Best Way To Lower Nitric Oxide Levels?

M

member 6316

I watched this RayPeat clip:

and he mentions stuff like vitamin d1, niacinamide,progesterone,pregnenolone, thyroid hormone.. lower nitric oxide ,Are there any other things that decreases nitric oxide? Does DHEA and l-lysine decrease nitric oxide? Someone said methylene blue lowers nitric oxide .

I also read
Chamomille, carrot Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors Pentoxifylline And Rolipram,GinkoBiloba,Adamantane,Bromocriptine,cascaraMSM,Aspirin,Famotidine,Zinc,Lamotrigine,Ginger,Caffeine,HydroxyB12/hydroxycolambin,Thiamine ,L-theanine & Lactobacillus Brevis lower it. But are these supplements even Strong enough to have an big effect in reducing NO lvls? Which one should I choose?

ddjd

- N-iminoethyl-L-ornithine
- tetracycline ABX
- famotidine
- Cimetidine (H2 Antagonist
- MSM
- NAC
- b2r5p
- methylene blue
- Niacinamide
- Progesterone
- adamantane (diamant)
- T3
- b1 thiamine
- hydroxy b12
- baking soda
- vit D
- k1 and k2 quinones
- zinc
- caffeine
- Lysine
- Agmatine
- tetracycline / minocycline
- aspirin
- Pau D'arco
- coq10
- vitamin E
- carbon dioxide
- magnesium
- GABA (theanine/Progesterone)
- anthraquinones
- emodin
- uric acid

lampofred

GABA decreases nitric oxide.

Well, I guess we can assume a NO inhibitor is mainly effective on reducing iNOS activity, but there are others we want to keep an eye on in some cases.

We have the following types of enzymes generating nitric oxide (NO) from the amino acid L-Arginine:
  • inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase [this is the one we mostly want to keep down, is induced by (LPS) endotoxin and immune response and can do lots of damage and release pro-inflam chemicals]
  • endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase [essential for a healthy cardiovascular system; this increases vascular dilation and permeability; we want to modulate this one]
  • neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthese [this one is found in the brain and in body's nervous tissue system, too much of this releases calcium and does damage]

OP
M

member 6316

Why, what happened? Personally I would make it a habit to take aspirin, if not asthmatic, and niacinamide and coffee.

I believe I have excess of nitric oxide naturally.

Well, I guess we can assume a NO inhibitor is mainly effective on reducing iNOS activity, but there are others we want to keep an eye on in some cases.

We have the following types of enzymes generating nitric oxide (NO) from the amino acid L-Arginine:
  • inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase [this is the one we mostly want to keep down, is induced by (LPS) endotoxin and immune response and can do lots of damage and release pro-inflam chemicals]
  • endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase [essential for a healthy cardiovascular system; this increases vascular dilation and permeability; we want to modulate this one]
  • neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthese [this one is found in the brain and in body's nervous tissue system, too much of this releases calcium and does damage]

How do I decrease all types of Nitric oxide? Would I have to reduce Arginine?

(edit) I just saw on wikipedia that Nitric oxide can also be made from oxygen, Reduction of inorganic and NADPH.
Do you know any supplements that target all enzymes that create NO? I wanna decrease nitric oxide everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

member 6316

I have 6 mutations in NO genes...

CPS1 =gene may reduce the production of a compound called nitric oxide (NO).

TGF-b = can deactivate macrophages by reducing their capacity to release superoxide and nitric oxide, suppressing their cytotoxic activity,

FOXO1 =Regulates the transcriptional activity of GADD45A and repair of nitric oxide-damaged DNA in beta-cells

ESR1 = Also mediates membrane-initiated estrogen signaling involving various kinase cascades. Isoform 3 is involved in activation of NOS3 and endothelial nitric oxide production.

NOS1AP = Adapter protein involved in neuronal nitric-oxide (NO) synthesis regulation via its association with nNOS/NOS1.

IL6 = It increases nitric oxide.

OP
M

member 6316

For anyone that has tried to lower their NO lvls what thing did you find worked best?

is there anything that inhibits mtNOS?
methylene blue I think decreases all 3 besides the one above I mentioned.
anyone tried Pau D'Arco? or Lapodin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Leptin deficiency and insulin excess increase mitochondrial Nitric Oxide production.

Unfortunately, global inhibition of NO synthesis will lead to undesired cardiovascular and other side effects.

I know L-citrulline taken with food will prevents the absorption of Arginine and also glutamine from the gut, Arginine is the pre-cursor to NO.
and citrulline in isolation will rise the NO a little like 6 percent. Can increase plasma Arginine. But the form Citrulline Malate (Malic acid) has the advantage of giving up to 30% more ATP in mitochondria and CO2 via the kreb's cycle increasing aerobic respiration. Increased CO2 can increase the release of NO causing vasodilation.

I dont think Citrulline is best suppl for you to inhibit arginine.

I have 6 mutations in NO genes...

CPS1 =gene may reduce the production of a compound called nitric oxide (NO).

TGF-b = can deactivate macrophages by reducing their capacity to release superoxide and nitric oxide, suppressing their cytotoxic activity,

FOXO1 =Regulates the transcriptional activity of GADD45A and repair of nitric oxide-damaged DNA in beta-cells

ESR1 = Also mediates membrane-initiated estrogen signaling involving various kinase cascades. Isoform 3 is involved in activation of NOS3 and endothelial nitric oxide production.

NOS1AP = Adapter protein involved in neuronal nitric-oxide (NO) synthesis regulation via its association with nNOS/NOS1.

IL6 = It increases nitric oxide.
I don't understand these mutations and their repercussions, alas. Seems to decrease NO ..
You have mutations that decrease NO in some but increase in certain other area's?

I know Centella Asiatica is pro GABA and can inhibit iNOS, COX-2, TNF-alpha and IL-6 and stabilizes mast cells to prevent the release of TGF-β from mast cells.
The best CA comes from Madagascar.

You say you have higher IL-6 activity ? I know more than 1 cup of coffee can increase IL-6.

OP
M

member 6316

I don't understand these mutations and their repercussions, alas. Seems to decrease NO ..
You have mutations that decrease NO in some but increase in certain other area's?
it seems like it, some mutations more NO lvls and others low.
So let me get this straight there are just four different Nitric oxide receptors or whatever you wanna call it that have different tasks in the body(iNOS - eNOS - nNOS - mtNOS), so what is NOS1?
I wanna try different supplements that inhibit or increase different NO targets to see which ones I benefit from.
will be using this list hopefully it is correct: Nitric Oxide Isoforms - Information Needed!
doesen't mention any mtNOS inhibitors/increasers tho.

• Neuronal NOS nNOS = NOS1
  • Inducible NOS iNOS = NOS2
  • Endothelial NOS eNOS = NOS3 or cNOS
  • bNOS bacterial nitric oxide synthase
  • mitochondrial NOS
Wikipedia - NOS Classification

it seems like it, some mutations more NO lvls and others low.
So let me get this straight there are just four different Nitric oxide receptors or whatever you wanna call it that have different tasks in the body(iNOS - eNOS - nNOS - mtNOS), so what is NOS1?
I wanna try different supplements that inhibit or increase different NO targets to see which ones I benefit from.
will be using this list hopefully it is correct: Nitric Oxide Isoforms - Information Needed!
doesen't mention any mtNOS inhibitors/increasers tho.

Seems to me, first it is important to know exactly if you have too low synthesis of NO or precursors : arginine, citrulline, ornithine in the Urea - NO cycle:
And if you say you have a lower activity of CPS1 gene, this means you have trouble making Citrulline from Ornithine, see image:
CPS1
"The mitochondrial enzyme encoded by this gene catalyzes synthesis of carbamoyl phosphate from ammonia and bicarbonate. This reaction is the first committed step of the urea cycle, which is important in the removal of excess urea from cells."

CPS1 carbamoyl-phosphate synthase 1 [Homo sapiens (human)] - Gene - NCBI

Coupling-of-urea-cycle-with-nitric-oxide-cycle-ADMA-asymmetric-dimethylarginine-ASL.png

Last edited:
"Carbamoyl phosphate synthetase I (CPS1) is a protein located in the mitochondria which is involved in the clearance of ammonia formed during the breakdown of proteins and is encoded for by the CPS1 gene. CPS1 is a key driver of protein and nitrogen metabolism and the clearance of the resulting ammonia. Ammonia enters the mitochondria via glutamine or glutamate 1. CPS1 cleaves this ammonia and adds it to a bicarbonate molecule along with another molecule to form carbamoyl phosphate. Carbamoyl phosphate the leaves the mitochondria and enters the urea cycle for subsequent excretion from the body 2. "

"Carbamoyl phosphate synthetase I
deficiency is a severe clinical loss of CPS1 activity which results in the accumulation of ammonia in the blood, which results in severe neurological issues 3.
Several SNPs have demonstrated an association with this severe clinical disorder, however those affected will have been identified based on symptoms evident at birth.

There is however one SNP which is associated with altered, but not a complete loss of, CPS1 activity C4235A (T1405N) or rs1047891 (sometimes called rs7422339)."
- link

Last edited:

ddjd

For anyone that has tried to lower their NO lvls what thing did you find worked best?

is there anything that inhibits mtNOS?
methylene blue I think decreases all 3 besides the one above I mentioned.
anyone tried Pau D'Arco? or Lapodin?
MB is best.
Lapodin works but not so strong.
Caffeine very effective but doesn't affect all of them.

OP
M

member 6316

thanks for the info.
I assume MB is the best in inhibiting 3 of them out of 4.
But im still hung up on mtNOS, are there any supplements that have shown to inhibit that?
and my second question does supplementing with arginine increase all 4 of the types?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom