Best Vitamin A and Copper supplements?

Nomane Euger

How big of a risk is it to not freeze it and does this apply for all organ meats
I don’t know,i eat mine slightly cook and very fresh,unfrozen,apparently there is peoples checking all the organs at the slaughter house to ensure there isn’t parasites,I don’t know if it apply to all organ meats

golder

If you don't like liver at all I can give you my best tip for consuming it. A few friends also found this very useful.

Buy some quality beef liver.
Put it in the freezer for 10-14 days.

Then you do the following once a day:
Cut off a piece of the frozen liver, and measure out so that you have 20g of beef liver.
Then cut the beef liver in the frozen state into tiny chunks.

Have a little bowl next to you and add 1/2 to 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Put the liver chunks into the bowl and mix it well.
Then just take the beef liver on a large spoon, and swallow it with some OJ.
The EVOO really covers up the liver taste for me personally.
Extremely useful, thanks. I hope this might be a feasible workaround to my hatred of liver. Just to clarify, the frozen 20g piece you eat per day. When you dab this piece into extra virgin olive oil, is this to mask the taste of the liver? I was assuming that of you’re swallowing the 20g frozen piece whole, it would barely have any taste anyway? Or is there an added benefit/advantage to the olive oil that you had in the back of your mind when constructing this method? Thanks!

youngsinatra

Extremely useful, thanks. I hope this might be a feasible workaround to my hatred of liver. Just to clarify, the frozen 20g piece you eat per day. When you dab this piece into extra virgin olive oil, is this to mask the taste of the liver? I was assuming that of you’re swallowing the 20g frozen piece whole, it would barely have any taste anyway? Or is there an added benefit/advantage to the olive oil that you had in the back of your mind when constructing this method? Thanks!

20g of beef liver might not sound like a lot but if you cut the piece into small cubes, you have quite a bit of liver - approx. 2 full tablespoons.

The olive oil is for 1.) masking the taste 2.) kind of lubrication to make it easier to swallow 3.) fat improves the absorption of retinol and copper.

golder

20g of beef liver might not sound like a lot but if you cut the piece into small cubes, you have quite a bit of liver - approx. 2 full tablespoons.

The olive oil is for 1.) masking the taste 2.) kind of lubrication to make it easier to swallow 3.) fat improves the absorption of retinol and copper.
Thanks man, gonna give this a go, sounds like a really good idea. Do you put the cubes in an ice cube tray for easy storage/dispensing straight from the freezer?

Ihor

If you don't like liver at all I can give you my best tip for consuming it. A few friends also found this very useful.

Buy some quality beef liver.
Put it in the freezer for 10-14 days.

Then you do the following once a day:
Cut off a piece of the frozen liver, and measure out so that you have 20g of beef liver.
Then cut the beef liver in the frozen state into tiny chunks.

Have a little bowl next to you and add 1/2 to 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Put the liver chunks into the bowl and mix it well.
Then just take the beef liver on a large spoon, and swallow it with some OJ.
The EVOO really covers up the liver taste for me personally.
It's also a good idea to beat fresh liver and olive oil in a blender into porridge and then pack it in small pieces, for example in an ice cube tray, with this consistency, these cubes don't need to be chewed, easier to digest, mixed more densely with oil, easier to pack in even parts.

B

Blaze

I just want to give it a try and see if it helps me.
Some say that A and copper supplements are not absorbed and we should strictly stick to food, how do you see this?

What are the best supplements for this?

chlorophyll for copper?

i Heard conflicting stuff about beef liver capsules.

cod liver oil for A?

just „average“ A and copper supplements?
Halibut liver oil for vitamin A and not the cod liver oil. Halibut oil is low in pufa and hufa and as such is compatible with the RP diet principles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halibut liver oil for vitamin A and not the cod liver oil. Halibut oil is low in pufa and hufa and as such is compatible with the RP diet principles.
Do you have a link for the fatty acid partitioning of halibut oil? I know halibut is pretty low fat, but, percentage wise, the amount of PUFA is high( not an issue if eating the fish, but would be an issue if ingesting the concentrated oil). And the liver of the animal, at least in ruminants, tends to have a higher PUFA percentage than muscle meat, so I'm thinking it might be similar for fish.

B

Blaze

Do you have a link for the fatty acid partitioning of halibut oil? I know halibut is pretty low fat, but, percentage wise, the amount of PUFA is high( not an issue if eating the fish, but would be an issue if ingesting the concentrated oil). And the liver of the animal, at least in ruminants, tends to have a higher PUFA percentage than muscle meat, so I'm thinking it might be similar for fish.
No, I'm going off a statement made by Ray himself on that herb doctor podcast in 2014. I've got no reason to doubt the remark though. I know he is against cod liver oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I'm going off a statement made by Ray himself on that herb doctor podcast in 2014. I've got no reason to doubt the remark though. I know he is against cod liver oil.
Do you recall the name of the episode, or the main theme? I wonder if Ray was talking about hydrogenated halibut oil, since that would be low in PUFA as well as in MUFA and high in SFA.

B

Blaze

Do you recall the name of the episode, or the main theme? I wonder if Ray was talking about hydrogenated halibut oil, since that would be low in PUFA as well as in MUFA and high in SFA.
5-16-14 Memory cognition and nutrition

5-16-14 Memory cognition and nutrition
Okay, thanks. I just watched it, and it seems that Ray said that halibut liver oil is a good idea for vitamin A is because it's so concentrated that you need tiny amounts of it. It still seems to be rich in PUFA, the difference is that you need much smaller doses than cod liver oil to get vitamin A.

OP
M

Motif

I don’t like chlorophyll as a copper source.
Green tongue and teeth all the time and I don’t really know how much is in there.

Nobody knows a good copper supplement ?

golder

It's also a good idea to beat fresh liver and olive oil in a blender into porridge and then pack it in small pieces, for example in an ice cube tray, with this consistency, these cubes don't need to be chewed, easier to digest, mixed more densely with oil, easier to pack in even parts.
Also a great idea. I hate porridge, can you think of anything similar that would also serve the same purpose? Thanks!

B

Blaze

With the huge amount in liver I never really had to consider another source since you only have to eat a tiny amount of liver to get it. I have heard you could cook your food in a copper pan or drink from a copper cup but not sure how effective or safe that would be.

OP
M

Motif

With the huge amount in liver I never really had to consider another source since you only have to eat a tiny amount of liver to get it. I have heard you could cook your food in a copper pan or drink from a copper cup but not sure how effective or safe that would be.
Yeah I heard that too; but sounds a bit too unpredictable to me too!

Ihor

Also a great idea. I hate porridge, can you think of anything similar that would also serve the same purpose? Thanks!
I'm sorry, I put it a little incorrectly, by porridge I meant just beat the liver in a blender to a puree consistency, then these already frozen cubes will simply quickly melt in your mouth without chewing, washing them down with something you won't even feel the taste.

I don’t like chlorophyll as a copper source.
Green tongue and teeth all the time and I don’t really know how much is in there.

Nobody knows a good copper supplement ?
Any reason to not supplement with copper glycinate?

Nomane Euger

Yeah that what I would think about this. That it’s almost nothing. But I read this again and again from Morley followers
he talk about copper atoms include into the vitamine C complex

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals