BEST TRICEP LONG HEAD EXERCISE

AndrogenicJB

Need a good tricep long head mass builder that you can really feel, skullcrushers dont really do it for me anymore, overloading with more weight becomes a nuisance on the exercise. Anyone have any good suggestions apart from skullcrushers and behind the head dumbell extensions.

Spud

Heavy dips and close grip press builds the most overall mass. To isolate the long head, French press, pullovers and kickbacks hammer mine.

Michael Mohn

I'm not a bodybuilder bro but I found dips and overhead / handstand presses had a good effect on triceps development. Explosively throwing a basketball / heavier medicine ball is good too.

Last edited:

opethfeldt

Behind the neck dumbbell extensions. I usually just use one big dumbbell and alternate dominant hands. Blows my tris up like nothing else.

golder

Larry Scott (first mr Olympia) had a great long head cable isolation that gave a great deep stretch on the long head. YouTube it.

Also I’ve recently been using the bicep curl isolation machine (terrible exercise) but using it backwards so it isolates the tricep longhead. Rest your forehead on the pad where you would usually rest your armpit on for the bicep curl machine. You can’t use much weight on this due to the setup, but great for a finishing exercise after some of the heavier compound exercises mentioned above.

CLASH

Heavy weighted dips grow my triceps better than anything, although this isn't exactly a long head exercise.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals