Best Way To Add Honey Or Syrup In Milk

MaxVerstappen

I enjoy milk with something sweet. I prefer honey when I have the money for it. But the problem is, it takes a while before it dissolves in the milk. Therefore i tried some methods and found a simple and effective one.

How to do it:

1. Boil up some water
2. Add two thirds (2/3) hot water, and one third (1/3) syrup or honey.
3. Stir it for a little bit until it's dissolved.

Then you can leave it in a bottle or something (I use a normal honeybottle). And when you add it in your milk, It's instantly dissolved. You just need to add three times the amount you'd add honey or syrup.

I have no idea how much this effect the shelf-life of the products. If you have raw honey, this method probably effect the benefits of raw honey. I think it's possible to use lower temperature water, It just takes longer to dissolve.

cjm

I enjoy milk with something sweet. I prefer honey when I have the money for it. But the problem is, it takes a while before it dissolves in the milk. Therefore i tried some methods and found a simple and effective one.

How to do it:

1. Boil up some water

Then you can leave it in a bottle or something (I use a normal honeybottle). And when you add it in your milk, It's instantly dissolved. You just need to add three times the amount you'd add honey or syrup.

I have no idea how much this effect the shelf-life of the products. If you have raw honey, this method probably effect the benefits of raw honey. I think it's possible to use lower temperature water, It just takes longer to dissolve.

Dig the convenience. Heat once and done. Though the extra liquid might be inconvenient for some.

I've just been tossing some raw honey in a cup, microwaving for 12 seconds, and pouring cold milk kefir over it. The pour stirs the honey in as it fills up the cup.

It's extremely convenient. Is the honey being damaged by the microwaves? I don't know. It tastes fine.

bogbody

i have one if those inexpensive battery powered milk frothers and i find that it’s great for dissolving stuff in liquid quickly like honey or gelatin

Barry

I really prefer to buy expensive local honey, and just eat it by the spoonful. With milk, i take a lot of sugar, add water, heat it so that the sugar dissolves into a syrup and then add that into the skim milk, and then add coffee! awesome!

Parrot

I heat my milk up on the lowest setting of the micro wave oven and then stir in one to two teaspoons of honey

cjm

I tried again with 3/4 syrup with 1/4 water and it works just as good. So there is not need for much water

That's nice! I could actually do that... although recent life events have put my kefir habit on hold. I'll keep it mind. Thanks for sharing.

GelatinGoblin

How to do it:

1. Boil up some water

OP, I've been adding some milk (400-1,000ml) to a small pot and heating it on a gas stove on very light temperature and waiting for it to heat to 40-60c, I add honey at the end and stir a bit with a small spoon, separating it from the walls of the pot, just stirring it. Just don't heat the honey too much in general, so again a very light fire, takes about 4 minutes to get fairly hot as I mentioned (40-60C). Pour it in a cup, drink it, pour again, drink, and it's a nice warm fulfilling drink and as per Peat. Also I suggest stop using microwave entirely, I just use gas stove to heat stuff. Microwave degreases the food on a structural levels (Proteins, Sugars, Phytonutrients...), plus daily non ionic "Microwave" radiation and EMF.

pro marker

i let the honey melt in my mouth for a second then i spit it into the milk and whisk it rigorously. works great.