Betahistine For Tinnitus?

B

Braveheart

How much are you taking ? Btw my gf has been seeing a chinese medicine lasy and has been doing acupunture..she says as soon as the needles go in one of her "ear meridians" the tinnitus pitch drops drastically.

500 mg...will try 1000...experimenting...
Am very interested in acupuncture....would have vastly improved my post stroke mobility issues had I had access.

Lianda

Ray emailed me at some point and he said it's caused mostly by endotoxins triggering endogenous opioids.

I had emailed him on behalf of my wife, but she is unwilling to follow his advice (carrot salad, avoiding raw veggies) that he said would help it go away.

There is evidence of this and naltrexone working by inhibiting the endogenous opioids:

The effect of naltrexone on the perception and distress in tinnitus: An open-label pilot study
The effect of naltrexone on the perception and distress in tinnitus: An open-label pilot study

The opioid antagonist naltrexone blocks acute endotoxic shock by inhibiting tumor necrosis factor-α production
The opioid antagonist naltrexone blocks acute endotoxic shock by inhibiting tumor necrosis factor-α production
I tried LDN for 6 months with no changes. : (

Parsifal

In my experience, it comes from histamines and gut (probably endotoxins).

B

Braveheart

I'm seeing improvement with Oxidal...nothing else has worked so far....