Best zinc supplement and recommended dose

Vins7

I want to try taking zinc for improving my libido issues, lack of taste and smell, and because I think that with my diet I could be a bit defficient.

My weight is 60kg and my height 1,77m. 15mg a day could be enough?

Could exceeding dosis cause some kind of major problem? I am not used to taking supplements and I have never taken zinc.

Thanks.

reality

I use picolinate and have done for years, it is definitely highly bioavailable
It’s probably one of the most effective supplements I use. 15-30mg

some would say too much can antagonise copper but that’s only true during absorption so as long as you are eating copper rich foods at different times it doesn’t matter

OP
V

Vins7

I use picolinate and have done for years, it is definitely highly bioavailable
It’s probably one of the most effective supplements I use. 15-30mg

some would say too much can antagonise copper but that’s only true during absorption so as long as you are eating copper rich foods at different times it doesn’t matter
Thank you.

What improvements did you notice when you started supplementing It?

Perry Staltic

I use picolinate and have done for years, it is definitely highly bioavailable It’s probably one of the most effective supplements I use. 15-30mg

Picolinate is excreted more than others, so it may not be as bioavailable as you think.

reality

Thank you.

What improvements did you notice when you started supplementing It?
Strong antidepressant effect and better sleep. I also seem to be less reactive to certain foods, so I’m assuming it’s helping the gut some how

zinc does so much in the body, it’s involved in around 300 different enzymes and 1000s transcription factors. I think everyone could benefit from extra zinc

Perry Staltic

Gluconate supposedly has the least cadmium of any zinc form and is absorbed well. Acetate is probably the best absorbed, but is hard to find. Oxide has the most zinc by weight, but is poorly absorbed. Citrate and the chelated versions are supposedly absorbed well. Zinc sulfate has fairly good absorption, but I think has some other issues.

15 mg is probably fine, but you could go to 30 mg. If older maybe even more.

Take selenium with zinc to ensure it's bioavailable.

Last edited:

Motif

Gluconate supposedly has the least cadmium of any zinc form and is absorbed well. Acetate is probably the best absorbed, but is hard to find. Oxide has the most zinc by weight, but is poorly absorbed. Citrate and the chelated versions are supposedly absorbed well. Zinc sulfate has fairly good absorption, but I think has some other issues.

15 mg is probably fine, but you could go to 30 mg. If older maybe even more.

Take selenium with zinc to ensure it's bioavailable.

how much copper and selenium would you take to 27 mg zinc sulphate (two times 13,5 mg over the day)?

I’ll try to take more now, cause my symptoms got much better from zinc and copper but still suck.
My deficiencies in those only got slightly better

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals