Best zinc supplement?

Perry Staltic

Probably acetate, but it's not that easy to find and is kind of expensive. Gluconate is well absorbed, has the least cadmium of any form (supposedly) and is relatively cheap. Picolinate is well absorbed, but it's also excreted in urine more.

EIRE24

I would definitely recommend the Oyster Max supplement from Marine Health. Awesome stuff.

OP
M

Motif

No oysters or liver anymore.
my scalp itches like crazy since adding them.

Nebula

My experience with zinc is that very little is needed to feel effects if the macro minerals (calcium and magnesium) are metabolizing correctly. And throwing a large amount of zinc by supplement or food into your system without getting calcium and magnesium working first does nothing or does damage.

Perry Staltic

Zinc supplementation is good for older people to consider because gut absorption and the thymus decrease with age. Zinc supposedly restores the thymus, which is responsible for producing T-cells (adaptive immunity).

OP
M

Motif

Zinc supplementation is good for older people to consider because gut absorption and the thymus decrease with age. Zinc supposedly restores the thymus, which is responsible for producing T-cells (adaptive immunity).

not old, but even with eating oysters everyday for weeks my zinc / copper deficiency only got slightly better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals