Best Water Filtration Methods and Devices

OP
U

ursidae

distilled water+ coconut water in a glass container plus sodium bicarbonate plus (lead free) calcium chloride might be an option

What do you use to filter your water?
I like my ProPure gravity filter. It was my only option to remove fluoride, besides a reverse osmosis filteratiin system, which removes ALL minerals from the water.

Attachments

• ACB5B276-4CD3-40E8-87B4-DE39DDC0A446.jpeg
    ACB5B276-4CD3-40E8-87B4-DE39DDC0A446.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 61

Dutchie

I like my ProPure gravity filter. It was my only option to remove fluoride, besides a reverse osmosis filteratiin system, which removes ALL minerals from the water.

Isn't that the same system as the Berkey?

@ursidae I've been pondering to get a distiller as well, but I dislike that it needs power/electricity to function.

Attachments

• 83A5BCAA-9DDF-4FCE-8C47-769D927336B6.jpeg
    83A5BCAA-9DDF-4FCE-8C47-769D927336B6.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 53

Sphagnum

I use a 4-5 stage reverse osmosis system.
The 5th stage, when you choose to use it, is used to remineralize.
It’s the only thing I could find that removed fluoride as well as chlorine/chloromides. Also good for residual pharmaceuticals and such.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was using a berkey on my well water but I got to thinking there’s potentially a lot in my well water that the berkey might not filter. I live near a lot of corn fields so glyphosate comes to mind. When we initially moved here 5 years ago it seemed to be a big improvement because there was no chlorine or fluoride but over time I started to suspect it wasn’t so pristine after all. I’m drinking RO right now but I’m considering buying a distiller.

Grapelander

I was using a berkey on my well water but I got to thinking there’s potentially a lot in my well water that the berkey might not filter. I live near a lot of corn fields so glyphosate comes to mind. When we initially moved here 5 years ago it seemed to be a big improvement because there was no chlorine or fluoride but over time I started to suspect it wasn’t so pristine after all. I’m drinking RO right now but I’m considering buying a distiller.
Maybe pay for a testing service since it is a well. Peace of mind knowing exactly what you are dealing with.
Our drinking water laboratories have become one of the top drinking water analysis and testing laboratory networks in the nation. Pace provides virtually all required parameters in our own laboratory network including dioxin, radiochemistry, UCMR, and emerging contaminants such as PFAS, 1,4-Dioxane, and low-level hexavalent chromium. Pace is certified for drinking water analysis in virtually every state and U.S. territory.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Maybe pay for a testing service since it is a well. Peace of mind knowing exactly what you are dealing with.
Our drinking water laboratories have become one of the top drinking water analysis and testing laboratory networks in the nation. Pace provides virtually all required parameters in our own laboratory network including dioxin, radiochemistry, UCMR, and emerging contaminants such as PFAS, 1,4-Dioxane, and low-level hexavalent chromium. Pace is certified for drinking water analysis in virtually every state and U.S. territory.
Yes, that’s been on my to do list, thank you.

OP
U

ursidae

Water distiller + external VOC filter virtually removes everything from water
which brand
I have concerns about the stainless steel leaching nickel
most of the distillers use 304 steel which is ~10% nickel

Oleg

I use my refrigerator’s freezer to purify water. I was able to achieve 1 ppm purity. That’s better than distilled water. Although I am not sure if it removes things like fluoride or VOCs.

aniciete

which brand
I have concerns about the stainless steel leaching nickel
most of the distillers use 304 steel which is ~10% nickel
I’m not sure about nickel but I’ve seen some people test their water before and after with nickel being not detected

joaquin

I use Zero Water pitcher. I had tried using a distiller but that taste is horrible.