Better Digestion On High Fat. Why?

Ableton

I supposed the opposite would happen, but after some time my body adjusted to the fat and now I do not have to wipe anymore at all. Zero gas as well.
Is this common?
Yet, my temps are dropping and I gain weight.
I guess I will opt for medium fat intake or something

my take is less fluids and slower oxidation rate are the culprit. I am/was really lean

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I supposed the opposite would happen, but after some time my body adjusted to the fat and now I do not have to wipe anymore at all. Zero gas as well.
Is this common?

my take is less fluids and slower oxidation rate are the culprit. I am/was really lean

I find fat plays a sort of lubrication role in the GI tract. Plus it slows down absorption of food, so it arrives at the other end fully digested = less wipes.

OP
A

Ableton

I find fat plays a sort of lubrication role in the GI tract. Plus it slows down absorption of food, so it arrives at the other end fully digested = less wipes.
Yeah it’s probably that
Any way to slow digestion without fats?

redsun

Yeah it’s probably that
Any way to slow digestion without fats?

Opiate molecules in dairy slow transit time but I dont think that automatically translates into better digestion. Easily can worsen it. I can literally feel significantly slower transit time everytime I eat a serving or two of dairy thats one reason why I avoid it. I think aged, fermented, dairy is not as bad in this department but whole milk and less fermented dairy is pretty bad.

Collden

Opiate molecules in dairy slow transit time but I dont think that automatically translates into better digestion. Easily can worsen it. I can literally feel significantly slower transit time everytime I eat a serving or two of dairy thats one reason why I avoid it. I think aged, fermented, dairy is not as bad in this department but whole milk and less fermented dairy is pretty bad.
Probably just lactose intolerance? Cheese still has lots of opiates.

redsun

Probably just lactose intolerance? Cheese still has lots of opiates.

Yeh but I was thinking some of the compounds in significantly aged products like cheese (depends on the cheese, I eat the ones that are more aged usually) help speed up gut transit. Could be the bacteria itself which lacks in pasteurized milk or something else not sure.

famalalam

Fermented dairy being partly digested by bacteria would explain why it's easier to digest. I believe most people on this forum forget to add sugar to their fresh dairy to aid in digestion, hence the issues they seem to have with it.

jet9

Is this common?

Similar experience.