Best way to reset sleep schedule?

Beastmode

Let me know! Sick of missing out on those early morning rays

It'll suck for a bit, but set your alarm for the time you want to be up and wake then. If you're doing all the metabolic supporting things (i.e- proper fuel, etc,) your system will get used to it. Go outside asap from wake to get the morning light on your eyes. The other thing is to maximize your sleep time and quality. The blue blocking glasses have been great for getting to sleep faster so you can time them properly by wearing them an hour or so before the desired bed time.

OP
B

Bluemachine

It'll suck for a bit, but set your alarm for the time you want to be up and wake then. If you're doing all the metabolic supporting things (i.e- proper fuel, etc,) your system will get used to it. Go outside asap from wake to get the morning light on your eyes. The other thing is to maximize your sleep time and quality. The blue blocking glasses have been great for getting to sleep faster so you can time them properly by wearing them an hour or so before the desired bed time.
Blue blocking glasses regardless of screen usage or not?

rr1

https://www.mpg.de/623745/pressRelease201006242
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/102/9/3461/3903087
Here are some interesting reads about inverted cortisol pattern and sleeping schedule.
Myself and others have found cyproheptadine to be extremely helpful at lowering cortisol and helping to reset this pattern.
In the study they dosed metyrapone at 6pm and 10pm, I assume because this only has a short half life of 2-3 hours.
So I assume Cyproheptadine with it's longer half life can be taken around 5pm or later, you may need to experiment a little.

Wen

Do you normally eat breakfast? And do you eat late at night? Hunger will tend to influence when you want to go to sleep and when you want to wake up. I had the habit of not eating breakfast, or eating it a while after I had gotten up and also eating late at night. This is a double edged sword since hunger each night expecting to eat will keep you up, and then since you're used to not eating breakfast or eating late in the morning, there'll be no stomach grumbling to wake you up either.

OP
B

Bluemachine

Do you normally eat breakfast? And do you eat late at night? Hunger will tend to influence when you want to go to sleep and when you want to wake up. I had the habit of not eating breakfast, or eating it a while after I had gotten up and also eating late at night. This is a double edged sword since hunger each night expecting to eat will keep you up, and then since you're used to not eating breakfast or eating late in the morning, there'll be no stomach grumbling to wake you up either.
Yes, this is something that definitely messes with me. if I don't eat at night then I'm hungry when trying to sleep but if I cave then I don't get hungry the next day until late. Seems like you've just gotta suffer a bit in the short term for the potential of greater well being in the long term.

Wen

if I don't eat at night then I'm hungry when trying to sleep but if I cave then I don't get hungry the next day until late. Seems like you've just gotta suffer a bit in the short term for the potential of greater well being in the long term.
True but you can probably just take something minimal at night to help you sleep like some kind of warm milk with gelatine, sugar and salt. You don't want to suffer to get out of it I think.