
S

somuch4food

After a full week drinking the tea before bed, I realize it might be more the process than the tea that helps my sleep. It allows me to slow down and relax before going to bed.

OP
S

somuch4food

Currently enjoying a ginger candy :happy:

Ginger seems to be very calming to me. I know some people really don't like the taste, but I have always enjoyed it.

I remember drinking Canada Dry (ginger ale) when I was younger. I do not enjoy it much now, too sweet not enough ginger flavor.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals