Best Ways To Heal The Digestive System

jpgio

Just looking to see what you guys think the best ways to heal the digestive system are. Not just the stomach but the intestines as well. Thank you!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Chronic inflammation is causing degeneration of the intestine, so eliminating all problematic foods is key.
Triphala has been shown to regenerate the villi in the gut.
If you're referring to leaky gut, then minerals such as zinc and copper are very needed. Also gelatin, aloe vera, slippery elm, etc.

carrot salad or well cooked diced white button mushrooms or cooked bamboo shoots

Dr. Peat is right. These help a lot.

inthedark

People have had some success with thiamine and niacin. Someone I know who had developed painful gluten intolerance (or something akin) and had it for years was able to have no issues eating bread again after taking niacin 500mg a day for a couple weeks, along with Energin.

solomon

Taking gelatinous food everyday helped me heal from gut issues I had. beside that, my skin, nail and hair become healthy

BearWithMe

I second the Cascara advice. The most effective thing for digestion I have ever tried, period.

Lewistx

I just got rid of hpylori a couple of months I'm no longer constipated but I'm not gaining weight my feet still itch fungus my tongue is still white and dry and I pee alot way too much any help

golder

Jan, Tash and paulos. What dosage and frequency did you find the best results from Cascara? Thanks for your help and expertise.

solomon

Jan, Tash and paulos. What dosage and frequency did you find the best results from Cascara? Thanks for your help and expertise.
Initially, I took a capsule (500mg) of cascara, but Its laxative effect was to much to see the benefit. So, I started taking very small amount, like a pinch daily. After a month or so I upped it little by little, and I started to notice my tolerance to food (oranges, large amount of milk, cola) increased. After six month I literally started to take three capsule (after lunch and dinner) with almost no laxative effect. my gut become like a steel. I am still taking it everyday now, because I like when it makes my body worm and calm when I take it as a tea.

Tash

When the long-term constipation was at it's worst I would take one capsule per day (swallow a gelatine capsule (size 00) manually filled with the powder - it's so disgusting it's the only way I can get it down me).

But now that things are substantially improved, one capsule every few days seems adequate - it's strong stuff. For the days in between I may neck a few charcoal tablets and mix one of them with camphosal. Strong coffee and lots of gelatine in the meantime, also seem to help keep things moving along nicely :)

So happy never to go back to those ridiculous high fibre diet/pooping marbles every few days. God bless you cascara, and good luck James x

Our boy Travis, may he rest in peace, explained that bromelain (found in pineapples) can render gluten and beta casomorphin non-immunogenic. Since wheat and A1 dairy commonly cause digestive distress but not everyone can permanently cut these food groups out of their diet, bromelain may be a solution. Bromelain is so powerfully proteolytic, digestion is likely to improve whether or not one eats grains or dairy.

Our boy Travis, may he rest in peace, explained that bromelain (found in pineapples) can render gluten and beta casomorphin non-immunogenic. Since wheat and A1 dairy commonly cause digestive distress but not everyone can permanently cut these food groups out of their diet, bromelain may be a solution. Bromelain is so powerfully proteolytic, digestion is likely to improve whether or not one eats grains or dairy.

The stem of Pineapple has the most Bromelain, blitz it in a blender as smoothie :):

Dave Clark

My gut and digestion got better when I started using creatine on a regular basis, not perfect, but got improvement that I didn't expect, here is maybe why:
New study confirms: Supplemental creatine is great for your gut!!! - Hack your gut
Creatine for Gut Health and Mental Health? - Doug Cook RD
Creatine seems to be embraced here on the forum, mostly for other reasons, but for those that are having gut issues that are not using creatine, it may be worth giving it a trial to see if it calms things down.

golder

Very interesting. Do you think something like this would be even better for digestion than just bromelain by itself? Great input on this thread, thanks.
Doctor's Best, Proteolytic Enzymes, 90 Delayed Release Veggie Caps