Best way to eat peaty at 17 years old?

motleyadams

Hi all! I’m a 17 y.o teen boy.

Been researching about the “Peat diet” (I know, Peat ideologies more say).

I’m planning on increasing dairy and sugar/carb intake and eat plenty of saturated fats.

Overall I’ve eaten decent over my life. But still have processed foods plenty. I don’t eat much PUFA, although some from processed/junk foods.

Should I try to deplete PUFA with a low fat diet and then start eating saturated fat? What is the best way to go about this? I want to increase T/DHT whilst lowering cortisol/estrogen/prolactin etc. to increase masculinity and become more of a man.

Any tips welcome!

Comstock

At 17, your natural cravings and sensations will be your best guide. You should eat whatever you want. Obviously, you can use your knowledge to avoid things that can be sneakily bad for you, like vegetable oils, but in general, seek what you want, and be excited for food. If you really can't figure out what you want, relying on Peaty guidelines should be pretty good.

skittles

Honestly, just avoiding PUFA and not consciously restricting calories/carbs is probably all you need to start. Then over the next six or seven years, lol, learn to be self aware, and notice what certain foods do to you, and how they make you feel. If your digestion is effed one day, think back to what you ate. If you get a headache, think about what you ate. If you break out in acne, what did you eat. You'll notice patterns. Everyone's different. And then, you can ask more questions, and do some more experimentation.

Lollipop2

Honestly, just avoiding PUFA and not consciously restricting calories/carbs is probably all you need to start. Then over the next six or seven years, lol, learn to be self aware, and notice what certain foods do to you, and how they make you feel. If your digestion is effed one day, think back to what you ate. If you get a headache, think about what you ate. If you break out in acne, what did you eat. You'll notice patterns. Everyone's different. And then, you can ask more questions, and do some more experimentation.
+1 great answer.

PUFA is the most important concern for your age. Other than that, eat good food, homemade if possible. Probably the best things you can do for your health are: a) avoid PUFA, b) learn to cook and c) get adequate sunlight.

retroactive

at your age just make sure to consume plenty of milk, fruit and cheese. ruminant meats. Avoid the worst sources of pufa like restaurant deep fried foods, premade sauces, salad dressings, and many prepared foods and you'll be fine

Austin Resch

I’m planning on increasing dairy and sugar/carb intake and eat plenty of saturated fats.

Overall I’ve eaten decent over my life. But still have processed foods plenty. I don’t eat much PUFA, although some from processed/junk foods.

Should I try to deplete PUFA with a low fat diet and then start eating saturated fat? What is the best way to go about this? I want to increase T/DHT whilst lowering cortisol/estrogen/prolactin etc. to increase masculinity and become more of a man.

Any tips welcome!
On the note of increasing dairy, you could always try to source raw/unheated dairy from a local farm in your area and see if you feel perceivable difference/improvement.

mrchibbs

If I was your age and knowing what I know now (in no particular order):

- Get good butter and coconut oil and avoid all products with vegetable oils in it.
- Learn to cook your own food but don't stress over it. Plenty of great cooking videos on youtube, and the earlier you start, the better you will be in your life. I recommend Jacques Pépin and Marco Pierre White's Knorr videos.
- Get the best milk you can find and drink lots of it.
- Get the best most ripe fruits/juice you can find and drink lots of it.
- Learn how to prepare and eat oysters and chicken/beef livers, these foods can be very tasty and are full of nutrients which can help sustain and deepen your sexual development and maturation as a young man.

meatbag

On the note of increasing dairy, you could always try to source raw/unheated dairy from a local farm in your area and see if you feel perceivable difference/improvement.
what is the advantage of the raw/unheated dairy?

Sefton10

at your age just make sure to consume plenty of milk, fruit and cheese. ruminant meats. Avoid the worst sources of pufa like restaurant deep fried foods, premade sauces, salad dressings, and many prepared foods and you'll be fine
Add lifting weights or some sort of resistance exercise (nothing crazy or too intense) a couple of times a week and you’re golden.

AndrogenicJB

Any tips welcome!
I am 17 aswell and have started eating peaty and it is going well so far. This is my diet

Protein, canned tuna, frozen tuna steak, organ meats, milk protein concentrate powder, maybe pasteurized goat milk
Carbs, as much fruit as you want, I consume 167g of fruit sugar from pears, bananas, raisins and coconut palm sugar, other carbs are refined white cane sugar (fine if you hit all your macros and it is very metabolic i have found, makes skin very nice too) white potatoes, make sure it is well cooked
FAT, Grass fed butter (kerrygold), olive oil (because i need calories to bulk up), and mct powder/coconut oil

Macros are 450 carbs, 137 protein, 75 fat,

Avoid pufa, grains, take glycine/taurine with foods with muscle meats, get in all your fat soluble vitamins, hit all your micros on cronometer, dont train for long periods in the gym make it short but effective, increase cholesterol through organ meats(kidney,liver,heart), take metabolism boosters like niacinamide, b1, fat solubles etc, try gonadin from idealabs maybe tongkat ali but the brand is important, megadose the fat soluble - very effective, get in enough choline if you decide to have most of your carbs from sugar, don't do too much cardio, make sure your carb to protein ratio is at least 3:1 (good for being stress resilient), go to the gym and lean bulk, increase calories by 150 every week dont jump caloreis to quickly, no peocessed foods, no greens or nuts except brazil (1 a day) and macadamia because of anti-nutrients

AndrogenicJB

I am 17 aswell and have started eating peaty and it is going well so far. This is my diet

Protein, canned tuna, frozen tuna steak, organ meats, milk protein concentrate powder, maybe pasteurized goat milk
Carbs, as much fruit as you want, I consume 167g of fruit sugar from pears, bananas, raisins and coconut palm sugar, other carbs are refined white cane sugar (fine if you hit all your macros and it is very metabolic i have found, makes skin very nice too) white potatoes, make sure it is well cooked
FAT, Grass fed butter (kerrygold), olive oil (because i need calories to bulk up), and mct powder/coconut oil

Avoid pufa, grains, take glycine/taurine with foods with muscle meats, get in all your fat soluble vitamins, hit all your micros on cronometer, dont train for long periods in the gym make it short but effective, increase cholesterol through organ meats(kidney,liver,heart), take metabolism boosters like niacinamide, b1, fat solubles etc, try gonadin from idealabs maybe tongkat ali but the brand is important, megadose the fat soluble - very effective, get in enough choline if you decide to have most of your carbs from sugar, don't do too much cardio, make sure your carb to protein ratio is at least 3:1 (good for being stress resilient), go to the gym and lean bulk, increase calories by 150 every week dont jump caloreis to quickly, no peocessed foods, no greens or nuts except brazil (1 a day) and macadamia because of anti-nutrients
Also try and avoid any 5ar inhibitors, therefore don't go crazy with coconut oil even olive oil, also avoid soy and phytoestrogens, focus on improving thyroid and glucose oxidation

Ania

Regard yourself lucky you found Peat at 17. Event dr Peat himself started much later, after many years of research and experimenting.

Austin Resch

what is the advantage of the raw/unheated dairy?
generally, unpasteurized dairy comes from pasture raised dairy cows and farmers tend to adopt a more regenerative farming and higher quality animal husbandry practice (all grass fed/finished, no grains, no herbicides used on grass, no antibiotics/hormones given to cows, = cows are generally much healthier) this translates to the milk of those cows being more nutritionally rich. Additionally, the heating of the milk (i.e. pasteurization) will denature a relatively large amount of the nutrients present. Dr Weston Price has great information on this topic, even going as far as measuring the difference in the nutritional content of raw milk/butter of cows at different times, finding the dairy produced in end-june/july tends to be significantly higher in nutrients compared to dairy from same cows produced at other times, the rational being they are eating the highest quality grass immediately leading up to that period.

Unheated dairy will also be rich in immunoglobulins, and high in biodiverse beneficial microbes (assuming the cows have a high quality of life/environment/diet/etc.). Dr. Pottenger has great information on this looking into the heating of foods, and the consequences of so.

If you could source raw dairy, you could likely source raw colostrum as well which is around 3-4x more nutrient dense than raw milk. Colostrum is the initial dairy (sometimes called first milk) that cows/mammals produce for the first few days following the birth of an offspring, the color is a bit yellow and tends to be lower in fat content. There a numerous studies where colostrum had positive effects on various autoimmune conditions.

Ultimately, the same would even apply to honey. Raw/unheated/unprocessed honey is a very different food compared to refined grocery store honey (sometimes high fructose corn syrup is used as filler, or even used to supplement the bees with energy substrate). It will contain some wax, propolis, pollen, beneficial microbes + enzymes which will have numerous downstream benefits not attainable from processed honey.

Nomane Euger

generally, unpasteurized dairy comes from pasture raised dairy cows and farmers tend to adopt a more regenerative farming and higher quality animal husbandry practice (all grass fed/finished, no grains, no herbicides used on grass, no antibiotics/hormones given to cows, = cows are generally much healthier) this translates to the milk of those cows being more nutritionally rich. Additionally, the heating of the milk (i.e. pasteurization) will denature a relatively large amount of the nutrients present. Dr Weston Price has great information on this topic, even going as far as measuring the difference in the nutritional content of raw milk/butter of cows at different times, finding the dairy produced in end-june/july tends to be significantly higher in nutrients compared to dairy from same cows produced at other times, the rational being they are eating the highest quality grass immediately leading up to that period.

Unheated dairy will also be rich in immunoglobulins, and high in biodiverse beneficial microbes (assuming the cows have a high quality of life/environment/diet/etc.). Dr. Pottenger has great information on this looking into the heating of foods, and the consequences of so.

If you could source raw dairy, you could likely source raw colostrum as well which is around 3-4x more nutrient dense than raw milk. Colostrum is the initial dairy (sometimes called first milk) that cows/mammals produce for the first few days following the birth of an offspring, the color is a bit yellow and tends to be lower in fat content. There a numerous studies where colostrum had positive effects on various autoimmune conditions.

Ultimately, the same would even apply to honey. Raw/unheated/unprocessed honey is a very different food compared to refined grocery store honey (sometimes high fructose corn syrup is used as filler, or even used to supplement the bees with energy substrate). It will contain some wax, propolis, pollen, beneficial microbes + enzymes which will have numerous downstream benefits not attainable from processed honey.
Raw honey in a jar with trace amounts of all you listed is very different that eating honey with the comb that is made of wax and contain fresh pollen,propolis,some venom also.From the comb it way more potent it can give you weird mental and physical feelings,not even pleasurable

Austin Resch

Raw honey in a jar with trace amounts of all you listed is very different that eating honey with the comb that is made of wax and contain fresh pollen,propolis,some venom also.From the comb it way more potent it can give you weird mental and physical feelings,not even pleasurable
Do you think it is logistically equally feasible to source 'honey with the comb' vs jars of raw honey? I would be interested in trying some to experiment. When you say its not even pleasurable, how much do you usually consume, how often, and may I ask how you sourced it? Thanks

Austin Resch

Add lifting weights or some sort of resistance exercise (nothing crazy or too intense) a couple of times a week and you’re golden.
Sprints 2-3x per week, not overdoing it, can be very beneficial/anabolic.
Playing sports, can be a great way to be active, social, etc.

OP
M

motleyadams

Awesome!