Best Vitamin, Mineral Or Supplement For Hairloss

Blue09

As above guys what's helped you in the past or helping you right now? Looking for new things to try.

Frankdee20

Cannot speak for current situation personally, but about 12 years ago, I was still thin on top as I am today. I noticed thicker hair (cannot say new growth for sure) from sublingual DHEA at 25mg doses. I do not take that stuff anymore so I cannot say it was that for sure. As far as supplements, a lot of people report Biotin, Iodine, GLA oils, and Tocotrienols for hair growth.

OP
B

Blue09

Can I ask why you stopped dhea? I just purchased 10mg dhea but have yet to try it.

Frankdee20

I had stopped all supplements in 2007, and did not take any again until 2017. As many as I take now, I just never used DHEA sublingual again. No particular reason really. I have used sublingual and oral Pregnenalone however, and did not get any hair benefits from that.

revenant

I've tried them all and the only one that maybe works to a degree is taurine. It's beneficial anyway so might as well take it. Vitamin A/D/K2 I would also recommend for prevention, though you probably won't see new hairs growing from those alone.

Other than that, I'd say any improvements in metabolism and general health have the biggest effects. Lowering serotonin and estrogen will likely be helpful. I noticed that when I was at my poorest health the texture of my hair changed to somewhat thinner and curlier.

Oh yeah, and red light is worth a try. Definitely improves the skin, so why not hair?

OP
B

Blue09

I've tried them all and the only one that maybe works to a degree is taurine. It's beneficial anyway so might as well take it. Vitamin A/D/K2 I would also recommend for prevention, though you probably won't see new hairs growing from those alone.

Other than that, I'd say any improvements in metabolism and general health have the biggest effects. Lowering serotonin and estrogen will likely be helpful. I noticed that when I was at my poorest health the texture of my hair changed to somewhat thinner and curlier.

Oh yeah, and red light is worth a try. Definitely improves the skin, so why not hair?

Do you know if taurine raises prolactin at all as mine is high and don't want to raise it even further?

Frankdee20

I take Taurine, and have done stretches of it, off and on, sometimes up to 3 grams a day. I like it as a supplement, but never noticed hair LOL

BigChad

Do you know if taurine raises prolactin at all as mine is high and don't want to raise it even further?

Yeah im wondering as well. In meat its found alongside zinc, b6 etc so not sure how taking 2g taurine impacts things.

Arnold Grape

It would be surprising to me if somebody mentioned one solitary supplement in reference to hair regrowth, however, I have heard that lysine has done this for an individual. Reducing serotonin at the skin surface level seems beneficial, so I would posit that cypro falls within this category. Additionally, B2 has had similar effects.

As for hair health or quality, I have noticed the fat soluble vitamins or a, d, e, and k (estroban) seem to have the most beneficial effect on my own hair. I also think getting these things in servings of grass fed beef seems positive.