Better blood sugar regulation with starch vs sugar? | Liver health & Insulin Resistance.

Razvan

how do you use your masa Harina?
I've just got some and I made tortillas that were quite tasty but I haven't tried anything else yet
I make it like outmeal(similar),in my country it's called "polenta". Together with beef and cheese.

AncestralJoy

I make it like outmeal(similar),in my country it's called "polenta". Together with beef and cheese.
oh yum! i grew up in Zimbabwe and we would make Sadza, but unfortunately they don't prepare corn like masa carina its just dried and ground corn.
We would have it with meat stews too. Delish! going to make some

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

So it seems that High starch, combined with fruits, works fine with low fat. It gives me extreme satiety, I’m honestly find it hard to not under-eat. Don’t even crave that much protein.
Energy levels are decent.
Stomach / intestines feel full. Using Cascara daily.
Blood sugar is pretty stable too, from my testing.

Sefton10

So it seems that High starch, combined with fruits, works fine with low fat. It gives me extreme satiety, I’m honestly find it hard to not under-eat. Don’t even crave that much protein.
Have you tried with cocoa butter? It definitely seems to work differently to other fats for me when combined with starch/fruit.

youngsinatra

Perfect.

abady

no idea why everyone praises eating sugars and fruit and 0 starch I tried this way of eating and it's the worst feeling hungry all the time and tired I need to eat every hour or two.
but now eating 90% starch and some fruits I am feeling my best so motivated and full of energy not hungry at all it's just the best feeling.

Nomane Euger

hi,why do you find that perfect?he said decent energy lvls,thats not what you would wish someone to have,i would wish on others to have incredible energy lvls

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

no idea why everyone praises eating sugars and fruit and 0 starch I tried this way of eating and it's the worst feeling hungry all the time and tired I need to eat every hour or two.
but now eating 90% starch and some fruits I am feeling my best so motivated and full of energy not hungry at all it's just the best feeling.
hi,there is some negatives feelings i and peoples i observe get when we eat starchs that are anti fullness/plenitude,anti well being,anti euphoria,and positives feelings that i and peoples i observe dont get.also come for me and peoples i observ with an increase in irritability and agressivity and pessimism

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

hi,why do you find that perfect?he said decent energy lvls,thats not what you would wish someone to have,i would wish on others to have incredible energy lvls
Decent compared to being a zombie who has to snack every hour.
But I also cut down on T4 due to high rT3 blood test, so perhaps my thyroid is ramping up.
I hit over 37.0 Celsius the last 2 days.
Yesterday, I measured 37.8 post-workout, with Caffeine and Inosine pre-workout.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

On Peat foods, I can easily eat over 3k calories/ day.
With some starch / tubers included and limiting fats, I can barely eat 2.4K calories.
The question is, is the starch really that satiating, or is it because it’s sitting in my intestines and gets digested slower?

abady

hi,there is some negatives feelings i and peoples i observe get when we eat starchs that are anti fullness/plenitude,anti well being,anti euphoria,and positives feelings that i and peoples i observe dont get.also come for me and peoples i observ with an increase in irritability and agressivity and pessimism
Nah i feel good eating this way.

Nomane Euger

With some starch / tubers included and limiting fats, I can barely eat 2.4K calories.
The question is, is the starch really that satiating, or is it because it’s sitting in my intestines and gets digested slower?
the "satiating"feeling due to the foods seeting in your intestines is a relevant guess and possibility

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

the "satiating"feeling due to the foods seeting in your intestines is a relevant guess and possibility
May be.
But it is also definitely working to some degree. I can feel how it gives me steady energy.
Let's hope endotoxin symptoms will not creep up after a few days.

I think the secret may be low fat, perhaps my liver, insulin sensitivity, thyroid are speeding up, and I can handle the downsides of starch better.

abady

so weird this is not the case for me I can go for 5000 calories of starches a day ! with no digestive problems but I gain lil bit of weight lol, I can honestly maintain on 3000 calories per day, I am so energetic eating so much carb and coffee with every meal.
my diet is mostly rice pasta potatoes. fruit i go with oranges 3 per day maybe some bananas, drink coffee with every meal around 600-800 caffeine /day. proteins only from full fat milk 1 liter/day i felt so bad drinking 1% milk i felt hungrier like when i felt with fruits so i go with the full fat i never eat any low fat version of any food its disgusting for me. so proteins milk and 1 egg/day + 1 small beef Pattie(~50g). some days i eat a dark chocolate bar 70%

this is my diet and i love it not crazy with protein just High carb Moderate fat Low protein.

Nomane Euger

Nah i feel good eating this way.
i did not said that you dont feel good,i didnt include you in my comment,also we might not have the same definition as feeling good,i am talking about very specific feelings,and even in case we would have the same criteria of feeling good and you would feel good,you could feel intensly better with out starch,eating more ripe fruits/coconut water/honey and dairy for some instead,

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Ok. In the past 2 days, I ate the same lunch. White rice, salted, with some olive oil. 60g raw
2 beef burger patties x 140g
pickled cucumber and a tomato.

I felt very satiated immediately after eating and up to 1 hour. After 1 hour, I suddenly felt hungry and agitated, and I wondered why. I ate a mixed carb: protein: fat meal, that should keep me full for longer.
It felt like low blood sugar. Perhaps the rice combined with animal protein creates high insulin secretion?
But that would mean I have pre-diabetes, or blood sugar dysregulation.