Better sex while sleep deprived?

vulture

Any ideal why I would have better erections and libido when I slept and even ate poorly (just once or twice per day) ?

HumanLife

Stress promoting sexual intercourse because it feels like it is in a bad state so you need to reproduce...?

Explorer

More activation from cortisol/adrenaline whereas when you are well fed/slept you have more inhibitory relaxing factors lowering excitatory ones?

BodhiBlues

Possibly dopamine related, sleep deprivation has been shown to increase dopamine.

OP
vulture

vulture

Si, if I try to live “healthy” I will have shitty sex and erections, and if I don’t I will enjoy way more one of the greatest things in life.
Seems like is better not to give a F in my case

redsun

Any ideal why I would have better erections and libido when I slept and even ate poorly (just once or twice per day) ?

The body raises dopamine to compensate for a night of sleep deprivation in order to help you stay awake. This could be why sexual function is suddenly much better.

Beastmode

In my younger years this was always the case. It was all due to stress hormones looking back. I was hypothyroid for almost 40 years of my life. I remember whenever I would start feeling sick I would have the urge to have more sex.

Sex is never more satisfying then when you're metabolically sound and aligned with a purpose in life. Also helps to have a partner who adopts a similar path of course.

OP
vulture

vulture

The body raises dopamine to compensate for a night of sleep deprivation in order to help you stay awake. This could be why sexual function is suddenly much better.
Nice theory. Do you have sources for that?
If that would be the case trying fava beans an cacao shall be useful.

In my younger years this was always the case. It was all due to stress hormones looking back. I was hypothyroid for almost 40 years of my life. I remember whenever I would start feeling sick I would have the urge to have more sex.

Sex is never more satisfying then when you're metabolically sound and aligned with a purpose in life. Also helps to have a partner who adopts a similar path of course.

Weird thing for me in this forum is that stress hormones are usually blamed for any condition: lots of sex and desire? Stress hormones. Lack of it? Stress hormones. So, sometimes looks like a really confusing thing. I’ve seen many people that doesn’t seem caring too much about their lifestyle enjoying more in this subject than me, even after avoiding Peat unfriendly stuff for years.
Purpose in life? I would agree about that, but it’s hard to care about such a thing when you are having trouble with basic physiological stuff. But maybe I’m just distracted by the tree.
But so far interesting topic indeed, it’s also another well known cause of great sex the morning after drinking

OP
vulture

vulture

Stress promoting sexual intercourse because it feels like it is in a bad state so you need to reproduce...?
So, if you are depressed would you be stressed?
If so, depressed people shall do great having sex

Missenger

That explains the 'trouble personality' stereotype and sex, stress hormones and all.

redsun

Nice theory. Do you have sources for that?
If that would be the case trying fava beans an cacao shall be useful.

Jing

I've noticed if I have a very bad sleep say two hours or less the next day my flaccid will be bigger and I also have better erections and libido.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals