Best Video I've Seen Debunking The Inuit/Esikmo High Fat Eaters, And Mummmies Had Heart Disease Pre-

J

James IV

EIRE24 said:
post 112532
James IV said:
post 112522 I apologize for my 1200 calories typo, that was supposed to say 1700. I'm not sure how I flubbed that one. Anyway, either one of those would leave me feeling like crud.

Honestly, I am not trying to debunk anything. I'm simply saying that health is definitely a matter of food, but our environment (internal and external) will change our dietary needs. Would the Inuit thrive on a okinawan style diet? I don't know. And it's fairly irrelevant to my own health. I tried a low fat (less than %10 of calories) for some time and my health became worse. At the time I could not handle starches because of my poor metabolism, so I was drinking tons of juice. When I gave up and added back in saturated fats, I my health improved quickly and after a month or so I was able to eat potatoes with no issues. Eventually I was able to eat other starches like rice and pasta, and had no issues. Now, since I can eat a lot more starch, it's easier for me to get digest sufficient calories, and I am slowly dropping down my fats, and still improving.
My point is that what may be "healthy" for a person may change depending on their current state of health. And saying a particular macronutrient ratio is best for everyone, may hinder people path to long term good health.
Dr Peat may be doing a very low fat diet now, but he did a very high fat (%50 of calories) diet for a while, and apparently has lowered it more and more as time progressed. Is this simply a result of research, or was it a result of responding to his bodys feedback. I don't know because I have not asked, but with my understanding of Dr Peats mind, I'd imagine it's the latter.

James,

What symptoms did you get that your body was not able to handle starches very well? And when you re introduced saturated fat what kind of source was it from? I find that interesting how it improved your ability to handle starches.

They would bloat me up like a balloon, and make me extremely tired If I ate more than a bite or two. I also would have some constipation issues. I honestly don't know why the saturated fat helped, it may have just been that I wasn't able to properly utilize the juice calories, since my body had been so accustomed to burning fat. Or it could have been that the saturated fats helped with digesting or transporting. I can only guess.
I get my fats mostly from beef tallow, coconut, egg yolks, and dairy fat (goat milk, cow cheese, and cow butter.)

Lately my fat and protein have been creeping lower, and my temps, libido, mood, etc, are solid, if not improving. I'm naturally falling into a cyclic diet with high carb (more and more from starch) base, and some days with higher fat and/or protein. Which is sort of how I ate many years ago, before the Internet told me what was healthy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
tara said:
post 112560
James IV said:
post 112522 My point is that what may be "healthy" for a person may change depending on their current state of health. And saying a particular macronutrient ratio is best for everyone, may hinder people path to long term good health.
:1
:1

Last edited:

YuraCZ

"intramyocellular lipid"

[bbvideo=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSc7OfJUHr0[/bbvideo]
Guys what you think about this intracellular fat causing insulin resistance? I always felt that you must choose fuel source fat or carbs.. We all know that low carb/keto is really not optimal diet approach, so what is left are carbs as a main source of energy.. It really makes sense to me...

jyb

YuraCZ said:
Guys what you think about this intracellular fat causing insulin resistance? I always felt that you must choose fuel source fat or carbs.. We all know that low carb/keto is really not optimal diet approach, so what is left are carbs as a main source of energy.. It really makes sense to me...

I don't think it's as black white when you look at breast milk (or unprocessed cow milk) composition and you consider babies to have good metabolic health. It has both carbs and fat calories in significant quantities (more in fat). And in the blood there is probably saturated fatty acids and glucose in well controlled amounts - there are pretty good reasons for neither to be zero.

YuraCZ

jyb said:
I don't think it's as black white when you look at breast milk (or unprocessed cow milk) composition and you consider babies to have good metabolic health. It has both carbs and fat calories in significant quantities (more in fat). And in the blood there is probably saturated fatty acids and glucose in well controlled amounts - there are pretty good reasons for neither to be zero.
I don't think that this breast milk thing is a good example or excuse. Even vegans and low fat people don't claim that breast milk is bad.. I think that it is completely different story. Growing kid simply needs all these nutrients, but adults not.. They need enough energy and protein, but they don't need much fat. When you can synthesize saturated and monounsaturated fat from glucose. Why you need more then 10% of fat in your diet? For what purpose?

"And in the blood there is probably saturated fatty acids and glucose in well controlled amounts "

Yes they are in well controlled amounts in the blood, but over the years, body can't handle it anymore and then you start gaining weight(fat) and become insulin resistant. Because this mix of fat and glucose must go somewhere. Now there you have it typical western model- overweight, high BP, pre diabetes or full blown diabetes.. But how much overweight people you see on low fat whole food diet... Look I would love to eat fats, carbs and protein together. There is nothing more delicious than this combination, but I don't care about the taste anymore. I want to find out what is best approach for my health, where I'm right now.. And everything I know is that, things worsened, when I started eating "healthy" with a lots of fat and even a couple months ago. When I was eating a lots of saturated fats with lots of carbs. My blood circulation get worse and I think it is because I develop even more fat(cholesterol and probably with some calcium also) deposits in cardiovascular system.. As I see it right now. I think low fat whole foods diet is a really best thing to do.. Not vegan, because I think we need here and there some animal food to thrive.. I also have some muscles and they need more protein than average vegan(skeleton) This is only thing that drive me nuts. When skeleton(vegan) says - there is no such thing as protein deficiency... Of course not, but if you don't want look like a holocaust survivor, then you need some denser protein sources other than bowl of beans.. :D

YuraCZ

But I have one question for someone who knows(Westsipde PUFA, haidut...) On a low fat diet (10% of calories or maybe even less) is liver able to release toxins since bile production is lower due to lower fat content in food? This is only thing what makes me worry.. :confused

EIRE24

YuraCZ said:
post 113028 But I have one question for someone who knows(Westsipde PUFA, haidut...) On a low fat diet (10% of calories or maybe even less) is liver able to release toxins since bile production is lower due to lower fat content in food? This is only thing what makes me worry.. :confused

I was also wondering about this? Surely a small bit of fat a few times a week or stuff cooked in a little butter or coconut oil and adding eggs can provide the fat that releases the toxins and bile production?

OP
Westside PUFAs
Bile is made up of mostly water with a little salt, cholesterol, fatty acids and lecithin. It's a natural process of digestion. Peat talks about how eating sweet fruit stimulates the liver to make more cholesterol. So some of that cholesterol is used for bile. There's a small amount of fat in all foods on top of the amount of overt fat you eat so it's really not 10% of calories if you could truly test it. I eat enough coconut, olive, cocoa, palm oil, and little cheese that I'm not worried about eating too low fat. My temp. and pulse is good and liver function tests are good. My mood, sleep, temps. and pulse show me that low fat works for me. My testosterone has increased.

YuraCZ

EIRE24 said:
post 113030
YuraCZ said:
post 113028 But I have one question for someone who knows(Westsipde PUFA, haidut...) On a low fat diet (10% of calories or maybe even less) is liver able to release toxins since bile production is lower due to lower fat content in food? This is only thing what makes me worry.. :confused

I was also wondering about this? Surely a small bit of fat a few times a week or stuff cooked in a little butter or coconut oil and adding eggs can provide the fat that releases the toxins and bile production?
I guess if one is healthy, don't have any gallbladder or liver problems, is toxins free etc.. and then he start with low fat diet it will be ok probably. But what about people who have some estrogen and toxins to remove.. Also it is hard to say what is enough fat in the diet for this purpose. But when you look at the nature. There is not much dense sources of fat. Even wild animals are VERY lean with not much fat on them.. I think here and there some egg, some sardines, some liver will be enough.. Because where you find stick of butter or battle of olive oil in the nature.. So basically what is worse for the gallbladder and the liver. Too much or too little fat.. Well I can look at Okinawan people, they doing great on the low fat diet and then I can look at western diet which is high fat, but also high carbs and there you have worst combo so I don't know heh.

YuraCZ

Westside PUFAs said:
post 113031 Bile is made up of mostly water with a little salt, cholesterol, fatty acids and lecithin. It's a natural process of digestion. Peat talks about how eating sweet fruit stimulates the liver to make more cholesterol. So some of that cholesterol is used for bile. There's a small amount of fat in all foods on top of the amount of overt fat you eat so it's really not 10% of calories if you could truly test it. I eat enough coconut, olive, cocoa, palm oil, and little cheese that I'm not worried about eating too low fat. My temp. and pulse is good and liver function tests are good. My mood, sleep, temps. and pulse show me that low fat works for me. My testosterone has increased.
But for "low fat" people is term LOW FAT diet without oils for sure. Just what is left in whole plants.. You are not doing low fat.. I have right now around 12g of fat for 2500kcal...

OP
Westside PUFAs
YuraCZ said:
post 113033 But for "low fat" people is term LOW FAT diet without oils for sure. Just what is left in whole plants.. You are not doing low fat.. I have right now around 12g of fat for 2500kcal...

I certainly am doing low fat. The magic of saturated fat happens when you use it in small amounts to stoke the metabolic fire. There are many days where my fat intake is extremely low as in one piece of chocolate or one teaspoon of coconut. Of course I can't count the fat that is intertwined in the rest of my food. I don't count calories. I just eat to satiety.

Bottom line is let your temperature, pulse rate, mood, blood sugar balance, libido, sleep, blood test/urine results, and amount of body fat be your guide to reveal if your diet and lifestyle choices are working for you.

EIRE24

Westside PUFAs said:
post 113034
YuraCZ said:
post 113033 But for "low fat" people is term LOW FAT diet without oils for sure. Just what is left in whole plants.. You are not doing low fat.. I have right now around 12g of fat for 2500kcal...

I certainly am doing low fat. The magic of saturated fat happens when you use it in small amounts to stoke the metabolic fire. There are many days where my fat intake is extremely low as in one piece of chocolate or one teaspoon of coconut. Of course I can't count the fat that is intertwined in the rest of my food. I don't count calories. I just eat to satiety.

Bottom line is let your temperature, pulse rate, mood, blood sugar balance, libido, sleep, blood test/urine results, and amount of body fat be your guide to reveal if your diet and lifestyle choices are working for you.

West side,

What kind of foods make up your low fat diet? And if you do ever include Saturated fat what sources are they from? I'm guessing you eat mainly starch from your posts and let protein take care of itself from those foods rather than eating meat or dairy?

ThunderSpank

I hate fat. Makes me gag, and I feel sick to my stomach when i force myself to eat too much of it. I've never had a problem taking a big bite of fruit, potato, rice etc, but biting into a stick of butter, or taking a tablespoon of coconut, orrrrrrr drinking whole milk... No thanks..

Amazoniac

Reminded me of this:
THE TOLERANCE OF MAN TO COLD AS AFFECTED BY DIETARY MODIFICATIONS: PROTEINS VERSUS CARBOHYDRATES, AND THE EFFECT OF VARIABLE PROTECTIVE CLOTHING | AJP Legacy
"Thomas (2) believes that the Eskimo has no distaste for carbohydrate foods; their absence from the Eskimo diet results from their unavailability. On the other hand, Burton and associates (3) have reported that in a cool environment, human subjects prefer foods of higher caloric value per gram and lower equivalent respiratory quotient, and that appetite plays a significant role in acclimatization to cold."

Forum Statistics

Back
Top Bottom