Beta Blocker - Androgenic Alopecia?

Bandooli

Hi,

I've seen some very bright minds around here at this forum. So hopefully someone can give me some insights. I have dysautonomia and was put on a beta blocker (Bisoprolol) several years ago (prob 6 years ago now). I stayed on it for three and a half years, which means I've been completely off it now since approximately two and a half years. Now to the interesting part...

During these two years since going off the drug I've developed androgenic alopecia (as far as I can remember I had no signs at all of it while I was on Bisoprolol). I've read about a lot of people loosing hair when starting these kind of drugs but the opposite is unheard of (that is to me at least). I have to admit that the male pattern baldness is a very hard thing for me to go through mentally. Therefore I'm thinking about trying the bisoprolol again, to see what it does the the AGA. I came across a post here on this forum discussing the RAAS (Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone-System) and hair loss. The beta-blocker inhibits RAAS and also lowers adrenaline, so perhaps my theory isn't so unlikely after all, that it was the discontinuation of the drug that induced my AGA. The negative effects I had from Bisoprolol was mainly a slow heart beat and cold hands/feets, even though taking a small dosage. But I must admit that I'd rather have a full head of hair than warm hands and feet. Also, I'm wondering if the cold hands/feet and the bradycardia can be mitigated through increasing the metabolism. Since at the time when taking it I wasn't too familiar with neither Ray Peat nor any ways to increase metabolism. So now I'm asking you guys, what are your thoughts on Bisoprolol as a way to stop/reverse the AGA, do you think that my theory is reasonable? And also, do you think there's any detrimental effects from being on it long term that cannot be mitigated through increasing the metabolic rate?

edoos

@Bandooli funny thing I start bisporol and found the same thing, my hair look better and seem to stop fall out. I’m also taking a really small dosage 0.65mg per day, how much where you taking? I also have low heart rate around 50-55bpm so I don’t want to go lower than that. I taking that because I’m overreacting to every external stimuli, is like my body overreact to stress in any situations. I have been suffering from PFS which I would say I recover to 70-80%. But still have huge issue with anxiety and sleep

GorillaHead

I were to guess whats happening here. The beta blocker increase ur raas sensitivity and so when u got off bam hit u hard

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals